ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Performance & Maintenance (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance-33/)
-   -   Squeeky Clutch Pedal (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance/203793-squeeky-clutch-pedal.html)

JspecSC3 03-01-06 04:00 PM

Squeeky Clutch Pedal

I just completed my Auto to Manual conversion about a month ago. I bought the Clutch Pedal Assembly brand new from the dealer. Ive driven the car for about 3000 miles after the swap and my pedal still squeeks and it is getting quite annoying. It makes a squeeking noise from the master cylinder rod when I push it in, and it makes a squeeky noise coming from the plastic piece with the spring when I let it go. I hope this doesnt turn out to be another one of my famous threads where I never find the answer to my question. How can I make the squeeking go away? :uh:

huNGjaii 03-01-06 05:11 PM

I have the same exact problem. Some WD-40 takes care of the problem for a short while, but somewhere down the line you'll need to reapply again.

JspecSC3 03-01-06 05:32 PM

I thought about using WD-40 but I think it kinda eats away at the plastic. I wonder if there is some type of grease I can use or something?

vredniykot 03-01-06 05:34 PM

WD-40 is not a perfect lubricant, try some prolong or just plain ole grease

JspecSC3 03-01-06 05:43 PM

Hmm Prolong eh? Is this something I can get at my local auto parts store?

vredniykot 03-01-06 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
Hmm Prolong eh? Is this something I can get at my local auto parts store?

they do sell like engine lubricants and stuff at auto supply store, i have a squize pen that has oil in it, i dont remember where i got it from, i use it mostly for the .45 :D but it is pretty good stuff

i bet some plain axle grease will do tho, wd-40 evaporates too quick

blksc300mt 03-01-06 06:02 PM

mine makes a squeaking noise also...only sometimes though...i still haven't solved the problem.

Tammy 03-01-06 06:08 PM

Mobile 1 red synthetic grease in the one pound tub. just smear a little where the rod contacts the master cylinder, at the return spring contacts and anywhere squeaks originate. It's a high melting point and stays put.

JspecSC3 03-01-06 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tammy
Mobile 1 red synthetic grease in the one pound tub. just smear a little where the rod contacts the master cylinder, at the return spring contacts and anywhere squeaks originate. It's a high melting point and stays put.

This sounds liek something I might want to try out. Where can I pick this up?

deruvian 03-02-06 12:03 AM

Not entirely sure if it will fix your problem, but most people with polyurethane suspension bushings will use white lithium grease... You'd understand why if you've ever tried to use these bushings with little or no grease. Squeaky as hell! It lasts for a very long time, and will quiet down the contact area between the polyurethane and the metal. :thumbup:

Pick it up at your local auto parts place (most will have it), and apply. Shouldn't cost more than a couple $$

convoy 03-02-06 12:30 AM

i have the exact same problem as well. i was planning on remedying the problem during my upcoming clutch job. looks like i'm gonna have to buy some grease from the auto store. thanks for the great info guys.

JspecSC3 03-02-06 11:32 AM

Thanks to everyone! Looks like my question was answered. I'll grease it up ASAP. Thanks again.

Coastal 03-02-06 08:09 PM

buy a bottle of spray on DRY silicone lubricant from your local Lowes or Home Depot, this is the best thing to use for annoying squeaks that come back after regular grease or lube is applied.

ajs14 03-02-06 08:59 PM

i assume the clutch is brand new..sometimes the throwout bearing gets bad on old ones.

JspecSC3 03-02-06 10:40 PM

Everything is new from the dealer. Clutch and brake pedal assembly, hard lines, master and slave, and clutch kit with new TO bearing.