Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

dont know what to go with?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-06, 06:11 PM
blknfury
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dont know what to go with?

I have been thinking to either go with a stage 1 turbo kit form boost logic on my sc300 or either go with a 1jzgte with the six speed tranny
what i really want is power, and what i am saying is if i go with a 1jzgte from a soarer i dont think i would be satisfied with 280 hp on a heavy weighted car, and i cant mod it up to much because of the ceramic turbine not being to handle the psi i want, so i probably would go with a upgraded turbo kit; replacing the ceramic turbos.
Here are my choices:

2jz-ge with thicker head gasket + turbo kit+( would be easier using the same ecu and engine harness, but that turbo kit costs alot.)
-or-
1jzgte with sixspeed tranny+turbo kit (would probably be harder using diffrent ecu, and probably costs as much as my first choice.)
Old 02-05-06, 08:07 PM
atekt
Lexus Test Driver

NA-T....My 02
Old 02-05-06, 08:30 PM
onebadshot
Pole Position

I know TT RX-7s with the stock twins on(bout the same size as the 1jz turbos) that are pushing 600hp on the stock turbos runing 13psi. On the other hand theres alot more NA-t Supras runing around making mad power, you don't see alot of 1jzs doing that but they are perfectly capble of it.
Old 02-05-06, 08:34 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by blknfury
I have been thinking to either go with a stage 1 turbo kit form boost logic on my sc300 or either go with a 1jzgte with the six speed tranny
what i really want is power, and what i am saying is if i go with a 1jzgte from a soarer i dont think i would be satisfied with 280 hp on a heavy weighted car, and i cant mod it up to much because of the ceramic turbine not being to handle the psi i want, so i probably would go with a upgraded turbo kit; replacing the ceramic turbos.
Here are my choices:

2jz-ge with thicker head gasket + turbo kit+( would be easier using the same ecu and engine harness, but that turbo kit costs alot.)
-or-
1jzgte with sixspeed tranny+turbo kit (would probably be harder using diffrent ecu, and probably costs as much as my first choice.)
you already answered your own question
Old 02-05-06, 08:53 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm currently running a single turbo 1JZ. When people ask me if I love the 1JZ, of course I do, but the money that was involved was just not that justified. To tell you the truth, if i could do it all over again, I would have built my 2JZGE. A lot of power, minus the cost.

The stock 2JZGE is a perfect platform. Trust me.
Old 02-05-06, 09:02 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up

Turboing the sc300 is not cheap at all either way in my humble opinion (IMHO) . I think something more important than "power level," is power band. You should ask yourself what kind of driveability you want (street? race track? drag?). I wanted more of a streetable car, so I went with a smaller turbo and I'm loving it....the overall goal was 300rwhp (currently at 260rwhp) and I'm still going to strive for that when I receive my wideband & 7.252psi wastegate spring for finer tuning.

Originally Posted by kaotiq
I'm currently running a single turbo 1JZ. When people ask me if I love the 1JZ, of course I do, but the money that was involved was just not that justified. To tell you the truth, if i could do it all over again, I would have built my 2JZGE. A lot of power, minus the cost.

The stock 2JZGE is a perfect platform. Trust me.
Old 02-07-06, 09:53 AM
kaosman
Driver

Originally Posted by onebadshot
I know TT RX-7s with the stock twins on(bout the same size as the 1jz turbos) that are pushing 600hp on the stock turbos runing 13psi. On the other hand theres alot more NA-t Supras runing around making mad power, you don't see alot of 1jzs doing that but they are perfectly capble of it.
Dude where the hell did you get that info? Stock RX-7 FD twins are pretty small and you'd be lucky to be in the 300 hp range at 13 psi. There are people who run a BNR upgrade (BNR modifies the **** out of the stock twins) and they get upwards of 375 hp at 15ish PSI. No one's broken the 400 rear wheel hp barrier on stock twins yet.
Old 02-07-06, 10:04 AM
prjctSC300
Lead Lap

what is a recommended NA-T set-up?? a weekend driver type of deal...
Old 02-07-06, 10:30 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

If you do the 1JZGTE swap yourself, its very cheap. Trust me on that one.

A 1JZGTE on stock turbo's can not make no more then 380ish rwhp. They don't flow the air. You'll never make any more hp then that on the stock twins. Go single. Its cheap, easy, and you can get the parts anywhere to do it. Also alot more reliable.