Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

So I think it's time for an ATC.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-05, 03:35 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default So I think it's time for an ATC.

Yes, I think the time has come.

The thought came after the events described in this thread took place. We weren't able to diagnose that infamous shuddering in my SC, but I have a feeling, like everyone else here, that it's the TC.

I've done all the searching I can think of, and I don't really have too many questions.

But, here's what I'm kind of caught up on... I've been saving up for new coil overs and after Christmas I'll have saved enough. I just recently considered that with the money I would have spent on the Teins, I can buy an ATC (likely the PI Dragon) and have it installed.

Now, the TC will be more difficult to install, but I think the benefits of it will greatly surpass those of the coilovers. Why? Well, neither of the factory components are really in any serious jeapordy. In fact, the suspension still rides flawlessly. However, the TC has the slight shuddering problem that I believe the new one will get rid of.

I'm trying to weigh out the pros and cons of each mod. No, neither are really necessary at the moment, but I'd like to do something to help me enjoy the car even more; brownie points if it alleviates an existing problem.

Thoughts?

TIA,

Last edited by MongooseGA; 12-10-05 at 04:05 PM.