Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

TT 1UZ Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-07, 09:53 AM
rdm20fan
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This flywheel will work on any 1UZ application you would want. if you used a different trans, QM would need to measure the input shaft of the transmission you chose, and make the internal spline of the clutch disc mate that trans.
They may have it already, but I don't know for sure.

so the flywheel, and pressure plate would be the same one I have, and your disc would be the same also, but the input spline would mate to correct trans.
Actually the flywheel may be slightly different, as it also places the clutch the correct distance on the input shaft of the trans.
but they have these blanks in many sizes, and would make it when it was ordered. it takes them minutes to machine correctly.

But if you have a HP/Torque goal that is within standard clutch capacity, a 7M flywheel redrilled may not be a bad choice, but you will have to make sure the spacing distance of the flywheel will put the clutch in the correct position on the input shaft.
If you have high HP goals, I bet you end up spending more money to get the whole thing put together.
and the benefit of the QM clutch is it's 100% rebuildable so you won't need to replace the whole thing, just the parts which have gone bad.

Here is a photo of a QM clutch I put on my Corolla. You can see the discs, and the center of the disc has a hub which will fit my application. this would have to be made to fit your trans application.
Old 01-17-07, 12:04 PM
MJHSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The work of a true no compromises engineer/ing team.....

I think no matter how the cookie crumbles, it's gonna cost some money to do, and I think dellowe's has the kit with all the right pieces to make it work right, flywheel, clutch parts, bell, etc----

That may be a better route for me and all the low hp guys out there--
Old 01-18-07, 05:51 AM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MJHSC400
The work of a true no compromises engineer/ing team.....

I think no matter how the cookie crumbles, it's gonna cost some money to do, and I think dellowe's has the kit with all the right pieces to make it work right, flywheel, clutch parts, bell, etc----

That may be a better route for me and all the low hp guys out there--
when you say this you do mean the R134 tranny not the V160 like rdm's right?
Old 01-18-07, 06:31 AM
MJHSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

R154-- From MA70 or Soarer Turbo
Old 01-25-07, 08:38 AM
rdm20fan
Lead Lap

Hey Guys, I was kickin @$$, and taken names yesterday!!
I got the motor & Trans back in the car, plus a lot of the little stuff, alot of the wiring, got the harness back in the pass compartment which is a pain.
Got the automatics selector out of the center console which is also a pain in the @$$.
Drilled out the holes for the clutch master cyl. Kinna a pain.

Anyway, some good news is the Getrag fits in the tunnel. Not even 1 hammer blow was needed to fit it!!!
I had read somewhere that on the Supra the tunnel for the auto, and the manual was different, and the auto tunnel needed to be removed, and the manual one put in. That is not the case on the SC. I believe that the shifter will also line up with the stock hole in the tunnel for the auto's selector. This may need to be clearanced for the shifter, but it won't be much, and that would still be alot easier then putting in a new floor!!
The Getrag (Even with the adapter plate) is shorter then the auto trans. So the drive shaft is short. Plus the drive shaft wouldn't bolt up cause of the different flange on the back of the Getrag Vs the Auto even if it were the same length.
Anyway, I'm all excited about it!
I didn't take any pictures, but will try and remember to bring my camera tonight.
Old 01-26-07, 06:47 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rdm20fan
Hey Guys, I was kickin @$$, and taken names yesterday!!
I got the motor & Trans back in the car, plus a lot of the little stuff, alot of the wiring, got the harness back in the pass compartment which is a pain.
Got the automatics selector out of the center console which is also a pain in the @$$.
Drilled out the holes for the clutch master cyl. Kinna a pain.

Anyway, some good news is the Getrag fits in the tunnel. Not even 1 hammer blow was needed to fit it!!!
I had read somewhere that on the Supra the tunnel for the auto, and the manual was different, and the auto tunnel needed to be removed, and the manual one put in. That is not the case on the SC. I believe that the shifter will also line up with the stock hole in the tunnel for the auto's selector. This may need to be clearanced for the shifter, but it won't be much, and that would still be alot easier then putting in a new floor!!
The Getrag (Even with the adapter plate) is shorter then the auto trans. So the drive shaft is short. Plus the drive shaft wouldn't bolt up cause of the different flange on the back of the Getrag Vs the Auto even if it were the same length.
Anyway, I'm all excited about it!
I didn't take any pictures, but will try and remember to bring my camera tonight.
Good work, Bob...Looking forward to hearing how this alll comes out. Can you do me a favor and post up your previous 517 WHP Dyno run when you get a chance?

Thanks,

Ryan
Old 01-29-07, 08:51 AM
rdm20fan
Lead Lap

Hey Ryan,
Here is a link to the thread on Lextreme.
http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4330

The printer was goofy with ink, so it's kinda pinkish.

Th sheet says 510 RWHP and that was around 17PSI (16?-18?)
On a different run the motor mad 501 RWTQ.
On this run I think it was 485 or 487 something like that.

Last edited by rdm20fan; 01-29-07 at 08:55 AM.
Old 01-31-07, 01:06 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

That thing has been the slowest car in the world for a past year.

Chris
Old 01-31-07, 08:45 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rdm20fan
Hey Ryan,
Here is a link to the thread on Lextreme.
http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4330

The printer was goofy with ink, so it's kinda pinkish.

Th sheet says 510 RWHP and that was around 17PSI (16?-18?)
On a different run the motor mad 501 RWTQ.
On this run I think it was 485 or 487 something like that.
Thanks Bob...I got it....

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 04-17-07 at 10:06 PM.
Old 02-01-07, 09:17 PM
chrisman
Driver

Originally Posted by DIrEctQL
That thing has been the slowest car in the world for a past year.

Chris
its getting its beauty sleep/hybernating-- but its gonna be as mean as a bear when it wakes up after winter..
Old 02-03-07, 09:32 PM
Lucky Devin
Driver

rdm20, that is an incredible setup. Man, if I had the extra money to get all that done I would do so in a heartbeat. Well done!
Old 03-20-07, 03:15 PM
Zach90Turb
Driver School Candidate

I've got a quick question regarding the oil squirters. Is the 1UZ block already drilled/threaded for the oil squirters or did you have to do that. I assume they left blanks on the casting if you did. Just trying to get some info about the swap. Congrats on the great work!
Old 03-22-07, 07:29 PM
c0wboy
Banned

They're are not any provisions for oil squirters in the 1uz. And also if the 1uz is anything like the 2jzge, the oil galleys have to be drilled out because they aren't open the entire length of the of the block, only part ways.

Eric
Old 04-04-07, 10:26 AM
rdm20fan
Lead Lap

Eris is correct as there are no provisions in the block to drill, but the oil galley does run the entire length of the block.
Old 04-04-07, 10:39 AM
c0wboy
Banned

Bob, is the galley open the entire length of the block though? The 2jz-ge motors have the same galley in them as the 2jzgte motors, however we've seen where they we're blocked at the halfway point meaning that only half of the squirters were receiving oil. It's a possibility that the 1uz's are the same way.

Thanks man,

Eric

Quick Reply: TT 1UZ Rebuild