Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

One Messed Up Day (Plz Help)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-05, 06:54 PM
$C300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default One Messed Up Day

well guys today I took my baby for a alinment, then she was off to get detailed. when we went to pick up the car the guy goes: "ya its vibrating a little it should go away".
We also had an appointment to get Freon in tha A/C so not to miss that we didn’t pay to much attention to what the guy was saying.On the way there she shuts off, sum how we got it started and went back to the detail shop to find out that THE IDEOTS sum how got the spark plugs wet we took the plugs out at the detail shop, cleaned em. Unfortunately we couldn’t get to the one under the manifold so we got 4 cleaned got her started, but she is still shaking. At this point very little, but noticeable. she is still shaking espesialy under 1000RPM. what should i do?

And the A/C guys, they pressure test the system and said it was leaking around the A/C pump and they mentioned that the Lex uses R12 Freon (its a 93) and it hard to find and that it would be easier to convert it to use new Freon, is that true?

And I want to take the throttle body of to get to the two other plugs

Can sum one plz help

>>>EDETIDE<<<<

Last edited by $C300; 08-31-05 at 11:24 PM.
Old 08-29-05, 07:00 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

your car is shaking? could it be your engine mounts are messed up?
Old 08-29-05, 07:01 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 229 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by $C300
well guys today I took my baby for an alignment, then she was off to get detailed. when we went to pick up the car, the guy goes, "ya its vibrating a little. it should go away." We also had an appointment to get Freon in the A/C, so not to miss that appointment, we didn’t pay too much attention to the vibrating. On the way there, she shuts off. We some how got it started, and back to the detail shop. There we found out that THE IDIOTS some how got the spark plugs wet. We took the plugs out at the detail shop and cleaned them. Unfortunately we couldn’t get to the ones under the manifold, so we only got 4 cleaned. We got her started now. She is still shaking at this point, very little but noticeable. We get it to the A/C guy next, and they pressure test the system. It doesn’t work because it is leaking around the A/C pump. They mentioned that the Lex uses R12 Freon (its a 93) and its hard to find. They told me that it would be easier to convert it to use new Freon.

And I want to take the throttle body off to get to the two other plugs.

Can sum one plz help
Damn, why don't you guys learn to use punctuation? That's the second headache I've read tonite. Sorry I can't help you, but for future reference, pleae make it a little bit easier for people to read. I know that many members, perhaps who possess the knowledge you require, will not even bother to read something like this, hence no answer for you. Just a tip .

^^^I edited the quote a little, to make it somewhat easier to read.
Old 08-29-05, 07:03 PM
$C300
Lexus Test Driver

i was pritty pissed when i wrote this so plz forgive the punctuations, and no the car was fine before the detail.
Old 08-29-05, 07:17 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

what part of cali are you in?

if they washed the engine bay, you may need to put in new plugs, wires & distributor cap.
Old 08-29-05, 07:20 PM
$C300
Lexus Test Driver

in in burbank, next to glendale

this is so agravatin i want to work on it myself i like workin on it it just that i have to get over the "i might screw sumthin up" feelin.

can sum one plz tell me what i need to remove to get to the 2 center sprak plugs.

Last edited by $C300; 08-29-05 at 07:24 PM.
Old 08-29-05, 07:29 PM
actuary
Driver

Originally Posted by $C300
in in burbank, next to glendale

this is so agravatin i want to work on it myself i like workin on it it just that i have to get over the "i might screw sumthin up" feelin.

can sum one plz tell me what i need to remove to get to the 2 center sprak plugs.
If your A/C system isn't leaking and you only need a recharge, you can just get 1 or 2 pounds of R12 put in. I got 1 pound put in for $80 at "The Muffler Shop" in Glendale on San Fernando Rd. I think he said he has 4-5 pounds of R12 left in stock.

To get to all the spark plugs, you need to remove your throttle body. This includes 2 electrical connections, 2 coolant connections, and 4 vacuum hoses. The only hard part is one of the coolant hoses that connect on the bottom of the throttle body... it's a biotch to get to.
Old 08-29-05, 07:36 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as far as the AC goes, its better to go ahead and convert it to R134a. as far as the shaking... this once happened to me when i cleaned my engine bay. it ran like crap for a few days. on the 2nd or 3rd day, i thought it was about to die as i was pulling into my garage. the next day, it was fine. it wasnt long after that, that i changed my cap and rotor anyways. i would let it run for a while and see if some of it goes away. good luck.

to get the plugs out, you need to slide your trottle body over a bit. it does not need to come off. just take off the intake, remove the 4 nuts below the trottle body that hold on a bracket. then remove the nuts and bolts holding in the trotle body. slide the TB out of the way... not too much, as you do not want to pull off the coolant hose at the bottom of the TB. use a swivel on the socket for the plugs if you need to... they will come out. good luck.

in the future, please try a bit harder when typing... i was reluctant to reply simply because it was very difficult to read what you typed. thanks.
Old 08-29-05, 08:12 PM
$C300
Lexus Test Driver

Tnx for the info I will keep all of it in mind but I still wont be able to rest until I resolve the problem.

I will be checking the sparkplugs tomorrow (hopefully).

And again I apologies for the typing I was very angry when I wrote it I have edited it hopefully it’s a bit easier to read.
Old 08-29-05, 08:18 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its all good buddy.
Old 08-29-05, 08:20 PM
$C300
Lexus Test Driver

I hope so, I love my SC I just hate to see it suffer cuss some people don’t know how to use a pressure washer.

Last edited by $C300; 08-29-05 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-29-05, 09:28 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I know that feeling too,

Check your ignitor connections too, see if any water got into it. as I had that problem, along with wet spark plugs on my old 1JZ
Old 08-29-05, 10:35 PM
RADSC
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shake

use an air compressor to blow off the air along the head/spark plugs..

check distributor. remove the cap and use compress air to dry it and the wires.

hopefully water did not get into your distributor.

good luck.
Old 08-30-05, 07:33 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its easy as heck to take off the TB... You can bypass the coolent to your throttle body in the process also Its not hard, i can have the fuel injectors swapped from start to finish in less then 45mins, you can do it
Old 08-30-05, 10:17 AM
$C300
Lexus Test Driver

Alright guys tnx for the help im going to check the distributor first then more on to the plugs ill let u guys know how it goes.

Quick Reply: One Messed Up Day (Plz Help)