Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Super Charging Sc400!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-05, 10:37 PM
thebanez
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Super Charging Sc400!!!!!

OK.! i think i struck gold here. After lookin on line all the time for some kinda lead as something i could do to my V8 i think i found something. I never thought id have th emoney to supercharge this car i just looked around just to know if it was possible. then i ran across this.

http://www.lextreme.com/m112.html

please give that a good look and tell me what u think

the m90 is one of the chargers the recomended and it seems liek the safer one to use and heres an expamle of one i found on ebay for only $250!!! thats a lil cheap but they nromaly go for about 600 used!! amazing!

http://motors.search.ebay.com/m90-su...Z6000QQsaspiZ2

anyway in that first link they do talk about some pully problems. Would this be a big deal? Any imput please im exicted. If im missing something im very sorry i just got my wisdom teeth out and im very druged lollll
Old 08-24-05, 10:53 PM
advan7
Pole Position

Hope this helps, I've been looking at supercharging and turbocharging my sc4. I got this information from Danny @ forcedairtech.com.au

1uz-fe Toyota/Lexus Supercharger Eaton M90F Kit

Forced Air Tech (FAT) has produced a number of supercharger installation kits to suit the 1UZ-FE engine over the past few years using several different superchargers but have found for a good street kit the Ford Eaton M90 is a good choice.

The Eaton M90F supercharger was manufactured and sold on Ford T Birds and some other V6 Ford models through the early 90`s, these superchargers can still be sourced new, reconditioned or through recyclers at a reasonable price.

Forced Air Tech offers customers the option to source their own supercharger to help reduce freight and duties, but it must be remembered that this kit only suits the Ford Eaton M90 supercharger.

The Eaton M90F is a hi-helix routes style positive displacement supercharger and is suited to increasing low down torque as well as power right through the rev range of an engine and is well suited to the 1UZ-FE motor.

This kit is capable of providing up to 10psi boost, which will give an approximate power increase from 30% to 50% at the wheels depending on the vehicle and its configuration and the boost on offer run.

The kit can come in 5psi, 8psi and 10-psi packages to suit a customer’s specific requirement and budget.

5 PSI Kit

The 5psi kit will suit a stock standard engine with no exhaust or engine management modifications, it comes with a rising rate fuel regulator which is sufficient to work with the standard Mass Air Flow Meter which will together compensate for the added air flow introduce by the supercharger. (No other engine management is required)

8 PSI Kit

The 8psi kit is a simple supercharger pulley change to achieve the boost brings with it a need to run a higher octane fuel and to have the some control over the engines tuning functions.

This kit comes with a piggyback computer , which gives you some control over the vehicles ignition, and fuel maps as well as driving supplementary injectors feeding in the intake of the supercharger.

10 PSI Kit

The 10-psi kit needs more engine management control via a stand-alone aftermarket computer to achieve the best performance.

The 10-psi kit also comes with a high flow 75mm throttle body which fits to the standard supercharger intake with only a few modifications.

As the stand-alone computer does not require the mass air flow sensor this is replaced with a high flow induction tube for best results.

And to achieve the added boost it is required to fit a larger diameter engine crank pulley which is also supplied in the kit.

Fitting

All kits are mechanically the same and can be fitted by ay competent mechanical workshop but when you have to fit the piggy back or a stand alone computer you will need a shop that has a chassis dynamometer and a technician proficient in engine management control systems.

To ensure that you give your vehicle its best chance to handle the added power we advise that your transmission is serviced using quality trans oil (we recommend a premium synthetic trans oil) and for the 8 and 10 psi kit a trans upgrade with a shift kit and additional oil cooling to cater for the extra torque.

As there are limited suppliers of performance parts for the 1uz-fe engine Forced Air Tech can assist in accessories such as high-flow fuel pumps and extractors if required.

The above kits now come with a cast supercharger/Intake manifold and does not require any exchange components or permanent modifications so if required the vehicle can be returned back to standard without much trouble.
NOTE: It is advised that you should confirm your own insurance and compliance issues as these can change with this modification.

What Is Supplied In The Base 5psi Eaton M90F Kit.

- Supercharger Fitting Kit (no supercharger)

Manifold
Top Plate
S/C intake
Idle bi-pass ($3,100USD)
S/C pulley
S/C Belt
Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator
Idler pulleys
All fasteners and spacers required

- Eaton M90F Supercharger (optional) ($950USD)
(These will be remanufactured units)

What is supplied extra with the 8 psi Eaton M90F kit.

- Piggy Back Control unit.
- 2 Supplementary Injectors ($850USD)
- Injector Fittings and fuel hoses.
- 58mm Supercharger Pulley

What is supplied extra with the 10 psi Eaton M90 kit.

- 75mm High Flow Throttle body
- Replacement engine crank pulley.(15mm increase in dia)
- High flow intake to replace MAF. ($1,950USD)
- Wolf stand alone engine control unit (ECU).

What is available as accessories to the Eaton M90F Kit

- Extractors (High Flow) ($950USD)
- Hi-flow in tank fuel pump ($350USD)
- Wolf or Hawk stand-alone ECU (1,100USD)
- Water injection system ($450USD)
- 1 range colder spark plugs (TBA)
- Embossed metal/paper inlet gaskets ($18USD/Pair)

NOTE: All prices are in US Dollars and are FOB Melbourne.

If you want more boost! then ask us about the High Boost twin screw kit and engine upgrade components.
Old 08-24-05, 10:59 PM
thebanez
Driver School Candidate

thanx alot! haha im a lil confused but i guess il figure it out
Old 08-24-05, 11:04 PM
thebanez
Driver School Candidate

ok wow this is great ur awesome thats exactly what i needed. I just think its weird iv never hurd of this b4.