Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Suddenly Stalled, Help...Anyone!!!!??

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-05, 12:16 PM
couper
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suddenly Stalled, Help...Anyone!!!!??

Hi guys, I was driving to the supermarket yesterday and all of a sudden the car shut down (93 SC400). Went to try and start it and it seems to almost fire up again but no luck. The rest of the attempts were hopeless. The car turns over nice and fast so its not alternator or battery problem. Tried to fire it up a few hours later, but still no luck. Car was running fine before that, no warning lights, AC was on also. Have never had any problems like this before.
I checked out the previous posts that all point to the fuel pump ECU. But they all stated that the car would stall, would start up again, and stall again later, or even much later. mine has never had any issues before and just wont fire, could it still be an ECU issue. I was told by a Lexus service advisor that the fuel pumps rarely go on these vehicles. Plugs and PCV were changed 5 months ago, wires were tested for resistance and checked out ok, and I only use premium fuel. Car has less than 150k KM (under 90K miles). Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-12-05, 08:28 PM
vududoc
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Idle air control motor(clean)
and vac check