Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jz overheats?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-05, 09:13 PM
groovinSc3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1jz overheats?

im just curious and been searching but i coudlnt come up with much. maybe im not using the right search words but my question is simple:

i daily drive my car w/ a 1jz in it. i just want to know if the motor easily overheats driving in this hot so cal weather we're currently having. im not sure if the temp meter in our cars are really that accurate anyways. so thats two questions:

are our temp guages accurate enough to follow off of?

is it bad to daily drive our 1jz in this hot weather?

thanks in advanced.
Old 08-02-05, 10:19 AM
KidPandJ
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be fine driving a 1jz in hot weather so long as your cooling system is in good shape and you're not running lots of timing (huge aftermarket cams). They drive 1jz daily in Australia all the time. it gets warm down there i hear.
Old 08-02-05, 02:56 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My car is daily driving in Orlando, FL and no overheating issues here. It may seem hot when you open the hood after a drive, but all JZ engines are like that.
Old 08-02-05, 03:48 PM
groovinSc3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by got_trd
My car is daily driving in Orlando, FL and no overheating issues here. It may seem hot when you open the hood after a drive, but all JZ engines are like that.
yea...everytime i get home i pop the hood for liek 10 mins just cuz im scared and i wnted to know if anyone else was thinking what i was thinking and what pre cautions they took if any. thanks for all the help
Old 08-02-05, 09:44 PM
RjRacing
Driver

This is a factory engine in other parts of the world that see's more heat than SoCal ever would, not to mention the humidity in Japan, for those who has been there you know what I'm talking about. Mine isn't overheating as it sits on the crate in the garage .It should do fine though, my buddy had the same worry about it over heating on the factory SC radiator and stuff but it did fine on a trip from VA to TX and back.