Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Anyone with a map ecu on their na-t?

Old 07-27-05, 03:11 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone with a map ecu on their na-t?

A buddy of mine installed the map ecu on his 93.5 na-t and the car runs like crap. Does anyone have a diagram of how they wired the map ecu in the car?
Old 07-27-05, 08:32 PM
stickso
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has he had it tuned on a dyno yet? You can't just plug it in and expect it to run using the default map. Using the auto-learn mode gets close but it still needs to be tuned...
Old 07-27-05, 09:14 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

i dont think it would make it to the dyno....
Old 07-27-05, 10:39 PM
stickso
Driver School Candidate

That bad huh? Does the SC3 have an airflow meter (i don't know much about the 2JZ)? I've fitted a Map-ECU on my V8 Soarer and I wired it up in auto-learn mode first so it reads the output of the airflow meter to get the values in the table close, so probably best to put the airflow meter back on and change the wiring to auto-learn mode and drive around for a week while it fills the table.

It won't fill all the values in the table so fill in the cells with 0 manually (just copy the highest value next to it), then take out the airflow meter, change the wiring back so it's outputting to the ECU and cruise to the dyno to get it tuned.

Either that or tow it to the dyno
Old 07-28-05, 01:31 AM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

go to www.supraforums.com. Power house racing section...one of their rep's gave some advice on how to get NA-t working enough to properly drive to a dyno for tuning. I also have the map-ecu, just not installed yet.
Old 07-28-05, 09:57 AM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by stickso
That bad huh? Does the SC3 have an airflow meter (i don't know much about the 2JZ)? I've fitted a Map-ECU on my V8 Soarer and I wired it up in auto-learn mode first so it reads the output of the airflow meter to get the values in the table close, so probably best to put the airflow meter back on and change the wiring to auto-learn mode and drive around for a week while it fills the table.

It won't fill all the values in the table so fill in the cells with 0 manually (just copy the highest value next to it), then take out the airflow meter, change the wiring back so it's outputting to the ECU and cruise to the dyno to get it tuned.

Either that or tow it to the dyno
Cool. I will get him to try that and see how it works. I have a 1jz and thats already got a map sensor so i dont know much about all that converting stuff either....