Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Engine hesitation and rear speakers not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-05, 08:08 AM
tdouek
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine hesitation and rear speakers not working

Hi,

I just bought my first sc - its a 95 400 with 100,000 miles and so far its a pleasure to own/drive.

Couple of things I'd appreciate some advice on:

1) Under hard acceleration the car is great - smooth shifts and no hesitation. However, under slow acceleration the engine feels a bit 'lumpy' between 1,200 - 1,800 RPM - is this something that should worry me or something that points to a problem??

2) Nak system - front speakers and subwoofer fine but rear speakers not working (no sound). I've checked for water around the amp and under the rear seat connectors - everything is dry and there are no watermarks to indicate a problem in the past. Any suggestions??

3) three quarter inch rust spot on drivers side windscreen corner - bubbling slightly - any ideas that will spare me the expense of a full roof respray??

4) Suspension a bit 'rattlely' on bumpy tarmac - is this common or does it suggest a ball joint/suspension problem??

Great forum BTW and I look forward to receiving some advice from any of you SC400 owners out there with more experience on these cars than me.
Old 07-27-05, 07:29 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to CL
Since you are new and don't know yet, but you can search on these topics by using the search button. I'm sure we covered these topic before. I'll give you some advice anyways, hope it help

Originally Posted by tdouek
Hi,

I just bought my first sc - its a 95 400 with 100,000 miles and so far its a pleasure to own/drive.

Couple of things I'd appreciate some advice on:

1) Under hard acceleration the car is great - smooth shifts and no hesitation. However, under slow acceleration the engine feels a bit 'lumpy' between 1,200 - 1,800 RPM - is this something that should worry me or something that points to a problem?? Try to do a Tune Up. Like change sparks plugs, sparks wires, all the fluids etc..... And clean your throttle body.

2) Nak system - front speakers and subwoofer fine but rear speakers not working (no sound). I've checked for water around the amp and under the rear seat connectors - everything is dry and there are no watermarks to indicate a problem in the past. Any suggestions??Mostly likely the speaker are fried. It's a pretty common, since mine is also fried when I bought the car.

3) three quarter inch rust spot on drivers side windscreen corner - bubbling slightly - any ideas that will spare me the expense of a full roof respray?? I don't know much about this. Can someone help??

4) Suspension a bit 'rattlely' on bumpy tarmac - is this common or does it suggest a ball joint/suspension problem?? Mabey your shock and strut are gone. If you still have orginal stock suspension, then the shock might be dead. Check your control arm bushing and replace if needed.

Great forum BTW and I look forward to receiving some advice from any of you SC400 owners out there with more experience on these cars than me.