Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

anyone seen this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-05, 11:18 PM
na4now
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone seen this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2JZGE...QQcmdZViewItem

Any opinions?
Seems like a decent deal.

Jordan
Old 07-21-05, 11:47 PM
happypanda
Lead Lap

ya i saw that earlier...seems like a really good deal...just up to whoever wants to try it and finds out for themselves..but the way it looks, i wouldnt mind doing that...
Old 07-22-05, 12:53 AM
gowest
Driver

For the same price you can buy 1jz-gte clip.

To make NA-T to run right will require a lot more $$$$$$$. ECU, injector,fuel pump,FPR, which will bump up the cost by far. Plus reliability issue of stock NA internal.
Old 07-22-05, 01:34 PM
na4now
Lexus Test Driver

Ive been wanting to turbocharge my car..and.... Thats true about the clip. Even better, a JDM motor /tranny which is very affordable and easy to get, and would be a better alternative.

But the info for the swap, (1jzgte or 2jzgte), is so vague. Ive done lots of searches, and most of the results are people saying "do a search". Or you can buy a book for $200. If there was somewhere I could locate detailed, accurate information and specifics on the wiring, I would not even consider doing the na-t.

On the other hand, adding a turbo to a na car is relatively simple, if you can get it properly tuned. All the electrics come with those handy instructions.

If someone could post a link, or point me in the right direction, for swap information or a write-up.....I would much rather look into that.

Jordan
Old 07-22-05, 01:39 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gowest
For the same price you can buy 1jz-gte clip.

To make NA-T to run right will require a lot more $$$$$$$. ECU, injector,fuel pump,FPR, which will bump up the cost by far. Plus reliability issue of stock NA internal.

i have to dissagree, i have seen 340WHP with nothing but a turbonetics kit. no fuel, no map ECU, no exhaust. not even a head gasket. for the money, i would go with a 1JZ though. i saw the add, and it looked a little shady to me, maybe its because this is the first time i have seen it. i dunno, i just think twice about everything on ebay.... especially the companies.
Old 07-22-05, 08:05 PM
na4now
Lexus Test Driver

BTW.........I JUST saw Phil Audridge's book on ebay for $95 shipped. I think I might get one. Thats alot better priced.

Jordan
Old 07-22-05, 08:22 PM
gowest
Driver

Originally Posted by ki_soarer
i have to dissagree, i have seen 340WHP with nothing but a turbonetics kit. no fuel, no map ECU, no exhaust. not even a head gasket. for the money, i would go with a 1JZ though. i saw the add, and it looked a little shady to me, maybe its because this is the first time i have seen it. i dunno, i just think twice about everything on ebay.... especially the companies.
That true turbonatic kit can make 340rwhp without other modification. But how long it will last. I have done this NA-T B4.

I NA-T a Honda CR-V, with one way valve to fool ecu and together with AIC to add more fuel. It does make 50 more HP. But only last for 6 month B4 piston and piston ring give up and lot of white smoke began to come out of exehaust. I have to rebuild the engine and add E- manage to properlly run the turbo kits. Add everything up and it lot of $$$.

It true that properly prepare NA-T will yield big reliable HP but it will be more expensive than swap the entire JDM turbo engine. JDM swap is not a new thing anymore so it getting easier and cheaper since many have done it .

Last edited by gowest; 07-22-05 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-22-05, 09:13 PM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Plus reliability issue of stock NA internal.
NA internals have withstand repeated 9-second passes.....
Old 07-23-05, 09:55 AM
gowest
Driver

Originally Posted by BrownDuckz
NA internals have withstand repeated 9-second passes.....
You kidding me??? Stock 2JZ-GE? Did you mean that NA piston, shaft, piston ring, and gasket can withstand repeated 9 sec passes. Wow how much HP does it make and how much boost does it run???
Old 07-23-05, 10:00 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Dave H does it all day in his na-t supra.
Old 07-23-05, 10:03 AM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You kidding me??? Stock 2JZ-GE? Did you mean that NA piston, shaft, piston ring, and gasket can withstand repeated 9 sec passes. Wow how much HP does it make and how much boost does it run???
yeah gowest is right guys. 340 turbonetics turbo kit with stock head gasket isn't going to last you very long (he must be at 10+ psi and you sc300 guys are the ones who swear by not going over like 7-8, but another matter is also the tuning.)

and yeah that 1 car with the 9 sec pass is dave H king of NA supra...so he's special and doesn't count . plus he does have cames and hg.
Old 07-23-05, 10:05 AM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ki_soarer
Dave H does it all day in his na-t supra.
all day? he probably runs the car at the track once a month, if even that. it's not a daily driver (correct me if i'm wrong). that's why it's been around for so long.