Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

my sc300-2jzgte swap question

Old 07-13-05, 10:43 PM
redTTsc300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my sc300-2jzgte swap question

first off, hello to all.

well i've been working on my swap for some time now and i got it to run about a month ago. ran real smooth, but i've left it there and concentrated on school and worked for some time. when i got back to the project today, it wouldnt fire up. i have air, fuel but no spark.

so i kind of worked backwards and tried to trace my problem. it seems as though the igniter is giving me a 12.6v reading when the acc. is switch on, so i assume that it's ok. when i get to the resistor, im not gettn any readings at all with acc. turned on or while cranking. it's either i dont know how to test a resistor, which i don't, or that it's fried.
it is a brand new resistor though.

has anyone had this problem? in phil auldridge's swap manual, he states that i require an engine noise filter, which mounts right next to the igniter and resistor. i did not get that when i first started the motor. could that be the problem and that i fried the resistor?

thanks in advance for any help i may receive.
Old 07-14-05, 10:28 AM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Go through and check all of your ground connections again, could be something loose. As well as the ignition wires that had to be swapped on the harness.

Can you hear the fuel pump turning on? maybe try doing the 12v mod and bypass the fuel ecu. Just a few quick thoughts.

Good luck.

Chris