Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

nitrous on my sc300

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-05, 08:19 PM
Coolstr85
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous on my sc300

ok. so im going to turbo my engine hopefully sometime around christmas. but until then i need a little get up so i bought a wet NOS kit from a friend. i plan on running a 75 shot. the mods on my car so far: 2mm headgasket to lower compression, degree cooler spark plugs, 255LPH Walbro Fuel pump, SAFC.....

question 1: would you all recommend anything else for the engine? i only plan on using it maybe once a month until christmas but i dont feel like blowing internals or my headgasket. oh and dont forget my engine has 150k on it.

question 2: do any of you have wet kits on your car? where did you tap into the fuel rail at? pictures would be great but i can probably figure it out if you just describe it.

any comments, or concerns would be greatly appreciated. -Taylor
Old 06-10-05, 08:26 PM
Ozziffied
Driver School Candidate

if you engine has 150k on it, I personally would not do nitrous on a engine with that many miles on it. Also, I would never buy a used nitrous system, becouse use nitous cylinoids tend to swell up and stick open!

Ryan
Old 06-10-05, 10:55 PM
Coolstr85
Rookie

Originally Posted by Ozziffied
if you engine has 150k on it, I personally would not do nitrous on a engine with that many miles on it. Also, I would never buy a used nitrous system, becouse use nitous cylinoids tend to swell up and stick open!

Ryan
well i bought it from a friend unused. everythings brand new. and why not use it on an engine with 150k? i understand what your saying, that its old and parts may break, but what parts? anyone know? the pistons and rods are forged and i couldnt get much stronger than that, newer but i dont really think they would need replacing. the headgasket i could see going but its been replaced with one that is thicker to lower compression and stronger to hold the extra pressure. i have cooler spark plugs to help prevent detonation. and ive got the fuel pump and SAFC to get the right amount of fuel in there and watch whats goin on with the Air/Fuel ratio. it just seems like im missing something. what else is known to break with high mileage? ive heard rumors of the intake and exhaust valves warping and becoming weak after a lot of boost. and ill definetly replace those before the turbo. i just dont see the need to replace them for a 75 shot. but if thats what i need to do for safety then ill do it. also, i know a lot of people retard the timing for bigger shots but id rather not do that if i dont have to that way i can daily drive it without the nitrous. thanks again for your comment though. keep them coming
Old 06-11-05, 02:05 PM
MadMaxxNA
Driver

Ryan

S.T.F.U

1) 150K to a 2JZ is just getting warmed up
2) cylinoids? I bet those are JDM tyte yo.

Cool:

If you've already done a 2mm hg and supporting mods, why aren't you boosting man?
75 shot is nothing with those mods. Hell you can do 75 wet on a stock motor.
Old 06-11-05, 02:57 PM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MadMaxx, keep it civil.

FYI, 75 shot is fine. You could have done it on stock with no problems so you should be ok. I ran a 75 dry shot for a couple years on stock everything (car was under warranty

Nitrous solenoids being JDM tyte? Not my NOS system. I ran the blue bottle, good old USA...
Old 06-11-05, 07:15 PM
Coolstr85
Rookie

Originally Posted by MadMaxxNA
S.T.F.U

1) 150K to a 2JZ is just getting warmed up
2) cylinoids? I bet those are JDM tyte yo.

Cool:

If you've already done a 2mm hg and supporting mods, why aren't you boosting man?
75 shot is nothing with those mods. Hell you can do 75 wet on a stock motor.
hey. yea im going to eventually be boosting. but thats still about $2500 away. thats the reason i lowered compression and stuff. just slowly building up to it. im a sophomore in college so money isnt exactly the easiest thing to come by. thats why im workin 60 hours a week this summer so by christmas i can have everything turboed and pretty looking and maybe do some auto crossing. also, because of atlanta traffic i have an automatic. and its stock. so i dont want to boost or run to much nitrous until i can put in a stronger tranny and torque converter. but thankyou for your guidance you seem to know what your saying!
Old 06-11-05, 08:45 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,257 Likes on 998 Posts

If set up right I agree you will be fine. 150K is nothing on that motor. MSD has a Digital 6 box that can control the Nitrous and also retrad timming. Not that you have to have it if you have lowered compression but just wanted to let you know. I am in the process of Zex kitting a SC400. May go as much as 125 Shot. Good luck !
Old 06-11-05, 08:50 PM
Ozziffied
Driver School Candidate

rember 4 degress of retard per 100hp I think and you should be fine... Everyone is going against me, but this is usual! LOL I know that i cant' spell
Old 06-12-05, 12:11 AM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Everyone is going against me, but this is usual! :
Gee I wonder why that is!? Maybe because you have no clue what you are talking about...
Old 06-12-05, 02:04 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn, you guys sure are comming off harsh. give the new guy a break, if you dont believe him about his car, just keep it to yourself or the PMs. i for one, dont want this forum to turn into supraforums.
Old 06-12-05, 08:23 AM
MadMaxxNA
Driver

Originally Posted by ki_soarer
damn, you guys sure are comming off harsh. give the new guy a break, if you dont believe him about his car, just keep it to yourself or the PMs. i for one, dont want this forum to turn into supraforums.

Yeah, better not let this place be filled with valued information, rather than people asking how much bling they should put on

I just installed a JDM flux capacitor in my sc300. It's so sweet.
Old 06-12-05, 09:42 AM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MadMaxxNA
Yeah, better not let this place be filled with valued information, rather than people asking how much bling they should put on

I just installed a JDM flux capacitor in my sc300. It's so sweet.
I agree, there is a place and time to be civil, and there is also a place and time to call someone's BS. This guy OBVIOUSLY knows NOTHING... stop being so passive. This guy is giving advice about things he has no clue about, and I'm not going to waste my time om'ing this guy. It's not going to do any good. He will continue to post his moronic BS, untill a mod does something about it.
Old 06-12-05, 11:03 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe he meant 550hp on 800cc injectors oh, and you should be on with the nitrous on your car. your not going with a huge shot, and you already lowered your compression. you should be fine.
Old 06-13-05, 10:53 AM
Bane
Rookie

Cylinoids... that's classic. My co-workers probably think I'm crazy (laughing)... I gotta show that post to my boss.

But anyway, 75 wet shot should be plenty safe. If you want to play it even more safe you can run 1-stage cooler spark plugs and retard the static timing 2 degrees also.
Old 06-13-05, 11:02 AM
MadMaxxNA
Driver

Originally Posted by T0ked
MadMaxx, keep it civil.

Nitrous solenoids being JDM tyte? Not my NOS system. I ran the blue bottle, good old USA...

I guess you missed how he spelled it.

Sarcasim, it's whats for dinner.

Quick Reply: nitrous on my sc300