Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

R154 and 1jz question.

Old 06-08-05, 10:37 AM
ippyness
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R154 and 1jz question.

hey, ive done alota looking around.. i hate posting to ask questions.. but i couldnt find a straight answer to my problems. first. i was reading that teh r154 is a little short... but then i read that there was a diffrent shifter for the sc which was angled so it fit? or how does this work.. also with the 1jz is the ecu and wiring going to be the same out of a supra as it would out of a soarer.. if not where can you pick up a soarer engine/ecu? i know with the supra.. the 1j would only fit with a 89+ crossmember because of the oil pans/crossmember on the ealier supras were in a diffrent spot.. i know i wont have any problems doing the swap.. as ive owned 9 supras :P and done countless swaps.. but you know.. dont wanna buy the wrong parts.. only to find out something doesnt work :P thanks in advance for anyhelp
Old 06-08-05, 10:51 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wiring/ECU is different between the Supra and Soarer.

Just buy a 1JZ out of a Soarer, and you'll have no problems with crossmembers or anything like that. Better yer, buy a Saorer clip, thats what I did.

And yes, the tail shifter assembly between the two R154's is different, and the bellhousing is as well.
Old 06-08-05, 10:56 AM
ippyness
Pole Position

ok well thats good to know, yeah i know the bellhousing is diffrent.. so what about the tail housing.. any solution to that? and wheres the best place to pick up a soarer front clip?thanks.
Old 06-08-05, 11:05 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ippyness
ok well thats good to know, yeah i know the bellhousing is diffrent.. so what about the tail housing.. any solution to that? and wheres the best place to pick up a soarer front clip?thanks.
I bought mine from Jarco. They were great to deal with, and have the best reputation out there.
Old 06-08-05, 11:09 AM
ippyness
Pole Position

yeah i was looking at there inventory, says outa stock.. i love jarco also. great people. ive bought stuff off ebay from them. oh and what was the turn around time on the front clip? jw
Old 06-08-05, 11:21 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ippyness
yeah i was looking at there inventory, says outa stock.. i love jarco also. great people. ive bought stuff off ebay from them. oh and what was the turn around time on the front clip? jw
I had it delivered to my house about 4 days after the auction, but that obviously isnt the norm They personally delivered it to me.