Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Newbie in supercharging a SC400

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-05, 02:36 AM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Newbie in supercharging a SC400

Hello V8 lovers,
I'm a newbie both in supercharging and SC400 engine even though I've been building turbo systems on Honda engines for quite awhile. I'm wondering how I can put an Eaton M90 in place of the intake manifold for the SC400. As I see in the picture, there're 3 things that I don't know what to do once I fabricate the manifold as the base for the Eaton supercharger. First, in front of the intake manifold, which is also in front of the "L" logo and right behind the plastic cover that says "1UZ-FE", there's a device that is black and round shape, which is connected to the intake tube on the left by a 3/4 inch hose. Second, a little further back to the right of the "L" logo, there's a device that's attached to the right of the intake manifold that has a white base and a black device on top of it. Third is the 5/8" hose on the very end of intake manifold that is positioned closed to the firewall. In general, I don't know what to do with most things that are attached to the intake manifold, because once I build the manifold for the Eaton M90, they have to be put somewhere and I don't know what to do with them.

Your inputs are greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Newbie in supercharging a SC400-sc-engine-2-edited.jpg  
Old 06-03-05, 08:29 AM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Supercharger home!

You should check out TIF over in the UK. Check out this thread to get started Supercharger, but there's LOTS more good stuff there. Contact "Smiffie" or "London Bill" if you want to talk to the authorities about supercharging the 1UZ. Oh yeah, you can tell 'em "One Swift Yank" sent ya
Old 06-03-05, 04:26 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wmulli
You should check out TIF over in the UK. Check out this thread to get started Supercharger, but there's LOTS more good stuff there. Contact "Smiffie" or "London Bill" if you want to talk to the authorities about supercharging the 1UZ. Oh yeah, you can tell 'em "One Swift Yank" sent ya
Thanks for your info. I'll look it up.