Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Post your 1jz swap issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-05, 02:35 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My A/C used to work until the compressor started locking up so now I dont use it. It still works, but I dont wanna have it lock up and screw something up. You just gotta get the system charged again after the swap.
Old 05-05-05, 02:48 PM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by got_trd
My A/C used to work until the compressor started locking up so now I dont use it. It still works, but I dont wanna have it lock up and screw something up. You just gotta get the system charged again after the swap.

did you open up the system when you did the swap? What i thought alot of people do is leave the system closed and use the 2jz compressor. am i wrong with this assumption or was it the 2jz compressor that was locking up?
Old 05-05-05, 03:53 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rscott
did you open up the system when you did the swap? What i thought alot of people do is leave the system closed and use the 2jz compressor. am i wrong with this assumption or was it the 2jz compressor that was locking up?
I have the 1JZ compressor in mine. mteele now also has the 1JZ compressor. His 2JZ one was locking up every now and then also so we just swapped it. So yea the system was opened up. Thats a good idea about leaving the stock compressor in there. I never thought about that.
Old 05-05-05, 05:06 PM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

I left all my ac lines connected and just unbolted the compressor and then scott bolted it in for me since i was too lazy.
Old 05-05-05, 05:06 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

its what i plan on doing
Old 05-05-05, 05:17 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bean
its what i plan on doing
The 1jz engines usually have less miles on them so I swapped the compressor too
Old 05-05-05, 05:48 PM
SCandilous
Pole Position

i never took my compressor out during the swap. saves me from having to empty it and refill it.
Old 05-05-05, 07:30 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hopefully I can get my AC recharged and everything tomorrow, because I need it badly. With the south florida rain storms, makes driving thje car an aggivation right now.

Oh, and the 330 ohm resistor did not work for me...either that, or my car really is running that hot. But if it was, I think it would have blown up by now? I know its innacurate, but it just makes me feel very uneasy.
Old 05-05-05, 07:36 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mteele
Hopefully I can get my AC recharged and everything tomorrow, because I need it badly. With the south florida rain storms, makes driving thje car an aggivation right now.

Oh, and the 330 ohm resistor did not work for me...either that, or my car really is running that hot. But if it was, I think it would have blown up by now? I know its innacurate, but it just makes me feel very uneasy.

You shouldnt be anywhere near overheating. Especially with the new coolant and water wetter.
Old 05-05-05, 07:40 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by got_trd
You shouldnt be anywhere near overheating. Especially with the new coolant and water wetter.
If I do, you're putting a new shortblock in for me, right?

Oh, back to the REAL topic:

Has anyone here installed the tach adapter? I'm not sure which wires I will need to splice into with it, and its getting here tomorrow.

Also, my spark plugs will get here tomorrow, so hopefully that will help my sometimes rough idling.
Old 05-05-05, 09:59 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DETUNED
I left all my ac lines connected and just unbolted the compressor and then scott bolted it in for me since i was too lazy.
yes, i did... now i can say that i had a hand in building that beast!!!
Old 05-06-05, 12:02 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2.5tsoarer
The 1jz engines usually have less miles on them so I swapped the compressor too
my car has 150k miles on it and i've never had a problem with A/C
Old 05-06-05, 06:24 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Well, my tach adapter arrived this morning along with my spark plugs, so I'll see if I can get it working this weekend.

Oh, and after driving my car for about 30 seconds this morning the needle had gone allll the way up to the H, so All the resistor did was make it go up a little slower for me.
Old 05-06-05, 11:36 AM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mteele
Well, my tach adapter arrived this morning along with my spark plugs, so I'll see if I can get it working this weekend.

Oh, and after driving my car for about 30 seconds this morning the needle had gone allll the way up to the H, so All the resistor did was make it go up a little slower for me.
I'd get that motor mount replaced to... dont forget about that
Old 05-07-05, 10:15 AM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fuel cut

Well, I took the car to XAT and had one of the techs drive my car . The said that doesnt feel like fuel cut. I bought an HKS FCD anyways to see its thats it and will install it when it gets here next week.
I cant image these cars from factory hitting fuel cut like that so it must be something else.

Quick Reply: Post your 1jz swap issues