Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jzgte kit ===>2jzge

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-05, 03:11 PM
rbini100
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2jzgte kit ===>2jzge

Does anyone know what exactly i would need to do to make a 2jzgte single turbo kit fit on my 2jzge? Ive found a basic single turbo kit for 1100 which includes a t04 TURBO, stainless MANIFOLD, 50mm WASTEGATE, FITTINGS and INTERCOOLER. It seems to me that a kit like this would be somewhat universal other than the exhaust manifold. If i bought a manifold and fuel management for my 2jzge would i have any problems with this kit? What else would i need to make this kit complete. I did a search and couldn't come up with the straight answer i wanted. Someone please help!! click link for pictures. THANKS!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33742
Old 03-27-05, 03:23 PM
CP_Ree
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to get off your topic, but just in case you didn't know, SSAutochrome makes one of the crappiest parts out there. You really get what you pay for. The turbo will fall apart as it is made up of Garret parts that have FAILED quality control (so it will fall apart on you, literally-see thread on honda-tech). The manifold made for DSMs and hondas have fallen apart. The ones made for supras have not been talked about much but maybe that's just cause Supra guys are just smart enough to not buy it in the first place. On my friend's manifold, it wasn't the welds that cracked, it was the actual pipe that started cracking. The intercooler they have seems fine, but if I were you, out of those things, the only things I'd buy is the Intercooler. Take that as you wish.
Old 03-27-05, 06:37 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...hreadid=270253
Old 03-27-05, 09:58 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in the 240sx community, the reviews are mixed... some people really bag on them... but there are lots of people that havent had any problems
as of late, the newest batches of manifolds have been great... all tig-welded, thicker runners, etc...

trouble i can see with this kit, is you'd have to take the headflange off the manifold and reweld one made for the GE bolt pattern...

also there's no downpipe in the kit...

new trick for GE-turbokit guys is to buy a SupraTT downpipe, modify one of your O2 sensors by extending it all the way under the car (check the pics of a supratt downpipe if you arent understanding me)... and then making a shorty downpipe with one O2 sensor bung in it plus a merge pipe for the wastegate...
what this does is save you the hassle of getting a downpipe/testpipe made... all you need is a shorty downpipe... which is just a single vband flange, the clamp, and then a 3-bolt exhaust flange to mate to the aftermarket downpipe... nice and simple

I have two clients out there that are using these manifolds on their SupraTTs with no problems at all; and a 3rd that is building his car up now
all 3 are running T61 Master Power turbos too
nothing wrong with lower priced parts as long as they are up to snuff... and the reviews i've seen of the newer products out of ssauto are pretty good...