Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

HELP! SC400 trouble.

Old 03-11-05, 09:55 AM
Chungstyle
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down HELP! SC400 trouble.

Hey fellas, heres my problem. Everytime that I start the SC400 I bought the car turns over fine but doesnt idle unless you hold the gas and then let go, however the car will idle if you hit the gas. After taking it to lexus to have it diagnosed they said the "Ignition Cam is in backwards". If anyone knows where they are specifically talking about with diagrams or any help that'd be AWESOME. He said it can be one of two things, the actual CAM on the engine or the CAM in the ignition cylinder. He specifically spoke about a "sensor that was in backwards" Thanks a lot guys.
Old 03-11-05, 11:49 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, they're definately not talking about the cams inside the engine. If they were backward all hell would be breaking loose!!!!
Old 03-11-05, 02:21 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Engine question = engine forum.

Moved
Old 03-21-05, 08:49 AM
vududoc
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chungstyle
Hey fellas, heres my problem. Everytime that I start the SC400 I bought the car turns over fine but doesnt idle unless you hold the gas and then let go, however the car will idle if you hit the gas. After taking it to lexus to have it diagnosed they said the "Ignition Cam is in backwards". If anyone knows where they are specifically talking about with diagrams or any help that'd be AWESOME. He said it can be one of two things, the actual CAM on the engine or the CAM in the ignition cylinder. He specifically spoke about a "sensor that was in backwards" Thanks a lot guys.
sorry sounds like the guy is FOS!!!!
HTH do you put a sensor in backwards!
frankly hes playing on your lack of knowledge....he should have told you your flux capacitor was going out.

k- check base values on the engine , timing, fuel pressure, plugs. look at simple maintenance items first if you havent changed them out (a pluged Fuel filter could be starving the motor). after that id look to the idle up controls wiring of the car and or the ISC itsself