Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

lexuspros ecu performance for limited time?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-05, 06:24 PM
twizted
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default lexuspros ecu performance for limited time?

Ok first odd please dont tell me to search i have reach everything that is available as info off the site. Second i still dont quite realize the difference between the full upgrade and the regular for 900. I also have read the gain only lasts for a few days then you must reset and recalibrate, whats up with that!? Well if i could hear from some people that have the upgrade and to see if this is true would be greatly appreciated since i am looking into buying the ecu upgrade. Thanks guys, look forward to hearing from you....
Old 02-21-05, 06:36 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by twizted
Ok first odd please dont tell me to search i have reach everything that is available as info off the site. Second i still dont quite realize the difference between the full upgrade and the regular for 900. I also have read the gain only lasts for a few days then you must reset and recalibrate, whats up with that!? Well if i could hear from some people that have the upgrade and to see if this is true would be greatly appreciated since i am looking into buying the ecu upgrade. Thanks guys, look forward to hearing from you....
search-

seriously, I do remember one member on here with it that said that he did have to reset the ECU fairly often for it to maintain the new programing- our ECU's "learn" and adapt to our driving styles. Its learning effects how it shifts, when it shifts, fuel mapping, etc. so it makes sense...
Old 02-21-05, 06:40 PM
SC400-V8
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have done the upgrade it is my only actual performance, its pretty good. It will need ot be recalibrated after conservative driving for a while, this is done by pulling the fuse and then replugging, and taking the car up to 100 mph full throttle a few times. It does feel noticably more powerful afterwards for up to a week or more, the gains do fade back, but Its always better than stock I would say. Iv'e been thinking about just selling my upgraded ecu since I never drive ultra-fast, but now that I have a job it's not overly nessesary.
I would say just leave the car alone and don't bother.
Old 02-23-05, 11:15 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400-V8
I have done the upgrade it is my only actual performance, its pretty good. It will need ot be recalibrated after conservative driving for a while, this is done by pulling the fuse and then replugging, and taking the car up to 100 mph full throttle a few times. It does feel noticably more powerful afterwards for up to a week or more, the gains do fade back, but Its always better than stock I would say. Iv'e been thinking about just selling my upgraded ecu since I never drive ultra-fast, but now that I have a job it's not overly nessesary.
I would say just leave the car alone and don't bother.
we need to see what it does with a SC400 Twin Turbo...

CEO
Old 02-24-05, 08:53 PM
twizted
Instructor

Yep, that to. No more information on this chip? what is the difference in the full and the cheaper one? Im not getting it and it seems if you have a chip that reworked the mapping should stay the same and not revert......
Old 02-24-05, 11:27 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by THE_CEO
we need to see what it does with a SC400 Twin Turbo...

CEO
This probably isn't a good idea to match up with a turbo since the ecu can't be tuned. It might lean the af a little too much.
Old 02-25-05, 07:33 AM
twizted
Instructor

Originally Posted by verylost
This probably isn't a good idea to match up with a turbo since the ecu can't be tuned. It might lean the af a little too much.

oh yeah the timing would need to be retarded instead of advanced.......