Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

RPM Still out of control!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-05, 05:06 AM
floridaken
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RPM Still out of control!!

IM BACK!! Man ,, here we go again.. SC400 1993

last thread was , my rpms every 3 seconds go from 1000rpm to 2200 rpm, I have chaned the mass air flow, with no joy, still the same thing. before this started, I changed an altenator, and air compressor, with evaperator, drove the car home from the shop and the bottom radiator hose came off(I forgot to put the clamp back on all the way) let the car cool. put hose back on, drove back to the shop .. took the thermastat housing off, replaced thermastat and o ring, stuck a hose in the part where the thermastat went and flushed out old antifreeZe , and also to check if the water pump was ok, seemed to be , on the side that goes back to the radiator, it seemed to have tiny bubbles in the water. I dont know if it was pump cavitation or other problem) replaced hoses,anti freeze with 50/50 orange color antifreeze (prestone) thermastat and o ring, tighten evry thing up . thought this would be a good time to detail the motor, rinsed off some dust and wiped tire wet (armorall) on the motor and hoses with a rag) .. it was all good. started the car to check temp, and for a min or two every thing was fine, then the rpms started going nuts, changed the mass air flow that I bought off of ebay, lexus wanted $1100.00 for it, It didnt help..checked ohm output on the one i installed and its within range.. checked all vacume lines.. still the same when you first start the car after you clear the computer, it runs fine for a min or two.. after that the rpms start intermiting again, ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS AT THIS POINT WILL BE HELPFULL. I AM HOPEING OLT OR SOMBODY WITH KNOWLEDGE WILL ANSWER THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION Man I need help guys, this can cost alot of money guessing. Thanks alot..

Ken
Old 02-11-05, 05:40 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

ISC. Idle speed control valve.