Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

List of members with 1JZ swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-05, 05:48 PM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default List of members with 1JZ swap

Just so we all know each other, it might be easier if we knew who has the swap. I was talking to kaotiq over pm and he brought up a good point about there only being a few of us. So, if we ever need some parts or wondering who's making what power on what set-up list the following:

-Auto/5spd
-mods
-power (only if you've had it dyno'd)
-impressions

I'll start

Auto 1JZ (non vvti)
-HKS Intake
-Greddy FMIC
-Apexi S-AFC
-3" Turbo-back exhaust (no cats)

Power= 312whp and 301tq

I think 300hp is not nearly enough More to come soon i'm sure.
Old 02-01-05, 08:14 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, you guys need to start a list so I have more people to bug for when I do my swap
Old 02-02-05, 06:34 AM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. 5spd R154, ACT clutch
2. HKS exhaust with 3" piping no cat (stinks like hell), intake, XS engineering GTR intercooler
3. Estimated at ~ 320 WHP, 310 ft/lb tq (not enough)
4. having a twin turbo SC is fun as hell. The only problem is that my turbos are dying. Luckily, thre is a big brother snail waiting for me at home.

my suggestion: do not get addicted to boost, it is a wallet killer.
Old 02-02-05, 07:39 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

1. 1JZ power to an A340E auto transmission
2. Mods: BFI, custom exhaust system (3"~2x2.5" piping, 4" tips)
3. Last dyno'd with only BFI done... 149.3rwkw (200hp atw)... haven't dyno'd with my exhaust yet because I wanna get twin dumps and front pipe fitted first
4. Lots of fun! Wait... uhh... mine's a factory fitment (JDM woowoo!!)
Old 02-02-05, 04:30 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1JZ/auto
Blitz SS BOV
HKS FCD (About to switch to Greddy BCC)
NGK Plugs
Soarer SMIC
U.R. Crank Pulley
S-AFC II (untuned until BCC gets installed)
HKS Turbo Timer
LSD
Bilstien Shocks (JZA80)
Eibach Springs (JZA80)
Supra TT wheels
front- 235/40/17
rear- 275/40/17
Front Strut Bar
SC400 front lip
Front Soarer Emblem
Soarer Air Bag cover
Tripple gauge pod pillar
Air/fuel gauge
Autometer phantom- boost
Autometer phantom- oil pressure
Optima Red top

I know theres more but I dont remember it right now

Dyno #'s:
254rwhp/332ft. lbs
253rwhp/298ft. lbs
Something is wrong with my top end b/c once it hits about 4k my lines start to drop and get staticky. Im still not sure whether its the fuel cut of plugs or what. If any of you 1jz guys have this issue let me know..

Impressions- I love it.... Its a torque monster.. Everyone I know likes it. I've had several runs with the car (none at the track) and I was pretty impressed myself..

Run 1- One morning on the way to school in Houston. Driving along at about 40-45 and saw an 03 Cobra. Got next to it and revved it up a little. Dropped it to second and the Cobra took off.. He pulled by like 2 cars instantly but that gap didnt get any bigger.. We shut it down at about 70..

Run 2- Going down Antoine in Houston and saw a white BPU MKIV (he posts on supra fourms).. I did a little ricer fly by to the next light. He caught up. We chatted at the light. It turned green and we're both going about 20mph. I punch it gain about 1 1/2, he punches it and about top of 3rd gear his front bumper is at my rear window. Never passed it. We slow down to the next light.

Run 3- Same BPU Supra, same night. We did another rolling start at about 15mph. This time he punches it first. He gains about a car and by the top of 3rd my front bumper is at his rear bumper. This was on a long 2 lane road at about 10 or 11pm..

Run 4- 90ish Mustang 5.0 5spd.. Mods- Headers, X-pipe, exhaust, cobra intake manifold, bbk intake, plug wires, plugs, etc... Anyway, we take off from a dead stop. He pulls about 1/2 on take off but by the end of first im 1/2 ahead. I stay about 1/2 ahead up to somewhere in 3rd gear. We do it again from a roll.. I win by a car.

Theres a few other cars I ran but dont really know the mods on them...

ps- Im changing my set-up this summer... I've been on this one for about a year and im bored..
Old 02-02-05, 04:59 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Chino,

Could be due to your S-AFC not being tuned (going by your mod list), but I reckon it's most likely the boost cut coming in (since you don't have a boost controller... my car acts the same)
Old 02-02-05, 05:00 PM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Cool stuff guys... I would have thought there would be a couple more this this

Glad to see some other guys running 1j's though
Old 02-02-05, 05:08 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Soarer_25GTT
Chino,

Could be due to your S-AFC not being tuned (going by your mod list), but I reckon it's most likely the boost cut coming in (since you don't have a boost controller... my car acts the same)
An untuned afc can affect that?? Thats weird. I didnt know that.. I think my plugs were bad with the dyno's, but I have new ones sitting at home waiting to be put on. Im kind of also let to the fact that its the boost cut b/c once it reaches about 14-15psi it gets unstable.. Lately when I have the rigged manual boost controller all the way up it spikes at like 18psi. So I put it back to stock boost and its been that way. I guess the new Greddy profec S will have to be on my new list of goodies.. But thanks for the opinion man. I appreciate it.

-ChiNo-
Old 02-02-05, 05:48 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no other 5spds??
Old 02-02-05, 05:57 PM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by got_trd
An untuned afc can affect that?? Thats weird. I didnt know that.. I think my plugs were bad with the dyno's, but I have new ones sitting at home waiting to be put on. Im kind of also let to the fact that its the boost cut b/c once it reaches about 14-15psi it gets unstable.. Lately when I have the rigged manual boost controller all the way up it spikes at like 18psi. So I put it back to stock boost and its been that way. I guess the new Greddy profec S will have to be on my new list of goodies.. But thanks for the opinion man. I appreciate it.

-ChiNo-
18psi on stock twins = death to turbos! lol becareful
Old 02-02-05, 06:29 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JZZ30TT
18psi on stock twins = death to turbos! lol becareful
Which is why I said I put it back to stock boost and kept it that way....
Old 02-02-05, 10:22 PM
ajs14
Driver

Originally Posted by kaotiq
no other 5spds??
...In due time....in due time...
Old 02-03-05, 04:17 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Originally Posted by got_trd

-ChiNo-
Sorry dude I wasn't thinking straight, as long as the S-AFC is turned off (or whatever, on stock settings etc...) it should run normal (ie. what the factory Toyota ECU is programmed with)... but I think it's got something to do with the boost cut.

Oh and how could I forget... I've got hi-flowed and steel wheelin twin CT12A's lol... once my boost controller is in... 25psi baby Your SC3 was running alright with the stock Soarer SMIC (even at 18psi)?

Cheers

Jose
Old 02-03-05, 07:50 AM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

My car ran great with SMIC and 14 psi (about one bar).
Old 02-03-05, 09:03 PM
Arizona
Lead Lap

My swap is pretty much done but i decided to do a single turbo upgrade. I have every thing besides injectors, turbo, manifold, fuel management and of course upgrading to r154. Then on to body and interior.

Quick Reply: List of members with 1JZ swap