Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

turbo kits

Old 01-17-05, 08:28 PM
inovashn
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts
Default turbo kits

i know a lot of guys piece theirs together, and some down some parts and praise others. Whats the general consensous on www.turbokits.com with their turbo kit for 4500 and says its direct bolt on. is it or Or how about the kit from www.suprastore.com for the na supras that have install pics on a sc300 for the same price. how about some feed back, for the dreamer with a credit card and an itch.
Old 01-17-05, 09:15 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get the Dave H kit, or if you have more money to spend, the Boostlogic kit is also very nice. But if money is an issue, and you arent looking for monster power levels, look at a 1JZ swap instead.
Old 01-17-05, 10:55 PM
inovashn
Intermediate

well for only 1700 isn't bad i guess, but it sure is missing a lot of goodies. fmic bov, and af man just to name a few, but i guess you get what you pay for
Old 01-18-05, 12:17 AM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by inovashn
well for only 1700 isn't bad i guess, but it sure is missing a lot of goodies. fmic bov, and af man just to name a few, but i guess you get what you pay for
im aiming for dave h kit. i heard of good things about it.
Old 01-18-05, 07:24 PM
Verge
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the two turbokits you posted are the same...

for 4 grand SHIPPED... the turbonetics kit really isn't that bad of a deal when you think about what it comes with...

it does have a front mount + thicker headgasket... so it's set up right out of the box for daily driving, and with a better fuel system, you could potentially make some pretty decent horsepower
Old 01-18-05, 07:29 PM
inovashn
Intermediate

actually they have a turbo "kit" on there for 1700
Old 02-03-05, 11:39 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mteele
Get the Dave H kit, or if you have more money to spend, the Boostlogic kit is also very nice. But if money is an issue, and you arent looking for monster power levels, look at a 1JZ swap instead.
what do you mean if you arent looking for monster power levels do the 1jz swap? they already come stock rated at 280, just up the boost a little and add exhaust and an intake and you got 320 or so. ive seen many 1jz's over the 600hp mark. the 1jz swap is the best route i think, you can find a whole soarer 1jz front clip for around 1800 and i contacted signal auto usa and they said the swap would cost around 2000 thats 4800 total or call it 5000 and youve got a twin turbo motor capable of putting out just as much power as a na-t kit with minor mods.
Old 02-04-05, 07:15 AM
chitwnsazn
Lead Lap

Would the turbonetics kit be a good kit if I'm only looking to make around 325RWHP with stock fuel management?? All I got now is afc and plan on getting a boost controller with a turbo kit? Anyone know roughly how quickly the turbo would spool?
Old 02-04-05, 08:39 AM
Goldark
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by FortuneSC
what do you mean if you arent looking for monster power levels do the 1jz swap? they already come stock rated at 280, just up the boost a little and add exhaust and an intake and you got 320 or so. ive seen many 1jz's over the 600hp mark. the 1jz swap is the best route i think, you can find a whole soarer 1jz front clip for around 1800 and i contacted signal auto usa and they said the swap would cost around 2000 thats 4800 total or call it 5000 and youve got a twin turbo motor capable of putting out just as much power as a na-t kit with minor mods.
no way will you get a 1JZ swap done for $2000 total
Old 02-04-05, 08:42 AM
Goldark
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chitwnsazn
Would the turbonetics kit be a good kit if I'm only looking to make around 325RWHP with stock fuel management?? All I got now is afc and plan on getting a boost controller with a turbo kit? Anyone know roughly how quickly the turbo would spool?

Ask Kevin about this (local guy)
It's best to buy a kit instead of piecing stuff together.

Save 4k
buy the BL kit
Be happy
Old 02-04-05, 09:22 AM
Arizona
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Goldark
no way will you get a 1JZ swap done for $2000 total
If u get a clip u will have all necessary parts needed. Might have buy litle **** like a throttle cable and maybe new mounts but other that its just as easy as an sr20 swap in a 240.
Old 02-04-05, 09:58 AM
Goldark
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JustinDD91
If u get a clip u will have all necessary parts needed. Might have buy litle **** like a throttle cable and maybe new mounts but other that its just as easy as an sr20 swap in a 240.
???

I though you need some parts of off the 2jz
oil pan / etc
Old 02-04-05, 10:12 AM
Arizona
Lead Lap

???

I though you need some parts of off the 2jz
oil pan / etc
If you buy a soarer motor you dont need to swap oil pans. Say you dont get one they are easy to come by as the 1jz swap is very common in mk3 supras and they would do trade pans. Buying a clip for 1800 bucks then maybe 2-300 replacing broken parts just cuz you never what your gonna get your set. Just toss it in. Easy swap. 2jzgte swap just as easy but but those set ups of course run a little more.
Old 02-04-05, 11:34 AM
chitwnsazn
Lead Lap

Ask Kevin about this (local guy)
It's best to buy a kit instead of piecing stuff together.

Save 4k
buy the BL kit
Be happy
Can you be more specific on who Kevin is??
Old 02-04-05, 12:42 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have heard that you need the 1jz tranny shaft for the swap.............is this true?
or is it only for manual? .............a little confused here.......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: turbo kits