Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Soarer with RB26!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-05, 10:40 AM
CP_Ree
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=bean_8044][QUOTE=reamemiya] the rb26 is one of the strongest well built motor ever made with more head flow
than the 2jz .

All of the RBs from 20 to 30 are great engines with alot of potential, BUT it is in no way shape or form stronger than a JZ engine. You just cant do the same things with the RB that you can a JZ and expect it to last as long. Its also alot cheaper to get higher power out of the RBs in Japan

Exactly my thoughts. But yea, nonetheless, it is quite different.
Old 01-01-05, 10:58 AM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=bean_8044][QUOTE=reamemiya] the rb26 is one of the strongest well built motor ever made with more head flow
than the 2jz .

All of the RBs from 20 to 30 are great engines with alot of potential, BUT it is in no way shape or form stronger than a JZ engine. You just cant do the same things with the RB that you can a JZ and expect it to last as long. Its also alot cheaper to get higher power out of the RBs in Japan
Who says?
There are just as many rb26 out there making 900+ hp on stock heads.
I think you can actually do more with an rb26 because of more air
and higher reving. Just because the rb26 has a lower displacement
doesn't mean it's weaker. But they both are powerful powerplants
and this has been debated over and over and over again still with
solid answer as to which engine is better. There really is no
loser with a 2jz or RB unless it's a 2jz-ge
JK!

And any car that's treated properly and tuned right can last just as long.
Old 01-01-05, 11:33 AM
SoarerJzz3
Lead Lap

Here's a few more pics, I think I was wrong when I said it was a chicks car cause it shows the same girl standing next to a few other cars. Oh well it's still sweet

link: www.crazy-max.com
Attached Thumbnails Soarer with RB26!!-rts040.jpg  
Old 01-01-05, 11:34 AM
SoarerJzz3
Lead Lap

Oh and the site is in Japanese.
Attached Thumbnails Soarer with RB26!!-rts036.jpg  
Old 01-01-05, 11:41 AM
TopSCecreT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

that car is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
Old 01-01-05, 01:00 PM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bean_8044
lol oh man... you don't think a rb26 is stronger than a 1jz (what that car comes with stock). You're on drugs. Get a grip, 1JZ's are weak compared to rb26. Completely inferior head design, also I would like to see you get any JZ motor rev as high as an RB can. It's not going to happen.
Old 01-01-05, 02:15 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that was posted on houston-imports.com about a month ago. It looks good!
Old 01-01-05, 02:36 PM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JZZ30TT
lol oh man... you don't think a rb26 is stronger than a 1jz (what that car comes with stock). You're on drugs. Get a grip, 1JZ's are weak compared to rb26. Completely inferior head design, also I would like to see you get any JZ motor rev as high as an RB can. It's not going to happen.

oh well ive personally seen a 2jz rev to 10k with a little more room to go..... is that high?
Old 01-01-05, 04:22 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Originally Posted by soarer479
oh well ive personally seen a 2jz rev to 10k with a little more room to go..... is that high?
those are 2jz with built internals. a daewoo could do that with head work (i've always wanted to use this smilie) But even the 1jz isn't that bad. it's actually quite similar to the rb26.
Old 01-01-05, 05:25 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

You'd be surprised to find out how strong the JZ series motors are (1JZ, 2JZ... choose your weapon)... I see a lot more RB series engines bite the dust (I think I've only heard of one or two 1JZ motors going).
Old 01-01-05, 07:20 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Soarer_25GTT
You'd be surprised to find out how strong the JZ series motors are (1JZ, 2JZ... choose your weapon)... I see a lot more RB series engines bite the dust (I think I've only heard of one or two 1JZ motors going).
Somewhat true, but the RB has been around for so long and been constantly re-engineered
by nissan after those "RB series that bite the dust" into the monster it is today. The motor is almost IMPERMEABLE kind of like the 2jzgte.
Old 01-02-05, 04:13 AM
bean_8044
Rookie

Originally Posted by JZZ30TT
Im not basing my statements on what i see in magazines or on TV. I live in Japan and i see the power levels that people can safely make on the RB and its not as high as a JZ. Honestly, i would take a RB30 over a 26 any day of the week. They are all great engines, but once you get up to around 4-500 you need to start worrying about wether youre going to throw a rod through the case.

Im not exactly sure what you mean by constantly being re-engineered since almost everything on the engines can be interchanged between the others. The RB26 has stayed the same almost since the first production in the late 80s. The Nissan oddballs are the N1 RB26 and the NEO6 RB25 however. Those are definitly up there in reliability/performance

Last edited by bean_8044; 01-02-05 at 04:16 AM.
Old 01-02-05, 09:13 AM
LeXuSrAcIn
Lexus Test Driver

Another pic
Attached Thumbnails Soarer with RB26!!-rts0454dn.jpg  
Old 01-02-05, 09:53 AM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LeXuSrAcIn
Another pic
CUTE !

as for the RB series i mean it's been along so long that thing was made bullet proof. considering that it's a cast iron block just like the 2jz. I dont' know much about the rb30
but i'm guessing it's similar to the 26, but i'm guessing it's not that great of an engine
because i never seen it and only heard about it other than a stroked motor. and as for after 4500 rpm + on pre getrag (r32 and r33) trannys you weren't worried about a rod going you were
worried about 3rd gear blowing or the driveshaft snapping. Bigger displacement doesn't
mean nessesarily mean more powerful.
Old 01-02-05, 12:05 PM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bean_8044
Im not basing my statements on what i see in magazines or on TV. I live in Japan and i see the power levels that people can safely make on the RB and its not as high as a JZ. Honestly, i would take a RB30 over a 26 any day of the week. They are all great engines, but once you get up to around 4-500 you need to start worrying about wether youre going to throw a rod through the case.

Im not exactly sure what you mean by constantly being re-engineered since almost everything on the engines can be interchanged between the others. The RB26 has stayed the same almost since the first production in the late 80s. The Nissan oddballs are the N1 RB26 and the NEO6 RB25 however. Those are definitly up there in reliability/performance

Well seeing as I have a 1J in my car, and having driven a rb26, I think I would prefer the 26 in my car over the 1J.

Quick Reply: Soarer with RB26!!