Two questions please

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-19, 12:42 PM
Rpickoff
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Two questions please

What are these buttons? Not described in the owner's manual

Also, the owners manual describes not using the compact spare over 50 mph but it doesn't say how far you can go. My last car (BMW) suggested 50 mph but for only 50 miles. Does anyone know what these donuts are rated for distance? Thank you in advance.
Old 07-11-19, 01:19 PM
gilrebel
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Homelink....Shows if my Garage Door in Opening or Closing based on Triangle direction.
Old 07-11-19, 01:54 PM
Rpickoff
Driver

Originally Posted by gilrebel
Homelink....Shows if my Garage Door in Opening or Closing based on Triangle direction.
Doesn’t show anything on mine. Wonder why? Does it light up?
Old 07-11-19, 02:58 PM
Rpickoff
Driver

Originally Posted by Rpickoff

I believe I am finding out that Overhead Door openers are incompatible with two-way communication. Thanks!
Old 07-11-19, 06:39 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

it depends on the age of your opener. I have a slightly older Chamberlain and it doesn't light up. But I also programmed one of the others for another newer Chamberlain and it does show the up/down lights.
Old 07-11-19, 06:41 PM
no1SomeGuy
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by gilrebel
This. Works on my Liftmaster opener.
Old 07-11-19, 07:58 PM
16fsport2
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I believe I am finding out that Overhead Door openers are incompatible with two-way communication. Thanks!
How do you know your garage opener is not compatible with your Lexus NX HomeLink?
Mine is a Chamberlain 1/2HP installed since 2000, close to 20 yrs old now, still was able to program to work with the HomeLink.
Old 07-12-19, 03:17 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 749 Likes on 466 Posts

This works on my liftmaster garage door opener but ONLY to the one that is programmed to the first button. The other two buttons do not show any arrow movement at all. Other buttons will open the garage door but only the first one shows the up arrow when it's going up, and down arrow when it's going down.

-Nigel
Old 07-12-19, 05:47 AM
16fsport2
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by typocl
it depends on the age of your opener. I have a slightly older Chamberlain and it doesn't light up. But I also programmed one of the others for another newer Chamberlain and it does show the up/down lights.
My old (close to 20 yrs) Chamberlain was able to work with HomeLink; the small red LED blinks WITHOUT the arrow/triangle turned On, yet the garage door moves up and down as commanded.

It was a 3-step process to program, which I found the Owner's Manual lacking. First the HomeLink must be set in Learn mode, then the Chamberlain Learn (Red) button needs to be push to activate the garage door opener's Learn mode, then the HomeLink needs to transmit the required signal to finish off. It was a trial-and-error method I tried, it worked, and I copied down to the Quick Manual for future reference, right now don't remember all details off the top of my head
Old 07-12-19, 07:47 AM
jaybarbara
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rpickoff,
I like your dollhouse!!! How come you didn't finish it?
I made three of them, all different, one for each grown daughter. I thought they should have them (whether or not they wanted them--lol)!!
It's been over 10 years ago, and they all have them displayed somewhere in their homes---i guess they figured if they junked them, I'd cut them out of the wil!! lol
Old 07-12-19, 11:35 AM
Rpickoff
Driver

Originally Posted by jaybarbara
Rpickoff,
I like your dollhouse!!! How come you didn't finish it?
I made three of them, all different, one for each grown daughter. I thought they should have them (whether or not they wanted them--lol)!!
It's been over 10 years ago, and they all have them displayed somewhere in their homes---i guess they figured if they junked them, I'd cut them out of the wil!! lol
That is actually a birdhouse that was on the property of the Rogers Rock Hotel on Lake George in NY. Now private homes where I live. I aim to restore it back to it’s former glory.
Old 07-12-19, 07:04 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by 16fsport2
How do you know your garage opener is not compatible with your Lexus NX HomeLink?
Mine is a Chamberlain 1/2HP installed since 2000, close to 20 yrs old now, still was able to program to work with the HomeLink.
Rpickoff indicated his Overhead Door branded opener wasn’t compatible with “two way communication,” not that it wouldn’t work with Homelink at all. My 2019 works with my 20-year old Overhead Door unit just fine, but it doesn’t support two way communication so I don’t get any feedback in the car. I don’t mean to be obtuse, but am I missing something in this conversation? It sounds like this response was suggesting Rpickoff couldn’t get the Homelink to work at all, but my understanding was simply that he couldn’t get the two way part of it working?
Old 07-13-19, 02:46 AM
Rpickoff
Driver

Originally Posted by TechNut
Rpickoff indicated his Overhead Door branded opener wasn’t compatible with “two way communication,” not that it wouldn’t work with Homelink at all. My 2019 works with my 20-year old Overhead Door unit just fine, but it doesn’t support two way communication so I don’t get any feedback in the car. I don’t mean to be obtuse, but am I missing something in this conversation? It sounds like this response was suggesting Rpickoff couldn’t get the Homelink to work at all, but my understanding was simply that he couldn’t get the two way part of it working?
The Homelink works the Overhead Doors fine. It just doesnmt support the two-way communication necessary to get the arrow indicators to work. A list of garage door brands that support two way communication are found in the Homelink website. No Overhead Door. Oh well. Not sure why you need an arrow to tell you the garage door is closing if you are staring at it!
Old 07-17-19, 06:50 AM
gompka
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

The Homelink works the Overhead Doors fine. It just doesnmt support the two-way communication necessary to get the arrow indicators to work. A list of garage door brands that support two way communication are found in the Homelink website. No Overhead Door. Oh well. Not sure why you need an arrow to tell you the garage door is closing if you are staring at it!
Its kind of nice when you pull away and get a few houses down and wonder if you hit the button, the arrow blinks red and then turns green for a second once the garage door is all the way opened or closed. Its definitely not a necessary feature, but it doesn't hurt.