Old 05-28-19, 04:19 AM
ViMat
Driver

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by heffnerlex
Sure, here is a link to the 2020 NX300h Canada VOAS ordering guide for you:

2020 NX300h Ordering Guide
Heffnerlex,

Thank you very much - this was very helpful info.
The following users liked this post:
heffnerlex (05-28-19)
Old 05-29-19, 10:28 AM
lee2014
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will guess the new version will be released sometime on 2022 or 2023 since Lexus is making another NX production line in Canada. It won't make any sense if they make a production line for old model for 1 year and re-do the works again for new model.
Old 05-29-19, 11:01 AM
ViMat
Driver

Originally Posted by lee2014
I will guess the new version will be released sometime on 2022 or 2023 since Lexus is making another NX production line in Canada. It won't make any sense if they make a production line for old model for 1 year and re-do the works again for new model.
Lexus introduced 2020 NX model very early - May 2019, so for me, this is a sign that they will bring a newly redesigned model in the first half of 2020. I think this makes sense, as Lexus has to introduce a new design to compete with the very successful Acura RDX model that is more modern, bigger and cheaper.
Lexus sold 18,016 NX cars YTD (includes Apr 2019), that is 4.3% LESS compared to the same period in 2018.
Acura sold 19,989 RDX cars YTD (includes Apr 2019) that is 29.8% (!!!!!) MORE compared to the same period in 2018.
I am the biggest Toyota/Lexus fan, but I just cannot make myself ignore the extra value that I would get from Acura RDX if I buy that instead of NX. I know that Lexus is much more reliable, but I can get extended warranty on RDX and still get a bigger car, more features and pay less than NX.
I know multiple people who considered buying NX, but end up getting RDX, so I can see that is very important for Lexus to redesign NX ASAP.

Lexus can start building redesigned 2021 NX in Japan and in 2022 (or 2023) add Canadian factory to address demand. If the next NX will be slightly bigger, will have Android Auto and hybrid version will be just a few thousand dollars more, Lexus NX will have again chance to sell more cars comparing to Acura RDX.
Old 05-29-19, 11:13 AM
ross7777
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I test drove the new RDX but still bought an NX. I don’t recall the RDX having more features than the NX. Pano sunroof but other than that they have similar options. The one “feature” the RDX has that I hated is fake engine noise you can’t turn off.

But it is way better than the previous gen so I’m not surprised sales have increased.

Yes it is cheaper but it’s an Acura. Good luck with the transmission. I want to spend less time in the shop.

I am biased as my Acura TL was one of the least reliable cars I’ve owned.
corinvest (05-29-19)
Old 05-29-19, 02:35 PM
lee2014
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by ViMat
Lexus introduced 2020 NX model very early - May 2019, so for me, this is a sign that they will bring a newly redesigned model in the first half of 2020. I think this makes sense, as Lexus has to introduce a new design to compete with the very successful Acura RDX model that is more modern, bigger and cheaper.
Lexus sold 18,016 NX cars YTD (includes Apr 2019), that is 4.3% LESS compared to the same period in 2018.
Acura sold 19,989 RDX cars YTD (includes Apr 2019) that is 29.8% (!!!!!) MORE compared to the same period in 2018.
I am the biggest Toyota/Lexus fan, but I just cannot make myself ignore the extra value that I would get from Acura RDX if I buy that instead of NX. I know that Lexus is much more reliable, but I can get extended warranty on RDX and still get a bigger car, more features and pay less than NX.
I know multiple people who considered buying NX, but end up getting RDX, so I can see that is very important for Lexus to redesign NX ASAP.

Lexus can start building redesigned 2021 NX in Japan and in 2022 (or 2023) add Canadian factory to address demand. If the next NX will be slightly bigger, will have Android Auto and hybrid version will be just a few thousand dollars more, Lexus NX will have again chance to sell more cars comparing to Acura RDX.
I know you want the new redesign NX, but at lest we know it won't happen in 2020.
Old 05-31-19, 07:43 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 752 Likes on 468 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by ross7777

The US NX has all the safety features standard. They really should have added a pano sunroof. The Japanese model has it.

Seriously, why has Lexus/Toyota not put the pano roof in the US version??? I'm so baffled by this. Almost every vehicle now has that and the fact that other markets have it for the same car is so frustrating. I'd love to have our NX with the pano roof... I don't even care if it opens or not, just having an entire pane of glass is so much nicer to me than a tiny sunroof.

-Nigel
Old 05-31-19, 02:44 PM
jer
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts

Lexus RX is on a 6 year cycle, would expect the NX to follow this. The 2020 NX will be the 6th year so I expect to see a 2021 early next year as a fully redesigned model on the new platform, hopefully with a more powerful engine and 8 speed auto.
Old 06-01-19, 09:58 PM
dentate
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2020 Lexus NX for Canada (non hybrid, non F-sport)

I was excited to see the colour palette offered on the USA Lexus website. Lexus Canada is only offering Canadians 4 exterior colours: white, silver, grey and caviar and count it - 1 interior colour choice: black on the non-hybrid, non-F-sport NX. American customers have a couple additional colour choices for the exterior and a couple more for the interior. In additon, for the first time Americans are also offered Navigation/Mark Levinson Audio package. No such luck here....the mediocre quality 10 speaker package is the best that we can get even on the almost $13,000 luxury package...I am in the market for a new Lexus and have been seriously looking at the NX and while i don't mind white as an exterior colour, I refuse to buy black for an interior colour - especially since i spend winters south of the border and black is just too damn hot and dark. I have always equipped my RX's with Mark Levinson and was delighted to see it was offered in the USA in the 2020 NX - again not offered here ....Lexus Canada is NOT listening - i don't need sport paddles to shift gears - they would never be used nor do i need or want electrically powered folding rear seats - the levers work just fine. I do appreciate the high quality Levinson sound system that I have had up until now and I am not willing to compromise. I would go back to an RX but i find the front seats which we must buy with thigh extenders if we want the top of the line package are devoid of any lower back support and are just not contoured in a way that works for me (regular seats are fine though) For me some of the items the makes a Lexus stand out from other brands is quietness, ride quality, beautiful interior colour choices with supportive and comfortable seats, reliability and the fine Levison sound system. Sorry, Lexus, I will be shopping elsewhere this time - you have lost me as a customer. Pity too as I really like my Toronto dealer and my service advisor.

dentate
Oshawa, ON and
Port Charlotte, FL
Old 06-02-19, 12:58 PM
Bdwg22
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ross7777
I test drove the new RDX but still bought an NX. I don’t recall the RDX having more features than the NX. Pano sunroof but other than that they have similar options. The one “feature” the RDX has that I hated is fake engine noise you can’t turn off.

But it is way better than the previous gen so I’m not surprised sales have increased.

Yes it is cheaper but it’s an Acura. Good luck with the transmission. I want to spend less time in the shop.

I am biased as my Acura TL was one of the least reliable cars I’ve owned.
I traded my NX for the 2019 RDX Aspec last October. It's been a complete nightmare of problems, glitches, and build quality issues. The infotainment system is absolutely terrible. The 10 speed transmission can't find the right gears and is laggy and bogs down trying to accelerate. Mine's been to the dealer almost 10 times in 8 months and Acura corporate was no help. They offered a free accessory for my troubles.
ViMat (06-03-19)
Old 06-02-19, 02:43 PM
Newnx
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bdwg22
I traded my NX for the 2019 RDX Aspec last October. It's been a complete nightmare of problems, glitches, and build quality issues. The infotainment system is absolutely terrible. The 10 speed transmission can't find the right gears and is laggy and bogs down trying to accelerate. Mine's been to the dealer almost 10 times in 8 months and Acura corporate was no help. They offered a free accessory for my troubles.
This was exact same things I was encountered when I bought the first year new design 2009 TSX. There were tons of issues. Engine knocking, interior noise, blown speakers, sqeakey brake pad, worn rotors, oil consumption issue and so on.... Mine's been to the dealer more than 10 times. For the engine knocking issue, it took them 3 years to come out the ECU update. I think I will never buy another Acura.
Old 09-27-19, 08:06 AM
ccpyue
Driver School Candidate

I just picked up my 2020 NX300 Premium package, it comes with Blind Spot Monitor, folding side mirrors.
Old 09-28-19, 03:40 AM
tel
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For once I am pleased the 2019 Euro F- Sport has all the Safety features Panoramic Roof,HUD, AVS,ML etc but is all contained in a 4.5 K Tafumi Pack Option.
The AVS is sublime even in S-Sport +
Tel
Old 01-21-20, 05:56 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,544 Likes on 1,734 Posts

Hi everyone....I am not saying that is completely accurate/factual but I was inquiring lately with my dealer about the NX. I am hoping to acquire one of them as secondary vehicle and honestly, I really like the design/look of the F sport version....I asked if the 2020 MY would be the last production run and was told that they are expecting the 2021 MY to be the same, start a bit earlier than usual (maybe August) with the 2022 MY being the FMC and being released in the spring of 2021. I know that Lexus/Toyota doesn't share much of their information so while I have the utmost respect and trust in my dealership, things may not be totally accurate. Anyone heard anything else? The fact we haven't seen a camouflaged NX being tested may be a sign that this could be the case....

Last edited by wthrman2; 01-21-20 at 06:17 AM.
Old 01-21-20, 06:18 AM
ViMat
Driver

Originally Posted by wthrman2
Hi everyone....I am not saying that is completely accurate/factual but I was inquiring lately with my dealer about the NX. I am hoping to acquire one of them as secondary vehicle and honestly, I really like the design/look of the F sport version....I asked if the 2020 MY would be the last production run and was told that they are expecting the 2021 MY to be the same, start a bit earlier with the 2022 MY being the FMC and being released in the spring of 2021. I know that Lexus/Toyota doesn't share much of their information so while I have the utmost respect and trust in my dealership, things may not be totally accurate. Anyone heard anything else? The fact we haven't seen a camouflaged NX being tested may be a sign that this could be the case....
Based on all the articles I read, my expectations are that 2021 Lexus NX will be fuly redesigned.
Here is an example of information leaked about 2021 Lexus NX (around 9:30min mark):

Quick Reply: 2020 Lexus NX 300/300h available now