ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-1st-gen-2015-2021-264/)
-   -   Missing smart features (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-1st-gen-2015-2021/917517-missing-smart-features.html)

Kiddson 04-30-19 08:29 AM

Missing smart features

Hi everybody!

Name's Jey, and I just joined the big happy Lexus family. Now living in Dubai UAE, I sold my first car here (Jaguar XF) a couple of weeks ago and got both my first SUV (if I except a rental Chevrolet Captiva way back) and my first Lexus. This is a MY2018 NX 300 F-Sport Platinum, in theory with full options. It was the most convincing contender and one of the points that sold it to me was how smart this car was. Alas, my beautiful new baby seems to be dumber than I thought... Several key features described in the manual seem to be missing:
– No Voice Command: all it recognizes is voice tags
– No Voice Assistant: if I long-press on the phone button as described in the manual, it simply dials back the last number
– No live radio pausing/recording
– No live traffic info
– No Enform app suite (clicking Apps in the menu just conjures an empty screen
So in the end you can hook up the car to a Wi-Fi hotspot but there's absolutely no feature left that could make use of it... As much as I can understand making live traffic and Enform unavailable in a specific country, I just don't get the point in removing the voice command and access to the assistants on the phone.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Is there any hope of adding these back after-market, maybe with something like Carista?

ross7777 04-30-19 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Kiddson (Post 10506013)
Hi everybody!

Name's Jey, and I just joined the big happy Lexus family. Now living in Dubai UAE, I sold my first car here (Jaguar XF) a couple of weeks ago and got both my first SUV (if I except a rental Chevrolet Captiva way back) and my first Lexus. This is a MY2018 NX 300 F-Sport Platinum, in theory with full options. It was the most convincing contender and one of the points that sold it to me was how smart this car was. Alas, my beautiful new baby seems to be dumber than I thought... Several key features described in the manual seem to be missing:
– No Voice Command: all it recognizes is voice tags
– No Voice Assistant: if I long-press on the phone button as described in the manual, it simply dials back the last number
– No live radio pausing/recording
– No live traffic info
– No Enform app suite (clicking Apps in the menu just conjures an empty screen
So in the end you can hook up the car to a Wi-Fi hotspot but there's absolutely no feature left that could make use of it... As much as I can understand making live traffic and Enform unavailable in a specific country, I just don't get the point in removing the voice command and access to the assistants on the phone.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Is there any hope of adding these back after-market, maybe with something like Carista?

I have most of those features in my 2019 F-Sport with Nav in the US. It must be due to the specific country you’re in.

The phone off hook button should call up your phone’s voice assistant like Siri.

MKenM 04-30-19 06:54 PM

The on / off hook buttons do not operate the cars native "voice command" system. It is the talk switch below the on / off hook buttons. Does that work?

ross7777 04-30-19 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by MKenM (Post 10506540)
The on / off hook buttons do not operate the cars native "voice command" system. It is the talk switch below the on / off hook buttons. Does that work?

Off hook operates the phone assistant. Talk button below it operates the vehicle voice commands.

Kiddson 04-30-19 11:36 PM

Thanks both, and no that doesn't work. The talk button only recognizes voice tags (if none is set, it just doesn't work at all and tells you no voice tags are set), and the off-hook button brings up the last dialed menu on the instrument cluster display, while long-pressing it automatically dials the last called. It's just so frustrating that someone somewhere in an office could decide to remove such a harmless yet so useful feature (potentially life-saving if it saves you having to fiddle with your phone while driving).

Yesterday evening I tried to set up the Wi-Fi, now that works but it's just strange that it would because it does not enable any of the online features, so basically it serves no purpose whatsoever.

I also realized that the lane functionality is not Lane Keep Assist as I believed after reading/watching online reviews, but just Lane Departure Alert, i.e. it doesn't keep you in your lane, only steers back into the lane if you're about to cross the line. Now don't get me wrong, I love this car, but I'm just disappointed that I'm not getting as good a product as I know it would be in another country. Less bang for my buck. Just frustrating. I hope this is only a matter of software and can be addressed with an aftermarket fix. I'll try to contact Carista and see what they say.

paulleeRN 05-02-19 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by ross7777 (Post 10506052)
I have most of those features in my 2019 F-Sport with Nav in the US. It must be due to the specific country you’re in.

The phone off hook button should call up your phone’s voice assistant like Siri.

hi ross, same here. but can I ask something? do you have the premium package on yours? if yes, do you have the auto tilting side mirror when in reverse mode? thanks.

ross7777 05-02-19 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by paulleeRN (Post 10508001)
hi ross, same here. but can I ask something? do you have the premium package on yours? if yes, do you have the auto tilting side mirror when in reverse mode? thanks.

Yes and yes.

paulleeRN 05-02-19 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by ross7777 (Post 10508003)
Yes and yes.

i see. i discovered that i have this one. i thought i dont. :)

JDR76 05-02-19 01:27 PM

Pardon me as I'm not as familiar with NX option packages. But be sure that either your left or right (doesn't matter which) mirror adjustment is selected. That's how you turn the dipping feature on/off in Lexus vehicles.

paulleeRN 05-02-19 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by JDR76 (Post 10508156)
Pardon me as I'm not as familiar with NX option packages. But be sure that either your left or right (doesn't matter which) mirror adjustment is selected. That's how you turn the dipping feature on/off in Lexus vehicles.

tried and it worked!!! thanks!!!

JDR76 05-02-19 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by paulleeRN (Post 10508159)
tried and it worked!!! thanks!!!

Yay! Excellent!