Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > NX Models (2015-present)
Aftermarket 10.25" Android navigation for Lexus NX >

Aftermarket 10.25" Android navigation for Lexus NX

Notices
NX Models (2015-present)

Aftermarket 10.25" Android navigation for Lexus NX

Old 04-24-19, 01:14 AM
mylexusnx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket 10.25" Android navigation for Lexus NX

Hi guys, anyone has installed a 10.25" wide screen Android navigation for Lexus NX? I found this:

https://www.dvdgpsnav.com/blog/10-25...pport-carplay/

it looks good, i'm interested in it and would like to have a try.
Old 04-25-19, 12:03 PM
NxTGen
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mylexusnx View Post
Hi guys, anyone has installed a 10.25" wide screen Android navigation for Lexus NX? I found this:

https://www.dvdgpsnav.com/blog/10-25...pport-carplay/

it looks good, i'm interested in it and would like to have a try.
I would be very interested to see how this interacts and whether it enhances what comes from the factory. There are several short videos on youtube, if you search for "Lexus nx 10.25" head unit".
I would like to know the cost, if android updates to the most current OS and boot up times. I have heard in other vehicles that install the "Chinese" android head units if there are any glitches/boot up delay issues as well as bluetooth functionality (ie sound quality and phone calls). If you do purchase this could you do a review video after giving it a good trial? I would love to see this in my Nx
Check out this video with it installed -
Looks to be a perfect fit and drops right in, however I checked out 4x4shop Canada and it looks to be a hefty price tag for these units. almost $1000.00 US.

Last edited by NxTGen; 04-25-19 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-26-19, 07:41 PM
Omy
Driver School Candidate

Default Android screen

I buy one today in Hong Kong. I will tell you how it goes. Soon
The following users liked this post:
NxTGen (04-27-19)
Old 04-27-19, 08:47 AM
Lex2000TL
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Omy View Post
I buy one today in Hong Kong. I will tell you how it goes. Soon
I am very interested to know your results. I hate Lexus NAV and would love to have Waze on the screen.
Old 04-27-19, 11:19 AM
NxTGen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lex2000TL View Post
I am very interested to know your results. I hate Lexus NAV and would love to have Waze on the screen.
Did a lot more research on these head units. They have pros and cons, I guess it all depends on what your expectations are in installing this. Whether it be the larger screen, different NAV apps or apple car play. Here's a very lengthy thread I found in the IS forums. (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...x4shop-ca.html)

From what I've read and seen some people Love these units and had no issues, others are neutral and have had some bugs to work out. You're able to still utilize the stock functions of the Lexus OS but able to switch over and use the android applications. There are several websites where this unit can be purchased but as far as I can tell for support and helpfulness has been buying it thru 4x4shop.ca, However there is no conversion for Temp/Speed (Celsius to Farenheight/ kph to mph) on this unit as of yet.
I believe you will need to have certain cables either purchased or provided for apple car play and to make sure the factory rear camera comes on when in reverse.

Aliexpress has this unit for a considerably less price (https://m.aliexpress.com/wholesale/n...roid-head-unit) but what support is offered??

I'd really like to see a few people install this in their NX's before diving in on this, and I'm sure people from the IS threads would be more than happy to help out for any ideas.

Last edited by NxTGen; 04-27-19 at 11:22 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Lex2000TL (04-27-19)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aftermarket 10.25" Android navigation for Lexus NX

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: