NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

2017 NX200t recognizing two sets of TPMS sensors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-19, 09:50 AM
ACP84
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2017 NX200t recognizing two sets of TPMS sensors?

Does anyone know if my 2017 nx can recognize two sets of oem tpms sensors without reprogramming? I have the opportunity to pick up a set of winters with oem nx rims + tpms sensors but I dont want to visit the dealer everytime I swap them myself for reprogramming.

I know with my Infiniti I just had my winter set installed with aftermarket tpms sensors that were cloned with the same i.d. as the original oem tires and it worked perfectly but not sure if Lexus vehicles work the same way

Also does anyone know if I dont reprogram them will there be the yellow tpms light always on on the dashboard?

Any info would be great!
Old 04-23-19, 11:01 AM
ukrkoz
Racer

Received 224 Likes on 201 Posts

Discount Tire installed new TPMS on 2 of our cars, one being Lexus, and programmed them right there. Maybe call them and find out?
What I am pointing out is I didn't have to go to dealer for programming.
The following users liked this post:
Discount Tire (04-23-19)
Old 04-23-19, 07:38 PM
no1SomeGuy
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 69 Posts

Nope, one set, ECU programming only. If you replace all the TPMS sensors with programmable ones and set the same id's, it would work but I just bought myself an Autel TS501 (or the TS508 or TS6xx version, not the TS4xx version) and do the programming myself. Takes around 2 minutes.
Old 04-23-19, 07:44 PM
ACP84
Driver

Originally Posted by no1SomeGuy
Nope, one set, ECU programming only. If you replace all the TPMS sensors with programmable ones and set the same id's, it would work but I just bought myself an Autel TS501 (or the TS508 or TS6xx version, not the TS4xx version) and do the programming myself. Takes around 2 minutes.
ok perfect thanks for the info!
Old 11-05-19, 10:50 AM
ACP84
Driver

Originally Posted by no1SomeGuy
Do you know if there is a relearn period for the NX? I just bought Schrader programmable sensors that the tire shop cloned with my oringal oem ID's from the stock wheels but now upon installing the Winter Cloned Setup on my car I just have three dashes on the dashboard but no tpms light...Do I have to wait a certain amount of time for it to relearn? If its the same ID's why would it need to relearn anything? strange

The Tire shop guy said wait a week and drive it and it will work.......
Old 11-05-19, 05:39 PM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 252 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by ACP84
Do you know if there is a relearn period for the NX? I just bought Schrader programmable sensors that the tire shop cloned with my oringal oem ID's from the stock wheels but now upon installing the Winter Cloned Setup on my car I just have three dashes on the dashboard but no tpms light...Do I have to wait a certain amount of time for it to relearn? If its the same ID's why would it need to relearn anything? strange

The Tire shop guy said wait a week and drive it and it will work.......
Did you do the TPMS reset per your owners manual?

"wait a week"? That's hilarious. After the reset is performed it should start functioning properly after driving a few blocks.
Old 11-06-19, 06:03 AM
ACP84
Driver

Originally Posted by Kansas

"wait a week"? That's hilarious. After the reset is performed it should start functioning properly after driving a few blocks.
Yes I did that reset already on the dashboard but it just reset everything back to three dashes .....after about 10km the psi was showing 32psi all around and it didnt fluctuate, its like it was just stuck but the tire pressure was actually 33-34psi from my digital tire gauge.

I also dont have any TPMS light on currently so maybe its still adjusting?

This is my wifes vehicle and its hardly driven since the weekend ....it probably only has like 20 miles since we did this swap so im thinking it may need more miles to relearn?
Old 11-06-19, 07:32 AM
16fsport2
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Need 25 miles to turn on TPMS warning indicator

Yes I did that reset already on the dashboard but it just reset everything back to three dashes .....after about 10km the psi was showing 32psi all around and it didnt fluctuate, its like it was just stuck but the tire pressure was actually 33-34psi from my digital tire gauge.

I also dont have any TPMS light on currently so maybe its still adjusting?

This is my wifes vehicle and its hardly driven since the weekend ....it probably only has like 20 miles since we did this swap so im thinking it may need more miles to relearn?
I did not have TPMS sensors installed on my winter wheels (could do next ... winter ) and observed the "magic" 25 miles (39 km) mileage required before the warning indicator turned ON. As an evidence, for my short commute to work of less than 20km, I never see this indicator turned ON, as when cycling to the display to show tire pressure readings, it shows the expected 3 dashes still without such warning. You may want to drive a little further to verify your tire pressure reading, for at least 40 km?

No TPMS warning indicator unless after driving more than 25 miles
Old 11-06-19, 07:38 AM
ACP84
Driver

Ok thats good to know.....I did see PSI readings, just not an accurate psi and it wasnt fluctatuating after driving for 10 min, it was just stuck on 32 PSI all around so im assuming something is possibly working. (I HOPE)

Originally Posted by 16fsport2
I did not have TPMS sensors installed on my winter wheels (could do next ... winter ) and observed the "magic" 25 miles (39 km) mileage required before the warning indicator turned ON. As an evidence, for my short commute to work of less than 20km, I never see this indicator turned ON, as when cycling to the display to show tire pressure readings, it shows the expected 3 dashes still without such warning. You may want to drive a little further to verify your tire pressure reading, for at least 40 km?

No TPMS warning indicator unless after driving more than 25 miles
Old 11-07-19, 10:23 AM
ACP84
Driver

Just an update to this....My TPMS sensors are now working after driving for 1km but the values are showing a -2 PSI difference...Dashboard is showing 30psi but both my digital tire gauges are showing 32psi...Do you know if the TPMS Reset in the settings menu would fix that? or is that for something completely different?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Kansas

Old 11-10-20, 09:53 AM
astigen
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if my 2017 nx can recognize two sets of oem tpms sensors without reprogramming? I have the opportunity to pick up a set of winters with oem nx rims + tpms sensors but I dont want to visit the dealer everytime I swap them myself for reprogramming.

I know with my Infiniti I just had my winter set installed with aftermarket tpms sensors that were cloned with the same i.d. as the original oem tires and it worked perfectly but not sure if Lexus vehicles work the same way

Also does anyone know if I dont reprogram them will there be the yellow tpms light always on on the dashboard?

Any info would be great!

my 2015 has two sets of tpms programmed. When i switch tires i need to go to settings, tpms and the press the center button 3 times (once every second) and then the tpms yellow warning light will Flash slowly first, then faster and the disappear and the tpms has switched to second set.