ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-1st-gen-2015-2021-264/)
-   -   turn off/disable PCS (Pre-Collision System) in NX200t (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-1st-gen-2015-2021/916527-turn-off-disable-pcs-pre-collision-system-in-nx200t.html)

RC350s 04-17-19 10:17 AM

turn off/disable PCS (Pre-Collision System) in NX200t

Can anyone can tell me where the switch is located (or setting) to turn off the PCS, it would be greatly appreciated. There is no switch that I can see under the drivers footwell like in my RC...

Danny200t 04-17-19 11:20 AM

I think the only way to turn it off is to also turn off traction control

WhatYaGot 04-17-19 01:33 PM

On my RC the switch is under the bottom steering wheel cover. I would imagine yours would be in that area. Stick your head under the foot well area and look for a button

ross7777 04-17-19 01:48 PM

On my 2019 it’s in the menu on the screen by the speedometer. You use the steering wheel controls to find it.

mcomer 04-17-19 01:59 PM

ross7777 is correct, be aware that as with Traction Control and Sport Drive Mode,
Pre Collision System defaults On with each ignition start. You will need to switch
it off every drive cycle before you go out drafting in traffic.

RC350s 04-18-19 07:17 AM

Thanks for the info guys. Mine is a 2016 so there is no menu option in the center display. I only have the selection button on the left of the driver side. I found the answer after some thorough digging:

To turn off the pre-collision system (PCS):
1) Press and hold the PCS switch for 3 seconds
2) The PCS warning light turns on and a message is shown on the center multi-information display.

To turn back on the system, press the PCS switch once again.
The system is set to ON each time the engine switch is turned to IGNITION ON mode.

no1SomeGuy 04-18-19 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by RC350s (Post 10496149)
Thanks for the info guys. Mine is a 2016 so there is no menu option in the center display. I only have the selection button on the left of the driver side. I found the answer after some thorough digging:

To turn off the pre-collision system (PCS):
1) Press and hold the PCS switch for 3 seconds
2) The PCS warning light turns on and a message is shown on the center multi-information display.

To turn back on the system, press the PCS switch once again.
The system is set to ON each time the engine switch is turned to IGNITION ON mode.

This is accurate.

gulshan 04-18-19 09:04 AM

Why would someone turn this off ? Whats the problem ?

mcomer 04-19-19 06:41 AM

Works well when a car abruptly slows without signaling to turn right, first it flashes "BRAKE" in red and white
in the center of the instrument cluster and apparently would then apply the brakes although I hit them first.

Works less well when merging onto a freeway and encountering a minimum speed vehicle. Your choices
would be to speed up and pass on the right which would take you onto the shoulder...wrong on a couple levels,
or pass directly behind the vehicle to the left lane to then speed up and go around...as we have all done before.

The Pre Collision System will detect the slow vehicle ahead and decide that it is trouble and flare up the "BRAKE"
warning which would be fine but it also cuts the throttle forcing you to drop back...a lot...without being able to regain
speed.

Note: in the same menu that includes the PCS (temporary) Off command is also a three (3) level sensitivity setting.
Similar to the three stages of the Dynamic Speed Control, it can be set to a minimum distance that helps with the
merging scenario. No way you can maneuver into this steering wheel controlled menu in the merging moment however!

gulshan 04-20-19 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by mcomer (Post 10497147)
Works well when a car abruptly slows without signaling to turn right, first it flashes "BRAKE" in red and white
......!

Thanks for your feedback. I have never owned a car with these features and I love all the new tech as long as it is not pushed down our throats with no way to turn off..Although i will be buying an nx anyway since it has depreciated nicely since 2015 for cpo buyers like me I just saw a 2019 Rdx when i was at costco today and it looks nice inside/out. I saw some reviews on youtube where people are raving about it. May be in 3 years when it depreciates I will trade in my nx for a 2019 rdx..

gulshan 04-21-19 07:14 AM

Has PCS been a standard feature since 2015 ? I thought this was an individual option (not included in any package luxury/premium/comfort). I am planning to pick up a 2015 thru 2017 NX. How do I detect that it has PCS ? Thanks

ross7777 04-21-19 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by gulshan (Post 10498817)
Has PCS been a standard feature since 2015 ? I thought this was an individual option (not included in any package luxury/premium/comfort). I am planning to pick up a 2015 thru 2017 NX. How do I detect that it has PCS ? Thanks

I believe it was standard starting in 2018.

TechNut 04-21-19 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by ross7777 (Post 10498821)
I believe it was standard starting in 2018.

That sounds about right. My 2016 does not have it, but it was an option that year.

gulshan 05-10-19 12:40 PM

I just found out that PCS can also be deactivated automatically if you keep your speed above 110 mph. :-)

Details here
https://northparklexusatdominion.wor...safety-system/