NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Pre-collision System Malfunction & AWD system malfunction at the same time

Old 02-15-19, 04:48 PM
Lazerboy
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pre-collision System Malfunction & AWD system malfunction at the same time

Hello, back again, for more of awfullness news about the 2015 Nx200T base exec. 80k car.

I basically stop using it and only take it out once a year for FLASHY occasions ....or when my backup car need repair.

The last time I took it out, I have had the following issues (bad luck or crappiest car ever made, you decide):

Mysteriously , I had a check engine tuned ON at 81000k when the warranty has ended:, Pre-Collision System Warning and AWD system Malfunction messages popping at me at the same time in sequence during my drive!
Beeping noise going nuts, I almost got into an accident trying to figure out how to shut that annoying beeping noises!

Back home, I unplugged the battery and the check engine is cleared....ran for 30km, its back again!

I just had it with this car....

As a side note :
Here my list of the problems I found so far since my purchase and why I set this car as my worse car piece of junk ever in existence for a luxury cars:

-Executive model has a double vision wherever you look...this is causing extreme fatigue during night driving, like being drunk all the time and trying to calculate where the object are really located!...
-Awfull, unacceptable turbo LAG...takes 3 seconds to respond to your pedal input commands!! No joke, made a video on it.
-Crappy Nav system, unable to use the voice commands however I try...(im leaving out lots of crappy details here.)..
-Sticking moonroof, does not open without tearing all the seals...
-Paint chips are unrepairable (For the Perl White that is), need to redo the whole panel as the touchup pens the dealer sell you don't cover the chip at all .
-Collision system don't work or fails when you really need it, in snowy ,rainy conditions. where visibility is low...
-random noise inside the dash cabin, cracking
-Hissing Fan blower (make my ears buzz like crazy)
-Awfull Suspension for potholes, you feel each crack holes of the suspension and feel like its so cheap that something will brake eventually, feels really cheap low end mecanics ...im only at 80k....
-Oversteers all over the place.
-distracting pre-collision beeping noises that once muted, come right back after 1 min...dangerous as its a major distraction.

My suggestion, DONT BUY the UX line....its looks as crappy as me car! Sorry Lexus but when you fix those issues, whatever reputation you had, it aint going for me.

For those who love this car, just buy mine ITS FOR SALE at very friendly price, buy one for your wife!

Last edited by Lazerboy; 02-15-19 at 04:56 PM.
Old 02-15-19, 04:57 PM
ross7777
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Sounds like you got a lemon.
Old 02-16-19, 03:52 AM
catchtanya
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

im sorry to hear that youve had all these issues. I am pretty close to you in mileage without an issue beyond a side mirror that wouldnt go back up after it went down for reverse functions. Lexus replaced both mirrors to be on the safe side because i was just shy of the end of my bumper to bumper warranty. I agree with previous poster- Sounds like you got a lemon
Old 02-16-19, 05:00 AM
chezgk
Intermediate

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

My NX shows those 2 errors when I try to start the vehicle with a battery that's about to die/jumped from dead. Might be worth looking into. I've gone through 3 batteries since 2015, even though my vehicle's low mileage (28,000 Km), and those two errors popped up consistently.

I do feel that the NX and my old CT were vehicles manufactured to a price point (rattles, etc.) but fortunately haven't encountered the more serious issues you mentioned.
Old 02-16-19, 07:59 AM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lazerboy
Hello, back again, for more of awfullness news about the 2015 Nx200T base exec. 80k car.

I basically stop using it and only take it out once a year for FLASHY occasions ....or when my backup car need repair.

The last time I took it out, I have had the following issues (bad luck or crappiest car ever made, you decide):

Mysteriously , I had a check engine tuned ON at 81000k when the warranty has ended:, Pre-Collision System Warning and AWD system Malfunction messages popping at me at the same time in sequence during my drive!
Beeping noise going nuts, I almost got into an accident trying to figure out how to shut that annoying beeping noises!

Back home, I unplugged the battery and the check engine is cleared....ran for 30km, its back again!

As a side note :
Here my list of the problems I found so far since my purchase and why I set this car as my worse car piece of junk ever in existence for a luxury cars:

-Executive model has a double vision wherever you look...this is causing extreme fatigue during night driving, like being drunk all the time and trying to calculate where the object are really located!...
-Awfull, unacceptable turbo LAG...takes 3 seconds to respond to your pedal input commands!! No joke, made a video on it.
-Crappy Nav system, unable to use the voice commands however I try...(im leaving out lots of crappy details here.)..
-Sticking moonroof, does not open without tearing all the seals...
-Paint chips are unrepairable (For the Perl White that is), need to redo the whole panel as the touchup pens the dealer sell you don't cover the chip at all .
-Collision system don't work or fails when you really need it, in snowy ,rainy conditions. where visibility is low...
-random noise inside the dash cabin, cracking
-Hissing Fan blower (make my ears buzz like crazy)
-Awfull Suspension for potholes, you feel each crack holes of the suspension and feel like its so cheap that something will brake eventually, feels really cheap low end mecanics ...im only at 80k....
-Oversteers all over the place.
-distracting pre-collision beeping noises that once muted, come right back after 1 min...dangerous as its a major distraction.

My suggestion, DONT BUY the UX line....its looks as crappy as me car! Sorry Lexus but when you fix those issues, whatever reputation you had, it aint going for me.

For those who love this car, just buy mine ITS FOR SALE at very friendly price, buy one for your wife!
My NX is now over 4 years old. Other then oil changes and tire rotations my car has never been back to Lexus for a service problem.
Suggest you don’t judge all NX’s by your LEMON.
Old 02-16-19, 01:08 PM
brook41
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Sounds like a battery issue , think about replacing!
Old 02-16-19, 01:18 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

As a side note :

-Executive model has a double vision wherever you look...this is causing extreme fatigue during night driving, like being drunk all the time and trying to calculate where the object are really located!...Who has double vision you or the the window panes? If its the panes, what is the condition of the glass, deep scratches etc?
-Awfull, unacceptable turbo LAG...takes 3 seconds to respond to your pedal input commands!! No joke, made a video on it. Unfixable
-Crappy Nav system, unable to use the voice commands however I try...(im leaving out lots of crappy details here.)..Unfixable and common complaint of older gen on almost all vehicles
-Sticking moonroof, does not open without tearing all the seals...Open moonroof, relube the tracts and/or spray silicon spray on to the rubber (age of the seals and environment due this)
-Paint chips are unrepairable (For the Perl White that is), need to redo the whole panel as the touchup pens the dealer sell you don't cover the chip at all .I assume your windows suffered the same road debris
-Collision system don't work or fails when you really need it, in snowy ,rainy conditions. where visibility is low...No system does, except maybe Teslas
-random noise inside the dash cabin, cracking Unknown
-Hissing Fan blower (make my ears buzz like crazy) Could be a dirty fan blower, that requires a cabin filter cleaning and blower cleaning with compressed air
-Awfull Suspension for potholes, you feel each crack holes of the suspension and feel like its so cheap that something will brake eventually, feels really cheap low end mecanics ...im only at 80k....Depends on where you have been driving
-Oversteers all over the place. FWD chassis with on demand AWD, system as designed
-distracting pre-collision beeping noises that once muted, come right back after 1 min...dangerous as its a major distraction. Standard across the board

I do wonder if you 12V battery is on its way out. Stop by a an MNC and see if the battery tests out. If you can pull the codes, but usually a multisystem error sometimes leads to low battery voltage.
Old 02-17-19, 12:47 PM
Lazerboy
Driver

ok thanks will check the battery
Old 02-17-19, 12:57 PM
Lazerboy
Driver

Originally Posted by 4482

My NX is now over 4 years old. Other then oil changes and tire rotations my car has never been back to Lexus for a service problem.
Suggest you don’t judge all NX’s by your LEMON.
I dont , my point is I expect a 60k $ car to be of a higher quality in general terms for all cars that comes out of he production line.
I don't think Im beeing too fussy here, I guess people love turbo lags, double vision and cheap *** Nav system ... Oh well.
Old 02-17-19, 02:18 PM
ross7777
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I dont , my point is I expect a 60k $ car to be of a higher quality in general terms for all cars that comes out of he production line.
I don't think Im beeing too fussy here, I guess people love turbo lags, double vision and cheap *** Nav system ... Oh well.
What is the double vision issue? Most turbo's have lag and wouldn't this be apparent during the test drive?

No manufacturer produces 100% trouble free vehicles. Some will have issues. The amount you're having seems to fall outside the norm in this case.