Power bump with Burger Motorsports module - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > NX Models (2015-present)
Power bump with Burger Motorsports module >

Power bump with Burger Motorsports module

Notices
NX Models (2015-present)

Power bump with Burger Motorsports module

Old 02-10-19, 11:56 AM
CDNX
Driver School Candidate

Default Power bump with Burger Motorsports module

If anyone is curious or on the fence about purchasing one of these power module units from Burger Motorsports, hereís a few pics on where it attaches on our NX200T and my opinion on its performance.

Iíve owned a few 2.0L turbocharged cars and knew there was some power gains available by adding bit more boost at safe levels still using pump gas (the module increases stock boost by 3psi IIRC)

Itís is a simple plug n play unit that attaches behind the engine along the firewall. The unit seems well built and cables are long enough to secure on top of the fuse panel cover using strips of velcro.

Iíve had the unit installed for over 2 weeks now in outdoor temp range between -5 to 10 degrees Celsius.
This unit isnít gonna turn the NX into a race car by any means but does provide some well needed HP to help propel the heavier than average NX.

Here are my thoughts so far on itís performance.
Power bump is definitely there. Canít say how much for sure but itís pretty noticeable on the ďbuttĒ dyno.
The power delivery could be more linear in my opinion though.....feels like the throttle opens up bit more aggressively and not as smooth delivery as factory setting.
Not a deal breaker as you really canít tell unless youíre going to be heavy footed all the time.
The engine intake growl is bit more audible too now (my NX doesnít have the ASC sound actuator but does have a pop-in K&N air filter). Itís not obnoxious but just saying itís there.
Iíve filled up once already and havenít noticed any significant decrease in fuel economy.

Iíll update with further +/- thoughts about this unit as I get more time with it as weather warms up.

Cheers!

Last edited by CDNX; 02-10-19 at 12:00 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: