NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Power bump with Burger Motorsports module

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-19, 10:56 AM
CDNX
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Power bump with Burger Motorsports module

If anyone is curious or on the fence about purchasing one of these power module units from Burger Motorsports, here’s a few pics on where it attaches on our NX200T and my opinion on its performance.

I’ve owned a few 2.0L turbocharged cars and knew there was some power gains available by adding bit more boost at safe levels still using pump gas (the module increases stock boost by 3psi IIRC)

It’s is a simple plug n play unit that attaches behind the engine along the firewall. The unit seems well built and cables are long enough to secure on top of the fuse panel cover using strips of velcro.

I’ve had the unit installed for over 2 weeks now in outdoor temp range between -5 to 10 degrees Celsius.
This unit isn’t gonna turn the NX into a race car by any means but does provide some well needed HP to help propel the heavier than average NX.

Here are my thoughts so far on it’s performance.
Power bump is definitely there. Can’t say how much for sure but it’s pretty noticeable on the “butt” dyno.
The power delivery could be more linear in my opinion though.....feels like the throttle opens up bit more aggressively and not as smooth delivery as factory setting.
Not a deal breaker as you really can’t tell unless you’re going to be heavy footed all the time.
The engine intake growl is bit more audible too now (my NX doesn’t have the ASC sound actuator but does have a pop-in K&N air filter). It’s not obnoxious but just saying it’s there.
I’ve filled up once already and haven’t noticed any significant decrease in fuel economy.

I’ll update with further +/- thoughts about this unit as I get more time with it as weather warms up.

Cheers!

Last edited by CDNX; 02-10-19 at 11:00 AM.