ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-1st-gen-2015-2021-264/)
-   -   Lexus Tracking (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-1st-gen-2015-2021/910533-lexus-tracking.html)

iizbor3d 02-01-19 12:43 PM

Lexus Tracking

I have deleted my car and uninstalled the enform app as I didn't like the idea of Lexus being able to track my car, my miles, my gas level, etc. But with this cold weather I definitely do miss the remote start feature from my phone. So has anybody actually confirmed that Lexus stores and uses your car information?

ukrkoz 02-02-19 07:14 AM

Any car manufacturer logs and stores information of various kinds and it's been like this for long time. Now that cars have uplink capability they surely do upload it. Or, any time you go to dealer and dealer connects scanner to it.
Seriously, you are worried about this? Your cell spies on you 24/7, did you kill it? You are recognized by face recognition software by any street camera, do you wear a mask and hoodie all the time? Your vehicle is tracked by license plate tracking software by same cameras, why do you think it's illegal to alter license plates? Heck, your smart TV spies on you, your laptop and PC do, your Fitbit does same...
And you worried about that?

ross7777 02-02-19 08:33 AM

Doesn’t seem like something to worry about. If you already have a smart phone you’re being tracked anyway.

jaybarbara 02-02-19 09:20 AM

Lexus tracking

iizbor3d,
I, too, was concerned regarding the amount of info that Lexus is collecting through their enform platform, so I uninstalled it. According to Lexus, it is gone from my Nx, but I still seem to be getting info that I think was part of the enform platform. Lo and behold, I'm still getting reports from LEXUS with info they don't have to have , and I DON'T want them to have. Apparently, there is pretty much NO WAY we can hold onto our privacy in today's world. I long for the days when what we did in the privacy of our homes and autos was our business and no one else's!
Let's face it boys and girls, we are just part of the herd----not much we can do about it!!!
Jay

skyshadow 02-02-19 11:08 AM

1) Your car is internally logging info like speed, location, microphone, camera, pedal input etc. It's doing this with or without the apps and Enform subscription. It can not be sent out but if you ever wreck or something, the info is pulled by the insurance company.

2) Getting rid of Enform Remote and Enform App Suite does not stop Lexus from uploading your info. You would have to sign into your LexusDrivers account and opt out of data transference.

Best of luck

iizbor3d 02-02-19 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by jaybarbara (Post 10427909)
iizbor3d,
I, too, was concerned regarding the amount of info that Lexus is collecting through their enform platform, so I uninstalled it. According to Lexus, it is gone from my Nx, but I still seem to be getting info that I think was part of the enform platform. Lo and behold, I'm still getting reports from LEXUS with info they don't have to have , and I DON'T want them to have. Apparently, there is pretty much NO WAY we can hold onto our privacy in today's world. I long for the days when what we did in the privacy of our homes and autos was our business and no one else's!
Let's face it boys and girls, we are just part of the herd----not much we can do about it!!!
Jay

I didn't just uninstall the app, I also unlinked the car from the app. I think you should unlink your car as I haven't gotten any sort of notifications from lexus other than please add your car back to enform to receive all the features.

iizbor3d 02-02-19 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by skyshadow (Post 10428009)
1) Your car is internally logging info like speed, location, microphone, camera, pedal input etc. It's doing this with or without the apps and Enform subscription. It can not be sent out but if you ever wreck or something, the info is pulled by the insurance company.

2) Getting rid of Enform Remote and Enform App Suite does not stop Lexus from uploading your info. You would have to sign into your LexusDrivers account and opt out of data transference.

Best of luck

Thanks for the information really helpful!

ukrkoz 02-02-19 06:05 PM

ABS block and airbag block track precollision parameters constantly. Been like this for years, mine 07 Camry did. Legal precautions. No way you can completely escape no matter how you try.

Let me add some humor to this