NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

why my NX200t will be my last

Old 04-01-19, 04:35 PM
ukrkoz
Racer

Received 224 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Which is why people need to approach the purchase of a car with more care than they do. Take extended test drives, keep one for a day or overnight. People walk into the dealer, drive a car for 10 minutes with a salesman talking their ear off, and buy it...its foolish. No car company can design a car that will delight everyone.

With that said, life is too short to drive something you dislike if you're somebody who enjoys cars. At some point, if you're that unhappy you should just swallow the loss and trade it in. I've done that multiple times in my life, in fact I cheaped out and bought a 2015 LS460 low on options, and I hated that I didn't have the options and things I wanted so I traded it on a better optioned new 2017 LS460L. I lost a lot of money, but I'm happy driving around every day. Learned a lesson, option a car right the first time.
I took to your wisdom and traded it in. Though no leather, no sensor touch door, no moonroof (care less) or heated seats - I LOVE the car.
Old 04-02-19, 08:31 AM
gompka
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by nx200tbwb
regarding "sport" mode - why can't this be a default setting ? why do i have to choose it every time i start the car ?
This is done for fuel economy, the car gets better fuel economy in normal mode than in sport mode, so in order for the epa to certify the gas mileage as the normal mode number, the car can not be put and stay in sport mode after you turn it off.

The screen integration is your opinion though, cars do it both ways, I like where the screen is, its easy to see without looking down like you would have to in the bmw. I do agree that the mouse pad and the whole media system is garbage, give me android auto and i'll take care of the rest.
Old 04-02-19, 01:31 PM
olgzr
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ukrkoz
I took to your wisdom and traded it in. Though no leather, no sensor touch door, no moonroof (care less) or heated seats - I LOVE the car.
What did you get?
Old 04-03-19, 08:34 AM
kubakj
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have Scout GPS. I drove using it last time and this is life hazard. It is really dangerous GPS software
Old 04-05-19, 04:29 PM
ukrkoz
Racer

Originally Posted by olgzr
What did you get?
To be honest - I'd rather not say. It's VERY different from NX. Hate I lost so much on trade in but that's how feces roll down the hill. Though it's not that bad, I got overall $23.5K with tax saved and it's valued at $19.5 K trade in. It was sitting on craigslst for 2 months for a bit more and all I got was 2 spammers and for some reason several requests for my email. Was the toughest sale ever for me. No interest. And it was the ONLY NX in the entire PacNW private sale. Maybe 3 more dealers. Still puzzled, Lexus normally sells very fast.
Old 04-05-19, 04:33 PM
ukrkoz
Racer

Originally Posted by gompka
This is done for fuel economy, the car gets better fuel economy in normal mode than in sport mode, so in order for the epa to certify the gas mileage as the normal mode number, the car can not be put and stay in sport mode after you turn it off.

The screen integration is your opinion though, cars do it both ways, I like where the screen is, its easy to see without looking down like you would have to in the bmw. I do agree that the mouse pad and the whole media system is garbage, give me android auto and i'll take care of the rest.
My new ride has large touch screen and it is so so much better than that goofy pad... And infotainment responds instantly, not with seconds of delay in NX.
Old 04-05-19, 04:54 PM
ross7777
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

My new ride has large touch screen and it is so so much better than that goofy pad... And infotainment responds instantly, not with seconds of delay in NX.
No delay in my 2019. What model year NX did you have?

And what did you replace it with?
Old 04-07-19, 04:51 PM
jimv1983
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

yes I agree I am picky! my current car has a "****" not a touchpad. the newer cars have the touchpad which i consider to be a poor way to navigate the screen
regarding "sport" mode - why can't this be a default setting ? why do i have to choose it every time i start the car ?
not sure about my next car yet, but probably a used BMW X4
here is a photo of the 2018 dash - with properly integrated display screen.
With the BMW you are going to have a lot more problems and spend a lot more fixing them. The touch pad isn't great but it's the best of any non-touch screen infotainment control. That joystick that Lexus has used was even worse and I can't stand the dial/**** thing BMW and others use is the worst.

nope. I find navigation systems useless and out of date - compared to Google maps on my iPhone
Google Maps certainly is better but it's the using it while driving that is the problem. Even on cars that have Android Auto or Car Play you almost always have to have the phone phone plugged in. I'd much rather use the somewhat inferior built in navigation than have to use one of those awful windshield or air vent mounts. I wouldn't want to have to plug my phone in all the time either. Especially when it doesn't need to be charged.

Nothing beats phone and G Maps or Waze. Factory nav is gimmick to charge more.
OP, you WILL have toque steer on any car that has transverse located engine. There is nothing you can do about it. The only option is RWD car or Subaru, as it has symmetric AWD.
That said, I absolutely agree with you. For the price, and I could add my litany of what I do not like about it - it could have been a much better vehicle. If not for $15K purchase I just did, I'd have rid of mine too. It's not what I expect from Lexus. I called it "quick job" from Lexus, riding RAV4 success. They just really wanted to make something similar in Lexus department, so they slapped that car together. It is not well thought through at all. Simply sit and look at appointments and center dash. There is no logic or ergonomics in it. Only craving for angles and forms. Design over function.
I'd agree if there was support for wireless Android Auto.
Old 04-08-19, 06:43 AM
ukrkoz
Racer

I actually do have Android Auto in my car now. It's sort of cool with touchscreen. Yet, it also is quite capricious to run. Of course, I need to develop proper gist of this... yet, so far, it was quite annoying to run. I am not saying Yey or Neigh, don't have enough experience gathered... but it is not a panacea also.
Old 04-08-19, 09:37 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 690 Likes on 507 Posts

To be honest - I'd rather not say.
So - why so coy on the new car? It is just an automobile and not a religion. Nobody can judge you for selecting the model that best meets your requirements.
Old 04-09-19, 10:27 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by TechNut
So - why so coy on the new car? It is just an automobile and not a religion. Nobody can judge you for selecting the model that best meets your requirements.
I'm guessing either a tesla, prius limited, prius prime advanced, or a dodge ram since few carmakers have "large touch screens