why my NX200t will be my last - Page 3 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
NX Models (2015-present)

why my NX200t will be my last

 
Old 02-01-19, 12:24 PM
  #31  
nx200tbwb
Driver School Candidate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: MB
Posts: 14
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SW17LS View Post
It is, the fact that its not to your taste doesn't mean it isn't a superior vehicle to the NX. Its superior in many ways, and many if not all of your quality issues are solved in the RX.

The RX by the way is also a FWD vehicle.
yes, judging by its price, its way superior. Anyways, to each his own.
nx200tbwb is offline  
Old 02-01-19, 12:26 PM
  #32  
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic
 
SW17LS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MD
Posts: 26,074
Thanked 575 Times in 477 Posts
Default

If you dislike your NX that much, you should just trade it on something that you enjoy.
SW17LS is offline  
Old 02-01-19, 12:27 PM
  #33  
coolsaber
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: In your head
Posts: 2,028
Thanked 35 Times in 32 Posts
Default

User interface is not your cup of tea, normal.
Poor design choices fair enough
The engine and torque steer....its a FWD biased Awd system normal.

I think BMW is the way for sure for your issues. I suggest you do research on a used X4 maintenance costs, maybe lease a new one. In addition get extended seat time in similar MY BMW (they also tend to go by build date on how options work so mid year things can change).

At the price point the NX comes in at, its tradeoff. Not putting the blame on your complaints, but I would check the competitors in the same price range before I decide that the Lexus is incapable of making a proper entry CUV
coolsaber is offline  
Old 02-03-19, 07:42 AM
  #34  
ukrkoz
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: wa
Posts: 1,406
Thanked 135 Times in 126 Posts
Default

How easy it is to, hiding behind faceless internet, tell someone - go trade, get whatever. Every operation of such nature is financial loss to owner. And it's not few hundred bucks, it's thousands.
It'll make my day, when I shall see post like this: Hey, OP, I understand your concerns. Why don't you determine exactly what is that makes you happy vehicle wise, and I shall cover the costs of you trading in your car and obtaining that other one? I'll be glad to oblige
Any volunteers? Surely, Lexus bunch has plenty of means, right?
ukrkoz is offline  
Old 02-03-19, 09:34 AM
  #35  
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic
 
SW17LS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MD
Posts: 26,074
Thanked 575 Times in 477 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
How easy it is to, hiding behind faceless internet, tell someone - go trade, get whatever. Every operation of such nature is financial loss to owner. And it's not few hundred bucks, it's thousands.
It'll make my day, when I shall see post like this: Hey, OP, I understand your concerns. Why don't you determine exactly what is that makes you happy vehicle wise, and I shall cover the costs of you trading in your car and obtaining that other one? I'll be glad to oblige
Any volunteers? Surely, Lexus bunch has plenty of means, right?
Which is why people need to approach the purchase of a car with more care than they do. Take extended test drives, keep one for a day or overnight. People walk into the dealer, drive a car for 10 minutes with a salesman talking their ear off, and buy it...its foolish. No car company can design a car that will delight everyone.

With that said, life is too short to drive something you dislike if you're somebody who enjoys cars. At some point, if you're that unhappy you should just swallow the loss and trade it in. I've done that multiple times in my life, in fact I cheaped out and bought a 2015 LS460 low on options, and I hated that I didn't have the options and things I wanted so I traded it on a better optioned new 2017 LS460L. I lost a lot of money, but I'm happy driving around every day. Learned a lesson, option a car right the first time.
SW17LS is offline  
Old 02-03-19, 09:44 AM
  #36  
ross7777
Driver
 
ross7777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: MN
Posts: 185
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SW17LS View Post
Which is why people need to approach the purchase of a car with more care than they do. Take extended test drives, keep one for a day or overnight. People walk into the dealer, drive a car for 10 minutes with a salesman talking their ear off, and buy it...its foolish. No car company can design a car that will delight everyone.

With that said, life is too short to drive something you dislike if you're somebody who enjoys cars. At some point, if you're that unhappy you should just swallow the loss and trade it in. I've done that multiple times in my life, in fact I cheaped out and bought a 2015 LS460 low on options, and I hated that I didn't have the options and things I wanted so I traded it on a better optioned new 2017 LS460L. I lost a lot of money, but I'm happy driving around every day. Learned a lesson, option a car right the first time.
Agreed. The car I had before the NX was a used base G37X. I loved the way it drove so much I bought it the same day without trying anything else. Turns out itís not a practical car for two kids.....I also realized too late it didnít even have Bluetooth audio. 50k miles later I was done. I wanted a loaded SUV.

I test drove nearly a dozen vehicles before buying the NX. Nothing is perfect but it met all my needs at the price I wanted to pay.
ross7777 is online now  
Old 02-03-19, 12:43 PM
  #37  
tincan13
Rookie
 
tincan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I just bought a 2017 NX200t a couple of weeks ago. I traded in a 2013 RX350 for it. Granted, the NX200t does not have all the options, plushness, nor the soft ride of the RX350 -- I prefer the handling and stiffer ride of the NX200t. But, neither did the RX350 have everything that was in the RX350. The two things I do NOT like about the NX200t are the placement of the start / off button and the seat selection button under the door arm rest. I looked at several comparably sized/priced SUVs -- Mercedes Benz GLA-250, BMW X1, Audi Q3 and Q5 2.0t, Toyota RAV4. The NX200t was the car that matched the most of the important items on my "laundry list" and so I purchased the NX200t. My advice to you is make a "laundry list" of what is important to you, check out a number of cars in your price range, check off the items on your list, and go with that one.
tincan13 is offline  
Old 02-03-19, 01:42 PM
  #38  
ross7777
Driver
 
ross7777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: MN
Posts: 185
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Yes the memory seat button placement is dumb but after linking the settings to our remotes we donít touch them anymore.
ross7777 is online now  
Old 02-03-19, 02:09 PM
  #39  
tincan13
Rookie
 
tincan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ross7777 View Post
Yes the memory seat button placement is dumb but after linking the settings to our remotes we donít touch them anymore.
I didn't know they could be linked to the remote. As I said, we just got the car and are still unfamiliar with all the settings. My wife and I both drive the car and each of us has a different seat setting and must set the seat position using the buttons when we enter the car. Can you tell me how to link the setting to the remote? Thanx in advance.
tincan13 is offline  
Old 02-03-19, 02:50 PM
  #40  
ross7777
Driver
 
ross7777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: MN
Posts: 185
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by tincan13 View Post
I didn't know they could be linked to the remote. As I said, we just got the car and are still unfamiliar with all the settings. My wife and I both drive the car and each of us has a different seat setting and must set the seat position using the buttons when we enter the car. Can you tell me how to link the setting to the remote? Thanx in advance.
I donít recall off the top of my head. I had to check the manual. You have to keep one remote in the vehicle at a time and hold down one of the buttons in the car. After you do that for both remotes, when you unlock the door with the remote it will use the settings tied to the remote.
ross7777 is online now  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: