NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Leasing a 2019 NX F Sport - some questions

Old 12-13-18, 11:06 PM
gregnorz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leasing a 2019 NX F Sport - some questions

My lease is up on my 2013 GS350, and since no Lexus dealer in my area will do another CPO lease for me (which was a helluva deal), I'm looking at a 2019 NX 300 F Sport to replace my current vehicle. I'm in the period where I can trade-in early and get my last 3 payments waived (well, last 2. I was hospitalized and couldn't make the deal before this month's payment!). My wife and I really like the NX, though we haven't driven one yet. I don't expect it to be at all like the GS, but I'm hoping it still is a fun drive on the highway. Some questions that I have:

1. Lexus says that any 2019 NX manufactured after 10/1/2018 comes with CarPlay, however I can't find a single NX in the DFW area at ANY dealer with a recent manufacturing date. They're all from this summer, maybe September at the latest. Has Lexus even put out NX vehicles with CarPlay yet, anywhere in the US? I'm wondering if I should hold out until March when my lease is up to see if can get a CarPlay-installed model.

1a. If I went with a current vehicle, what are the odds Lexus will have an upgrade path to get CarPlay into my new purchase? Maybe replacing the head unit or nav unit?

2. How good are the "December to Remember" deals. Is it worth pushing a deal before January 2 and possibly forgoing my desire for CarPlay to get a better lease deal? They were pretty no-nonsense on the price - invoice + the standard MF/RV/Incentives I can find on the Edmunds lease forums for a 2019 NX. No haggling really to get them to match that. If I wait until March, does Lexus pretty much have similar deals going on?

3. Anyone out there who switched from a GS to an NX? Thoughts, warnings, kudos?
Old 12-14-18, 07:14 AM
fredw1
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I can't address the first two questions. I'm suspect that the December to Remember promotion in just that. It gets people into the showroom. I' also suspect that you can get a better deal by simply negotiating, independent of any promotions, but is generally dealer dependent. If you look at prices people have paid in this thread, you'll see that many are getting discounts of 10%, and sometimes more.

I sent from an IS to the NX two years ago. I've been very happy. I had upgraded roll bars in the IS. Transitioning from the GS, having more of a "comfortable" ride, may be different, but I find the ride in my NX to be pretty comfortable. I suggest you drive one a few times to make sure this is the SUV you want. The RX ride is much more cushy, probably more similar to the GS.
The following users liked this post:
gregnorz (12-14-18)
Old 12-14-18, 02:25 PM
MIK23
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just leased a 2019 NX 300 F Sport this week and I used to have a 2015 GS350 F Sport. Absolutely love the NX and it is a very smooth ride. Mine luckily came with apple car play so they definitely out there.

Pricing wise, I think I got a pretty good deal with december to remember along with lexus loyalty rebates and another 2000 off for having a CT200h that i was lease returning.
Old 12-14-18, 02:29 PM
MIK23
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

feel free to pm me with questions
The following users liked this post:
gregnorz (12-14-18)
Old 12-14-18, 10:06 PM
gregnorz
Driver School Candidate

So I dropped my GS off for the last free service (it was a CPO), and they got me a brand new, loaded, 2019 NX 300 Base as a loaner. I've only driven it on the highway on the way home + played with the controls a bit. I'm pretty impressed. It's not the GS, but I don't expect it to be. I felt like the handling and power were more than adequate to maneuver through traffic and have some fun. The shifting was definitely not as smooth as the GS, and the stereo isn't Mark Levinson. But I can live without that.

As far as CarPlay, they actually have 40 models on site with the feature, so I'm covered there. Looks like I'm getting an NX tomorrow!

For the deal, it's basically invoice, $2000 lease cash, $500 loyalty bonus, dealer pays my sales tax on the sale of the car, and I put down $1000 to cover fees and first payment. I'm pretty happy with that. Lease is 36mos/15K per year, which is what I had on my CPO.
Old 12-15-18, 07:43 PM
gonzalu
Rookie

Just picked up my new 2019 NX... definitely has Apple CarPlay.

$3000 rebate all in. Did not do the F Sport because they wanted .00085 MF vs. 00065 for the non F. 57% RV

Oh well. Still got Paddle Shifters :P
Old 12-15-18, 07:47 PM
gregnorz
Driver School Candidate

We ended up going with a Base loaded up, including CarPlay. Black on black, all the trimmings, etc. We liked the Red paint and black interior of the F Sport, but the seats weren’t to my liking. I’m a heavier guy with 2 hip replacements, and the Base was a lot easier to enter and exit.

We’re loving the loaner, and although it’s a notch down from the GS 350 in a few ways, overall we are happy with the vehicle. Getting our new one on Monday after they transfer the car from their other dealership across town.