Search this Thread

Old 09-14-18, 07:16 PM
t18c97
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Pandora App being removed from Enform App

Received the following e-mail:

Dear Lexus Guest,

Thank you for being a Lexus Enform App Suite 2.0 customer.

As technology and markets change, third party application providers continuously evolve their products and services. On or around November 13th, 2018 a multimedia system update will appear on your vehicle display. After completion, Pandora® will no longer be available in Lexus Enform App Suite 2.0, as this product and service will no longer be supported by the third party application provider.

In your Lexus, you can still enjoy Pandora® and other popular music applications via Bluetooth or USB connection. For your device’s compatibility and pairing instructions, please visit Lexus Mobile Link or Bluetooth FAQs. For additional inquires regarding Lexus Enform App Suite 2.0, click here.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions, please contact the Lexus Guest Experience Center at 1-800-255-3987 Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, or Saturday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Eastern Time.

Sincerely,

Lexus Enform Guest Support
Yes, I know I could use the Pandora app on my phone but IMHO it's nicer to be able to use the cars interface to control it vs having to pick up my phone and unlock it to be able to access it.
Old 09-15-18, 11:45 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

We didn’t receive that email (yet at least). We do use Pandora on road trips so that is very dissapointing. I haven’t paid any attention to which version of Enform we have. I wonder if this will affect all versions? What model year is your car?
Old 09-15-18, 11:46 AM
t18c97
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

2018 nx 300
The following users liked this post:
TechNut (09-15-18)
Old 09-15-18, 02:18 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by TechNut
We didn’t receive that email (yet at least). We do use Pandora on road trips so that is very dissapointing. I haven’t paid any attention to which version of Enform we have. I wonder if this will affect all versions? What model year is your car?
I believe that the 2018 model year was the first year when Enform 2.0 was used, and it is only in use on the 2018 LC, RC, RC F, LS, and NX. I assume that Enform 2.0 is on more, if not all, 2019 Lexus models.

My 2017 ES has the original Enform App Suite, and I have not received a similar email about the removal of Pandora. So, it may be the case that the elimination of Pandora only applies to cars with Enform 2.0.
TechNut (09-15-18)
Old 09-18-18, 08:26 AM
threefiveo
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
I believe that the 2018 model year was the first year when Enform 2.0 was used, and it is only in use on the 2018 LC, RC, RC F, LS, and NX. I assume that Enform 2.0 is on more, if not all, 2019 Lexus models.

My 2017 ES has the original Enform App Suite, and I have not received a similar email about the removal of Pandora. So, it may be the case that the elimination of Pandora only applies to cars with Enform 2.0.
I received the email as well, my ISF has the original enform app suite. They are also removing facebook places, and open table from the original enform. Pandora is the only app I used and I actually find it unacceptable for Lexus to remove the app. While its not Lexus directly, its third party support being removed by Pandora, the way I see it, Lexus needs to address this to support an alternative method, perhaps android auto or carplay. Being that both options essentially run from the phone OS and hardware, I think this is something that Lexus can implement on the older in car systems. Or offer an upgrade / add on hardware. The alternative offered in the email is to use the app on your device via Bluetooth or USB, both of which require line of sign to your phone to change stations or thumb up / down which is a major issue with safety. Looking at the list, this impacts nearly all 2013+ Lexus models.

Speculating a bit but my guess is they are also pulling from Toyota Entune, which is essentially the same system.
Old 09-18-18, 11:59 AM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

I own the 2015 NX and also received said email warning/notification.
Old 09-19-18, 09:49 AM
threefiveo
Rookie

I called Lexus and expressed my dissatisfaction with the update. Given this is part of the navigation upgrade option on the cars when purchased new, the applications are on the window sticker in black and white. I just expressed that customers expect a feature set equivalent alternative (ie carplay / android auto) if Lexus has the resources to push updates removing applications, they should also be able to add applications back. Odds are my call will make no difference, but give them a ring if you feel the same. 800-255-3987
Old 09-19-18, 08:27 PM
skyshadow
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Sorry I'm late to the party, YES we are dropping Pandora and Opentable from App Suite and App Suitre 2.0. Believe it or not, only something like 1700 people used it and only like 90 people used Yelp. Crazy numbers I know. The update that drops these app hits November 17th.

Last edited by skyshadow; 09-27-18 at 06:24 AM.
Old 09-22-18, 01:50 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Typo in title corrected.

^^^Low numbers explains the drop. Perhaps one step closer for Lexus (Toyota) on completing Android Auto integration.
Old 09-24-18, 08:17 AM
skyshadow
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Low numbers explains the drop. Perhaps one step closer for Lexus (Toyota) on completing Android Auto integration.
**cough spot on cough**
Old 09-24-18, 08:23 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

I suspect it is because SiriusXM is purchasing Pandora, and likely to double the rates. or close it completely.

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/24/65105...5-billion-deal
Old 09-24-18, 12:44 PM
skyshadow
Lead Lap

I legitimately hate the company SXM. If their customer service is any indicator of their business model, I would like nothing to do with them.
mjeds (09-24-18)
Old 09-24-18, 12:47 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by skyshadow
I legitimately hate the company SXM. If their customer service is any indicator of their business model, I would like nothing to do with them.
same here.

I just ported all my Pandora stations to Apple Music. if Spotify wasn't so expensive, $120 a year. I would port everything to it.. but I'm not paying over $40 a year for any premium music streaming service.
Old 09-25-18, 12:01 PM
skyshadow
Lead Lap

I would like to throw Slacker out there. We still have it on our systems and it is a very impressive system. Ranked 2nd recently, only being beat by Spotify. You should give it a try
Old 09-25-18, 12:02 PM
threefiveo
Rookie

Originally Posted by skyshadow
**cough spot on cough**
For the older models or just new models?

Quick Reply: Pandora App being removed from Enform App