Pandora App being removed from Enform App - Page 2 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > NX Models (2015-present)
Pandora App being removed from Enform App >

Pandora App being removed from Enform App

Notices
NX Models (2015-present)

Pandora App being removed from Enform App

Old 09-27-18, 06:26 AM
skyshadow
Pole Position

Just new, Lexus wants to sell new cars not help make old ones more enjoyable as to keep longer. Think of it as a business.
Old 09-27-18, 01:41 PM
olgzr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by skyshadow View Post
Just new, Lexus wants to sell new cars not help make old ones more enjoyable as to keep longer. Think of it as a business.
Yes, but, as in any business, having repeat customers is a plus. You canít pi$$ off your customers and expect your business to flourish.
Old 09-28-18, 09:22 AM
threefiveo
Rookie

Originally Posted by olgzr View Post

Yes, but, as in any business, having repeat customers is a plus. You canít pi$$ off your customers and expect your business to flourish.
Yes, this exactly. The Toyota Entune and Lexus Enform is already one of the lowest rated infotainment systems from any manufacturer, but customers accept it for the other positives with the Toyota / Lexus brand. Its one thing to discontinue updates. Its another to remove a feature all together and not replace it with something comparable. I'm glad to see Toyota and Lexus are FINALLY rolling out CarPlay and Android Auto in new models, but if you have the resources to roll out an update to remove functionality from the current and prior models then you should replace with something comparable.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to threefiveo For This Useful Post:
olgzr (09-28-18), wpath (10-13-18)
Old 09-29-18, 03:42 PM
skyshadow
Pole Position

Again, they are not going to update your older cars to do things a newer car does. It will not happen, Complain, throw a fit, stomp your feet... Will not change anything. The update taking away Pandora probably has something to do with SXM purchasing Pandora. Carplay on an older car is not as easy as you are assuming. A 15 and older yr model processor probably can not even handle it.

Also, I'm confused you said having repeat business is a plus and we can't **** of existing customers. 1)1700 total users of the Pandora app through App Suite. So tops, we pissed off 1700 people and 2) you said it, repeat business is the "plus". Lexus does not get repeat business from giving features to a 14,15,16s that 18,19s have.
Old 09-30-18, 09:50 PM
threefiveo
Rookie

Originally Posted by skyshadow View Post
Again, they are not going to update your older cars to do things a newer car does. It will not happen, Complain, throw a fit, stomp your feet... Will not change anything. The update taking away Pandora probably has something to do with SXM purchasing Pandora. Carplay on an older car is not as easy as you are assuming. A 15 and older yr model processor probably can not even handle it.

Also, I'm confused you said having repeat business is a plus and we can't **** of existing customers. 1)1700 total users of the Pandora app through App Suite. So tops, we pissed off 1700 people and 2) you said it, repeat business is the "plus". Lexus does not get repeat business from giving features to a 14,15,16s that 18,19s have.
For clarity, its not just Pandora, also FB Places and Open table. So XM acquisition of Pandora could only be part of the story. I suspect there are even less users for the other apps. Toyota is also removing these apps from Entune, which is likely a much larger user base than Enform. 1700 only counts users who actually used it, not the millions of others who tried but found it slow, buggy, and possibly purchased an alternate brand with modern connectivity.
Old 10-03-18, 12:58 PM
r4nd0
Driver School Candidate

Pandora via Enform on my '14 GS was always hit and miss and stopped working entirely over a year ago. Looking at forum posts, many people had similar experience throughout all Lexus models. That being the case, it's sort of silly to quote how few people use a feature that was already broken, as justification for literally removing a feature that was part of the car as marketed and sold. When it worked, it was my primary source of listening. Lawyers being what they are and doing what they do, I wouldn't be surprised to eventually see a class action around this, if Lexus doesn't eventually step up and offer some sort of concession.
Old 10-10-18, 10:31 AM
donaldsa
Driver School Candidate

So to use Pandora, you need to create an Enform account.... Log into the account on your phone - and re-login every time you reboot your phone potentially while driving.... Then Click on Apps on the screen... Wait 15 seconds for Apps to start up... Then click on Pandora and wait another 15 seconds for it to start. Then when using Pandora you only have limited functions available while driving. No wonder only 1700 people use it. The Enform Pandora App was doomed from the start.

I used to use Pandora all the time through enform but it just became too much of a hassle. I can run Pandora on my phone and connect with a blue tooth link. I just have to control pandora with my phone instead of through enform.
Old 10-12-18, 09:18 AM
threefiveo
Rookie

Originally Posted by donaldsa View Post
So to use Pandora, you need to create an Enform account.... Log into the account on your phone - and re-login every time you reboot your phone potentially while driving.... Then Click on Apps on the screen... Wait 15 seconds for Apps to start up... Then click on Pandora and wait another 15 seconds for it to start. Then when using Pandora you only have limited functions available while driving. No wonder only 1700 people use it. The Enform Pandora App was doomed from the start.

I used to use Pandora all the time through enform but it just became too much of a hassle. I can run Pandora on my phone and connect with a blue tooth link. I just have to control pandora with my phone instead of through enform.
Well that's a bummer. I'm not sure what's going on with your setup but mine was as follows:
1) Download Enform app and create Enform Account (1 time setup) I'm using an iPhone, possibly different with Android.
2) Within the Enform App on your phone, Login to any app you want to use (such as Pandora / Spotify) to link Enform with your accounts.(1 time setup)
3) Jump in the car, wait a bit, Select the App you want to use in the car (its true the app is slow to load)
4)Enjoy

When starting the car, mine picks right back up streaming with the same app/station I left off without any input. I don't need to do anything with my phone and I don't need to log back in or re-enter credentials for Enform or any of the apps, ever. Occasionally when starting back up it can be a bit slow to connect since it connects up Bluetooth, transfers any contacts, etc before streaming music. The UI is slow, granted, but once open it works fine and it beats pulling the phone up, navigating to the app on the phone, selecting the station, and controlling from there (at least in my opinion, yours may vary).

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: