NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

The NX needs a major redo

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-18, 08:31 AM
rVague
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by acheuk
I worry more about the 10 speed transmission because Acura had many problems with the 9 speed transmission, which made them dropped a lot in the JD power ranking.
The 9 speed was produced by ZF of Germany and has had the noted problems. The 10 speed is built in-house by Honda.
Old 06-25-18, 02:46 PM
ukrkoz
Racer

Received 228 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Noeh

That’s a good point, so far the Accord 2.0T don’t seem to be having any carbon buildup issues like the 2IS250.
Any direct injection engine WILL have carbon buildup on valves as gasoline is not flushing it off them during intake phase. That's the nature of the beast.
Old 06-25-18, 03:09 PM
Torii
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

the new mitsubishi eclipse cross looks exactly like lexus nx to me.
Old 06-25-18, 09:21 PM
Noeh
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ukrkoz
Any direct injection engine WILL have carbon buildup on valves as gasoline is not flushing it off them during intake phase. That's the nature of the beast.
Not necessarily, it depends on the amount of blow by.
Old 06-26-18, 06:01 AM
LexusWest
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rVague

The 9 speed was produced by ZF of Germany and has had the noted problems. The 10 speed is built in-house by Honda.
yes and the 10 speed has been out in the wild in the new Accord and Odyssey I believe with no complaints that I have heard of yet.
Old 06-26-18, 03:07 PM
jer
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 75 Posts

There's another thread regarding the fact the 2019 NX came out early. Since the RAV4 has been redone, and the '19 NX is already out, I would not be surprised to see Lexus bring out a FMC 2020 NX early next year with multiple updates.
Old 06-27-18, 08:33 AM
rVague
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jer
There's another thread regarding the fact the 2019 NX came out early. Since the RAV4 has been redone, and the '19 NX is already out, I would not be surprised to see Lexus bring out a FMC 2020 NX early next year with multiple updates.
I agree. I would expect to see an 8 speed automatic, perhaps an increase in horsepower, updated interior similar to the 2019 RAV4, and with Apple CarPlay and Android auto. It is certainly on my radar for 2020.
Old 08-03-18, 05:27 AM
worldcat
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I checked it out the other day and yes its quite a car.

Originally Posted by Freds430
Test drove a 2019 RDX advanced today. I can not stress enough if you are in the market for a new SUV take the time to test drive. It is a blast to drive. Handles like a sporty sedan, accelerates rapidly with zero turbo lag like in the NX and is quiet. Now I know why Alex on Autos raved about it and picked over the NX. The technology, comfort and ride excel. Test drove it at 11am today. It was sunny and hot. The shade on the panoramic roof was wide open. It was not overly bright or hot with it open. Got home and opened the shade on my ES and had to shut it. It was way to bright and hot. Acura must use a high heat reduction tint. Top of the line with the advance package with SHAWD list at $47,000. Can not imagine a better buy. ELS sound system is indescribable. You just have to listen. Only concern is gas mileage. EPA is 21 and 27. I took it on a 12 mile trip which half was highway and my mpg was 10.
Old 08-06-18, 01:37 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by worldcat
I checked it out the other day and yes its quite a car.
Do you mind sharing your thoughts on the RDX vs NX? Was the RDX the base, A-SPEC, or Advance model?

Old 08-06-18, 07:14 PM
worldcat
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fit and finish is nice. I like the size a touch bigger than the NX. I looked mostly at the A-SPEC. I did not drive it but from what i heard drives much nicer also you can use regular gas. I am leaning toward a FSport because i like Lexus better and it is the first year model. But i am going to drive it and keep checking to see how things are on the reliability of the Acura. I am also worried about resale on a Acura its not that good.

Originally Posted by GSteg
Do you mind sharing your thoughts on the RDX vs NX? Was the RDX the base, A-SPEC, or Advance model?
Old 09-01-18, 03:49 AM
jer
Instructor

Took my RX in for service yesterday. Wandering through the dealership, looking at an NX and spoke to a salesman. I mentioned how outdated the NX had become, especially with the RAV4 coming on board and the new UX. He stated looking for the UX end of year and 'hopefully' a new NX mid-2019. That would give the NX a 5 year run under its first iteration, allowing Lexus to hopefully update and meet/surpass the competition. We'll have to wait and see but if true should hear something by beginning of 2019.
Old 09-07-18, 07:45 PM
Koetsu
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
In many ways, the new RDX sure does look like a Lexus! Even though its styling was maligned in certain quarters when it was introduced, the 2015 NX turned out to be a trend setter.
Old 09-08-18, 01:05 PM
acheuk
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexusWest
yes and the 10 speed has been out in the wild in the new Accord and Odyssey I believe with no complaints that I have heard of yet.
It's still relatively new, need to wait a big longer to tell. I wouldn't hold my breath as Honda/Acura has dropped a lot in reliability, falling out of top 10 JD Power, even Kia has surpassed them.
Old 09-08-18, 01:10 PM
acheuk
Rookie

Also to note is that Honda turbo engines (specifically the 1.5T for now) have complaints regarding rising oil level caused by oil dilution problem. Although the RDX uses a bigger engine but I believe the basic design should be similar, need to keep an eye on these new powertrains.
Old 10-23-18, 02:56 PM
jer
Instructor

Thought I would bump this thread. Maybe a new NX for 2020 coming out early?

Quick Reply: The NX needs a major redo