Search this Thread

Old 03-04-18, 05:42 AM
Johnnx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting twitchy waiting for my NX to arrive

Hi Guys
I'm new to the forum and Lexus and the NX 300h
I've had to wait since December for my UK spec 300h Luxury in Mercury with Ivory interior, and I'm getting edgy hoping that the promise of it arriving before the end of the week actually happens.
Sold my VW Touareg last Monday and then we had 48 hours of blizzards and the deepest snowfall in living memory. And the only wheels I've got until the new motor arrives is borrowing my nephews Audi A7, and after the ploughs got through to us yesterday I found out just how utterly useless the A7 is on snow, or just plain slippy road surfaces. Goes anywhere but the direction that you want it to go in lol. It's perfectly fine in the dry weather though.
Looking forward to using the forum and learning loads reading it.
Cheers
John
Old 03-04-18, 10:56 AM
DampDuffer
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

Welcome to the forum...I certainly love my NX, and I think you'll love yours too, but I hope you purchased one with 4-wheel drive for times like this.

Surprised your nephew's A7 was slipping and sliding, doesn't it have the famous Quattro drive system?

While living in northern England and Scotland for many years my wife and I both drove an Audi and found them to fun to drive in the snow and ice.

Now living in the Pacific Northwest, she drives an Audi Q3 and I drive the NX, both of which have performed very well in the ski areas this year, but on a few occasions I've had reach down and push the button that puts the NX in full-time 4-wheel drive.
Old 03-04-18, 11:29 AM
Johnnx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For sure the NX is the all wheel drive, I had a150 test drive and it fitted me like a glove, so I'm sure I'll be in love with her
As for the A7 its just front wheel drive with new Pirellis on it, maybe it was me as it's the first time I've driven a front wheel drive car for about fifteen years lol.
Seriously itching to get my hands on my NX
Just wondering whether it's going to be worthwhile having the Lexus paint protection on it
​​​