NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Windshield replacement missing moulding?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-18, 12:01 PM
NorthernHi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield replacement missing moulding?

I had the windshield replaced on my 2017 NX 200t and wanted to confirm if the moulding in the top left (passenger) corner looks correct.

I can see a copper colored piece of "wire" sticking out of the rubber moulding (circled in red), while the top right (drivers) corner appears to be flush.

I also wanted to confirm if this is an OEM windshield.

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails Windshield replacement missing moulding?-img_2977.jpg   Windshield replacement missing moulding?-img_2979.jpg   Windshield replacement missing moulding?-img_2980.jpg  
Old 03-02-18, 12:16 PM
DampDuffer
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthernHi
I had the windshield replaced on my 2017 NX 200t and wanted to confirm if the moulding in the top left (passenger) corner looks correct.

I can see a copper colored piece of "wire" sticking out of the rubber moulding (circled in red), while the top right (drivers) corner appears to be flush.

I also wanted to confirm if this is an OEM windshield.

Thank you
My Lexus dealer replaced my 2017 NX windshield with another OEM windshield (actually, they subbed-out the job), and it appears to be the same windshield you now have, BUT IT DOES NOT HAVE THE GAP/MISSING MOLDING that yours has.

Suggest you take it to your dealer or whoever did the work so they can make it right....

Last edited by DampDuffer; 03-02-18 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-02-18, 02:23 PM
NorthernHi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DampDuffer
My Lexus dealer replaced my 2017 NX windshield with another OEM windshield (actually, they subbed-out the job), and it appears to be the same windshield you now have, BUT IT DOES NOT HAVE THE GAP/MISSING MOLDING that yours has.

Suggest you take it to your dealer or whoever did the work so they can make it right....
Thank you for checking your car.

I looked at a Lexus NX windshield installation video, and I believe the part of the moulding with the wire showing (circled in photo) is attached to the windshield itself and may have broken off prior / during the installation.

Safelite did the installation, so I may check with them to see what can be done.