NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

How to change Home Address for "Go Home" Voice Command

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-18, 02:29 PM
tedhw
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How to change Home Address for "Go Home" Voice Command

My "Go Home" Voice Command directs me to the dealer's address and I can't seem to change it.

This is different to the Navigation Presets.
When I select "Go Home" Preset on Navigation screen it goes to my home address correctly, no problem.

Can somebody guide me how to the "Go Home" address for the Voice Command?
Mine is Lexus NX 2016

Cheers!
Old 02-09-18, 07:19 AM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 119 Posts

Menu>Setup>Navigation>Home>Delete

Then after you delete it, you can add the correct address.
Old 02-10-18, 03:16 AM
tedhw
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by offroad200
Menu>Setup>Navigation>Home>Delete

Then after you delete it, you can add the correct address.
I followed your step to delete the address, then add the correct address.

Still same thing, when I do the voice command "go home" goes to my dealer's address.

Can anyone help??
Old 02-10-18, 07:16 AM
LOLjasonW
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tedhw
I followed your step to delete the address, then add the correct address.

Still same thing, when I do the voice command "go home" goes to my dealer's address.

Can anyone help??
when the car is running push and hold the volume **** in until it resets the nav unit. It should only be about 15-30 seconds until it restarts. If that doesn't work, disconnect the battery for 15 mins, do a full reset, if the physical go home button works but the voice command option sends you to the dealer, it sounds like the system isn't registering that you've changed the go home destination. The battery pull should fix that, only issue is you'll have to reset all your personal settings on the car, radio station, seat position, bluetooth, garage door, etc.
Old 02-11-18, 12:56 AM
DampDuffer
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by tedhw
My "Go Home" Voice Command directs me to the dealer's address and I can't seem to change it.Cheers!
Honestly, the best advice is to command your car to "Go Home," and follow your car's navigation system to your dealer and tell them to fix it!

All other workarounds are just annoying and time consuming...get the professionals to fix it....

I've had a number of little annoying things such as aiming of headlights, turn signal timing, and non-led lights, and I just took it to my dealer where they fixed all the items for no charge while I munched on their donuts, drank their coffee, and test drove their cars, including a very nice RC F-Sport that had a sticker that would pay for at least two NXs...
Old 02-12-18, 05:12 AM
tedhw
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LOLjasonW
when the car is running push and hold the volume **** in until it resets the nav unit. It should only be about 15-30 seconds until it restarts. If that doesn't work, disconnect the battery for 15 mins, do a full reset, if the physical go home button works but the voice command option sends you to the dealer, it sounds like the system isn't registering that you've changed the go home destination. The battery pull should fix that, only issue is you'll have to reset all your personal settings on the car, radio station, seat position, bluetooth, garage door, etc.
Well I don't think I want to disconnect the battery to do full reset yet. Who knows it might cause another issue altogether!
Old 02-12-18, 05:16 AM
tedhw
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DampDuffer
Honestly, the best advice is to command your car to "Go Home," and follow your car's navigation system to your dealer and tell them to fix it!

All other workarounds are just annoying and time consuming...get the professionals to fix it....

I've had a number of little annoying things such as aiming of headlights, turn signal timing, and non-led lights, and I just took it to my dealer where they fixed all the items for no charge while I munched on their donuts, drank their coffee, and test drove their cars, including a very nice RC F-Sport that had a sticker that would pay for at least two NXs...
Yes that's my plan if I can't figure out. They put the address in, they must be able to change it.

Actually you're also right about the aiming of headlight, I found the factory setting was too low, too dangerous for driving on dark highway!