Search this Thread

Old 07-13-19, 07:32 PM
Lexus2k18
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iizbor3d
https://www.toyotanation.com/forum/8...us-models.html

You can find the link for the files here
Thank you very much for the link and thanks to all in this thread for the insight and help. Followed the instructions for my 2018 NX300 w/o Nav and it worked like a charm. Chose a 16gb USB drive that had a decent transfer rate and the whole installation took a little over a half hour. Kept the engine on most of the time, except for the times *the bulletin* specifically instructed to turn off the engine.

CarPlay is a game changer, even considered trading in the '18 for '19 model before deciding to wait it out. Relieved that Lexus allowed the 2018 NX's to be included in this update. .

Last edited by Lexus2k18; 07-13-19 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-16-19, 11:27 AM
lugran76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Johnny Mayday
Hey everybody!

First, I wanted to say that everyone here is braver than I am with regard to this kind of stuff. Just wanted to let you know that Lexus contacted the forum about this thread, and they weren't all that stoked about it. What you do is up to you — obviously — but I wanted to post these sentences from the email:

"We noticed a Club Lexus forum post that includes a link to download the CarPlay update files that are now available at dealers. We understand that some owners would prefer to attempt this update themselves, but they are risking serious damage to their systems that will not be covered under warranty if they do so."

Just wanted to keep everyone aware. As you were.
I just paid $189 to have Apple CarPlay installed on my 2018 NX300H The installation was done at Lexus of Glendale Ca. I now feel like I am sitting on a 2019 NX LOL!!
Old 07-19-19, 07:08 AM
skyshadow
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus550
Your statement shows us how incompetence your techs are. Most of us here are not very tech savy but no one has bricked the head yet.
We have done thousands of updates nationwide, this thread is accountable for maybe 6.. It's a numbers game. People mess up, files load wrong, etc etc. I'm stating when things mess up at a dealership, they are covered under warranty. Also, I give you a friendly warning and you spit in my face.
Old 07-19-19, 07:20 AM
skyshadow
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I am not trying to scare people away from doing the update. I get no pay from dealers doing the update. This was all meant to be done for free. I have contacted multiple dealerships to advocate that, as well as, help them in not using techs to do the update so they can offer it for free. Many are using the excuse that it takes up a bay for an hour so the tech in that bay should be paid.

As for you guys all claiming this is a level 1 of difficulty, it's all about being familiar to the proprietary IU, OS, and hardware of the car. You just had a user state that 2017s can't have the update because of the USB but they don't know why. And no one helped that user or the owner of the 2017 understand why. So this same techy crowd doesn't understand the hardware differences between USB 2.0 and USB 3.0, Or why that would matter on something data hungry like Apple Carplay.

I wish the best of luck on your updates. I truly hope they all go well.
The following users liked this post:
DLUX (07-25-19)
Old 07-21-19, 06:33 AM
violetnx20
Driver School Candidate

Default Which model do you have?

Can I ask which model you have? I have a 2019 NX 300 produced in September so I just missed the cut off for Carplay coming with the vehicle. How did you know if you had a Panasonic or Pioneer unit? I have no navigation but the screen always says 'press here for navigation' then opens scout gps and uses it through my phone plan. Please advise if possible so I can know which file to download. Thank you!!!

Originally Posted by 2019nx300

Took 45 min. 2019 NX300 , with no navigation. Did not have to switch headlights on or off 3 times. Just followed the instructions. Installation is automatic and will restart on its own where it’ll tell you to contact dealership. Heart stopped for a little , but instruction told me to just turn ignition off and back on. Thank you mx3r
Old 07-21-19, 07:04 AM
2019nx300
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pioneer is the one without navigation
Old 07-24-19, 12:57 AM
Moyes
Driver School Candidate

Dear All

I would like to ask if Lexus nx 2017/2016 supporting apple car play?
Old 07-24-19, 03:11 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 782 Likes on 485 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by Moyes
Dear All

I would like to ask if Lexus nx 2017/2016 supporting apple car play?
Please read through this entire thread as the same questions are being asked because no one is reading.
At the present date there is no support for apple car play prior to 2018.

-Nigel
Old 07-24-19, 03:43 AM
Moyes
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for your prompt reply
Old 07-25-19, 11:18 AM
DLUX
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skyshadow
I am not trying to scare people away from doing the update. I get no pay from dealers doing the update. This was all meant to be done for free. I have contacted multiple dealerships to advocate that, as well as, help them in not using techs to do the update so they can offer it for free. Many are using the excuse that it takes up a bay for an hour so the tech in that bay should be paid.

As for you guys all claiming this is a level 1 of difficulty, it's all about being familiar to the proprietary IU, OS, and hardware of the car. You just had a user state that 2017s can't have the update because of the USB but they don't know why. And no one helped that user or the owner of the 2017 understand why. So this same techy crowd doesn't understand the hardware differences between USB 2.0 and USB 3.0, Or why that would matter on something data hungry like Apple Carplay.

I wish the best of luck on your updates. I truly hope they all go well.
Thank you, you are amazing and saved me $200.
Old 07-25-19, 12:38 PM
violetnx20
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2019nx300
Pioneer is the one without navigation
thank you!
Old 08-23-19, 04:16 AM
frenchie69
Driver School Candidate

Can someone please PM the link of the files? I can't find them in this forum and the toyotas forum.. I drive the NX 300 F Sport if that helps!
Old 09-24-19, 08:20 AM
tellisgky
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife had the update installed on her 2018 NX 300h yesterday at the dealer - replaced the head unit (surprising).
We noticed two issues after returning home with the vehicle:
1. when iPhone is USB-attached to allow CarPlay use, Bluetooth becomes disabled on the vehicle, which contributes to next issue
2. when iPhone is USB-attached and call is made (regardless of which end of conversation initiates), remote caller (not in vehicle) voice is broadcast excellently over in-vehicle speakers; however, local caller (in vehicle) microphone (phone or vehicle, unsure which) sounds like it is 15 feet away when audio reaches remote caller.

Has anyone experienced either of these? If so, suggestions?????? Thanks in advance!
The following users liked this post:
IcemanFLL (12-16-19)
Old 10-17-19, 09:46 AM
bartolini9
Driver School Candidate

Has anyone tried to install CarPlay dongle to have wireless connection instead of wired? Here is a dongle for example:

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/OagvxnWDz

Seller claims that it works with Lexus NX.
Old 10-29-19, 10:22 AM
gbruyn
4th Gear

skyshadow any info on Android Auto future update now that the 2020 NX300 have that avail (Oct 19 production dates onward I believe). Can we expect the same timeline for this update next Spring?

Quick Reply: Lexus Enform 2.0 to update with Apple CarPlay