NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Lexus Enform 2.0 to update with Apple CarPlay

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-19, 05:08 PM
bmexxxzee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slypx

Yvan, got the email from Lexus Canada this morning... they announce a one time fee 70$ cdn (about 50$ USD)... not going to risk to brick the unit and will have Lexus do it for that price but will try to negotiate it. Already in contact with them and they are doing their first one today on a demo car ... They will contact me when ready to do it on mine.

Just a silly question, how do you get Lexus Canada to give you this email?
I talked to my dealership initially during the first week of may and they said they are still figuring out the cost for the update? If I could get an email like this, it would really be helpful in order to drive the price down since I'm assuming they're probably going to charge around 199$

Thank you.
Old 05-16-19, 05:34 PM
balance101
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bmexxxzee
Just a silly question, how do you get Lexus Canada to give you this email?
I talked to my dealership initially during the first week of may and they said they are still figuring out the cost for the update? If I could get an email like this, it would really be helpful in order to drive the price down since I'm assuming they're probably going to charge around 199$

Thank you.
It's from em.lexus.ca ? I think your dealership needs to register you? When I first brought my vehicle I got a welcome email and after that I have been getting regular newsletter? It should be same across all dealership. Note on the promo below:

"If this update suits your needs, please be aware that it must be completed within the vehicle’s 48-month/80,000 km Basic Vehicle Warranty period. If you have exceeded your Basic Vehicle Warranty period, this special rate is available until December 7, 2019."

Can't wait to tour the Cambridge manufacturing facility this year

Last edited by balance101; 05-16-19 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-16-19, 05:37 PM
slypx
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

When I bought the vehicle, I think I had to create an account for Enform and did subscribe to the Lexus Canada monthly news letter entering my VIN number. Every month I get their monthly news letter but this morning I received this offer ... just show the 70$ offer ...

Last edited by slypx; 05-16-19 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-17-19, 06:55 AM
ross7777
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

So those of you with CarPlay, does the album artwork display when you use the Music app while in motion?
Old 05-17-19, 08:07 AM
Roscol
Pit Crew

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

This was on the Lexus.ca website.
Although no price is advertised, hopefully all dealers would honour the $70 installation price that is floating around in emails.
It’s definitely something I’ll be adding to my next service appointment in the next 6 months.
Old 05-18-19, 09:02 AM
JedWare
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I read through the instructions (2018 NX Panasonic) and the only question I have are for steps 16, 18, 19.

16. I don't quite understand how you get through the update and some how Gracenote Database is not updated and that indicates the head unit and MEU both need to be replaced?

18. Reload Enform App Suite. Did people that did the upgrade have to do this step? Is this another flash upgrade and where are the files found or just re-linking app?

19. Reload Lexus eOwners Manual. I see some say they need to do this and post the firmware upgrade instructions but where do you get the files?
Old 05-18-19, 01:46 PM
balance101
Driver School Candidate

16. I don't quite understand how you get through the update and some how Gracenote Database is not updated and that indicates the head unit and MEU both need to be replaced? - no clue but i'm sure it's pretty hard to brick the unit unless you shut if off mid way or even that there must be a recovery mode to force a new update to the system

18. Reload Enform App Suite. Did people that did the upgrade have to do this step? Is this another flash upgrade and where are the files found or just re-linking app? - it just update over the air for me

19. Reload Lexus eOwners Manual. I see some say they need to do this and post the firmware upgrade instructions but where do you get the files?
Originally Posted by GabC
Just saw the last part of the LSB. Here is the LSB on how to put the manual back and the link to the files. Both NX 300 and NX 300H
Old 05-18-19, 01:47 PM
balance101
Driver School Candidate

/
Originally Posted by ross7777
So those of you with CarPlay, does the album artwork display when you use the Music app while in motion?
on enform ? nope still no art work when driving
Old 05-18-19, 02:00 PM
ross7777
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by balance101
/

on enform ? nope still no art work when driving
No the CarPlay music app.
Old 05-19-19, 09:18 AM
balance101
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ross7777
No the CarPlay music app.
i use spotify it shows when you're browsing playlist but the album art is like faded in the background.
Old 05-19-19, 03:38 PM
JedWare
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by balance101
16. I don't quite understand how you get through the update and some how Gracenote Database is not updated and that indicates the head unit and MEU both need to be replaced? - no clue but i'm sure it's pretty hard to brick the unit unless you shut if off mid way or even that there must be a recovery mode to force a new update to the system

18. Reload Enform App Suite. Did people that did the upgrade have to do this step? Is this another flash upgrade and where are the files found or just re-linking app? - it just update over the air for me

Thanks. That was the missing pieces I needed. I did the update today and everything went smooth. Update completed in under an hour and then probably another half hour adding back stations and getting enform updates and adding manual. I can't wait to enjoy google maps on my display.
Old 05-20-19, 08:13 AM
eaglefox12
Driver School Candidate

Hi all,
I just found out about this update. I can't find the instruction though. Could someone please pm me. I have the 2018 nx300 with Nav.

Thank you.
Old 05-20-19, 08:40 PM
kubakj
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lexus+Alexa has been added to support iPhones (iOS). By surprise found this app in Apple Store as its not announced yet. After installing it on your phone Lexus+Alexa shows up in Enform Apps 2.0 dashboard and you can use Alexa. Tested and works nice. You need to have app opened (it can be in background, not like Scout GPS).
The following users liked this post:
elettron10 (05-21-19)
Old 05-21-19, 03:29 PM
End1ess
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by kubakj
Lexus+Alexa has been added to support iPhones (iOS). By surprise found this app in Apple Store as its not announced yet. After installing it on your phone Lexus+Alexa shows up in Enform Apps 2.0 dashboard and you can use Alexa. Tested and works nice. You need to have app opened (it can be in background, not like Scout GPS).
again only in the US market.
Old 05-22-19, 06:06 AM
eaglefox12
Driver School Candidate

Just a quick update for others that are a bit skeptical on this DIY.
I was able to complete the update and reinstall the manual under 2 hours. I would have been able to do it in 1.5 had I not ignored the instruction on the first page.
After the update process starts as soon as you plug in the USB drive, your input is required exactly after 13 minutes to continue with the update. I waited for about half an hour until I realized and had to restart the process.

Other than that, it was a breeze. Just follow the instruction which is really simple (1/10) difficulty level.

I was really psyched to see it working. It's a shame dealerships are charging an arm and a leg to install this here in DMV area ($199 + labor)

Quick Reply: Lexus Enform 2.0 to update with Apple CarPlay