NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Lexus Enform 2.0 to update with Apple CarPlay

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-19, 11:30 AM
cutiger
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cutiger
After the files loaded and i turned the headlights off and on 3 times as soon as it started the update I got a red screen. I turned the car off, redownloaded the files and placed on usb and started the car up with the usb in and its still not progressing. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!!

Just as a little more info it boots with a screen that says installing new software on the left and a warning about removing media or turning off. On the right it says meu usb detect and imu usb detect. Im afraid something has gone awry and I felt like I know what I am doing. I formatted the 16gb brand new sandisk thumb drive fat32 on a windows pc and extracted the files over to it.
Old 05-15-19, 11:41 AM
arunm811
Driver School Candidate

Hello, can anyone help me with files and instructions for 2019 NX300H non-navigation ? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-15-19, 01:14 PM
yvan_es350
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Finally available in Canada: Important Information for 2018 LC, LCh, LS, LSh, RC, RC F, NX, NXh and 2019 NX, NXh and RC F (built before October 1st, 2018)
Your Lexus multimedia system is now eligible for an update which includes Apple CarPlay™ compatibility. Please contact your preferred Dealership for more details.
The following users liked this post:
slypx (05-16-19)
Old 05-15-19, 02:15 PM
deecee
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus carplay available in canada

In email
Old 05-15-19, 02:30 PM
ross7777
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by deecee

In email
Lucky. I would pay that in a heartbeat.
Old 05-15-19, 03:04 PM
RXN
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ross7777
Lucky. I would pay that in a heartbeat.
Same. Local dealer (Glendale, CA) is charging me $349 with labor.
Old 05-16-19, 07:23 AM
kubakj
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gandalfAUS
It is absolutely a WOW feature. I have Carplay (I did a custom install) in wife's Mazda CX7 and trust me, it is worth it. Maps (Google/Apple), Spotify, Apple Music, Messages are just a great addition to any car.
After driving her car and coming back to my IS350 (a class above in every other way) it just feels like going 10 years back in time.
CARPLAY is big thing for MAPS, but messages and music apps not so much for me as this could be done via bluetooth from your phone, but most maybe find this as a wow service. Anyway I still enjoy carplay just for Google Maps.

I also thought this will have more apps available, but you have to have jailbroken phone.
Old 05-16-19, 08:12 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 782 Likes on 485 Posts
Arrow

After the files loaded and i turned the headlights off and on 3 times as soon as it started the update I got a red screen. I turned the car off, redownloaded the files and placed on usb and started the car up with the usb in and its still not progressing. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!!

1. Did you download the correct file for your system. Nav vs non-nav?
2. Did you format the thumbdrive via FAT32?
3. Did you extract the files to the USB drive or to a folder on your desktop then copy said files onto thumbdrive?
4. Do you have another thumb drive you can use?
5. Did you confirm your model ID is what is listed that is applicable to what the PDF instructions state?

*If a blue screen appears, remove the USB flash drive, verify ALL downloaded files are present on the empty USB flash drive, cycle the vehicle OFF/ON, and begin the procedure again.

* If a red screen appears remove the USB flash drive, verify ALL downloaded files are present on the empty USB flash drive, and cycle the vehicle OFF/ON. Then, verify that a green screen appears after 1 minute, cycle the vehicle OFF/ON again, and once the map screen appears, begin the procedure again.

-Nigel
Old 05-16-19, 08:34 AM
slypx
Driver

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by yvan_es350
Finally available in Canada: Important Information for 2018 LC, LCh, LS, LSh, RC, RC F, NX, NXh and 2019 NX, NXh and RC F (built before October 1st, 2018)
Your Lexus multimedia system is now eligible for an update which includes Apple CarPlay™ compatibility. Please contact your preferred Dealership for more details.
Yvan, got the email from Lexus Canada this morning... they announce a one time fee 70$ cdn (about 50$ USD)... not going to risk to brick the unit and will have Lexus do it for that price but will try to negotiate it. Already in contact with them and they are doing their first one today on a demo car ... They will contact me when ready to do it on mine.

Last edited by slypx; 05-16-19 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-16-19, 12:43 PM
cutiger
Driver School Candidate

Any ideas yall? Got the red screen after the headlight toggle. Tried several usb sticks and downloading again. I get this screen with or without the usb inserted when I start the car.
Old 05-16-19, 12:44 PM
cutiger
Driver School Candidate

Any ideas yall? Got the red screen after the headlight toggle. Tried several usb sticks and downloading again. I get this screen with or without the usb inserted when I start the car.
Would help if I added pic...

Old 05-16-19, 12:51 PM
balance101
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would help if I added pic...
is that consider a red screen? after the headlight toggle it ran for another 15min until it finished and showed a blue screen for me.

Last edited by balance101; 05-16-19 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-16-19, 12:59 PM
cutiger
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by balance101
is that consider a red screen? after the headlight toggle it ran for another for another 15min of install until it finished and showed a blue screen for me.
This is the screen I get now, I didnt take a pic of the red screen. Immediately after I toggled headlights the red screen came up saying there was an error. I gave it some time and nothing changed so turned off car and removed usb. Then tried a new USB and re-downloaded files but this is all I get now.
Old 05-16-19, 01:41 PM
yvan_es350
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bonjour Sly. Same here. Dont want a brick. I have an appt on may 27 for the upgrade. Hopefully they get it right....

Last edited by yvan_es350; 05-16-19 at 01:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
slypx (05-16-19)
Old 05-16-19, 01:45 PM
nigel821
Racer

Received 782 Likes on 485 Posts
Arrow

Did you read my post above?

Specifically questions 1,2,3, and 5. Would help if you gave us more information...

Immediately to me if you are getting a red screen without the usb stick inserted something isn't right. Is the system booting at all into the GUI or is it just a red screen now? If it's just a red screen then that tell me possibly new head unit? Not sure though, in my earlier post I had the entire vehicle shut off WHILE it was doing the update after about an hour mark... turned the vehicle back on, and it picked up where it left off and about another 20 minutes later it finished. My first thoughts would be what WAS your version number before trying the update? And or you were missing files from the extract/copy to the thumb drive...

Per the directions:
* If a red screen appears remove the USB flash drive, verify ALL downloaded files are present on the empty USB flash drive, and cycle the vehicle OFF/ON. Then, verify that a green screen appears after 1 minute, cycle the vehicle OFF/ON again, and once the map screen appears, begin the procedure again.
Did you do that step and verify you get a green screen at all?

Also where in VA are you located? I'm in Gainesville.... are you close to me?

-Nigel

Last edited by nigel821; 05-16-19 at 03:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Lexus Enform 2.0 to update with Apple CarPlay