Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

https://www.toyotanation.com/forum/8...us-models.html

You can find the link for the files here
Old 05-12-19, 05:16 PM
Jmask5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Applied this to my 19 and its game changing, love it so far. The map stuff especially.
Old 05-13-19, 05:53 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 752 Likes on 468 Posts

I'm doing the update later today. Dealer wants $230 + tax for it which is a crock of crap that it's an 18' and bought new. Something like this should be "included"...

Funny that CL caved and removed the links to the files/downloads...etc. *Had them book marked*, so if you need them contact me privately.

I read a couple people didn't have the car running, and just simply had it "on"... I am planning this as well along with hooking the vehicle up to a trickle charger so that voltage doesn't drop. I can't see just having the car running for an hour while I am in the house...etc.
-Nigel

Last edited by nigel821; 05-14-19 at 07:21 AM.
Old 05-13-19, 04:40 PM
Fjaw
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

anyone gotten the update done at dealer in orange county yet?
Old 05-14-19, 07:21 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 752 Likes on 468 Posts
Arrow

Welp wanted to share my experience with the update yesterday.
Used a 16gb thumb drive as that's all that I could find that didn't have stuff that couldn't be erased. Formatted the drive in Win7 via FAT32. I believe the allocation size was default at 4096 bytes.

Downloaded the correct Toyota file from website that was posted but then removed early on in the thread. Extracted the .zip file to my desktop and then verified said files moved them to the thumb drive. I will note that if you extract the files directly to the thumb drive it will take longer.

Followed the directions on the pdf and verified software version/disabled auto update...etc. The plugged in the thumb drive. Please see screen shots below. Everything is working and it's nice. I DID have to reinstall the e-owners manual but that was very simple. Probably took an extra minute to do at the end.

If you know how to use a computer you can easily do this update. It's like a 1 out of 10 in terms of difficulty.

Things to note. Being smarter than the engineers I said why would I "start" the car and have it run the entire time, when I can just click on the ignition and do it that way. Welp in the instructions it says the vehicle will shut off after an hour. During the update guess what happened... after about an hour while it was doing the update, the damn vehicle shut off. I about crapped my pants because I thought the head unit was going to be bricked. I immediately turned the vehicle on and started it, and it went through a boot loop about 3-4 times and I thought, lesson learned time to buy a new head unit. But then it picked right back up and began installing again. I think they built in some type of tolerance for error.. I don't think this is like a BIOS update where it's totally f'ed if something goes off. BUT, **PLEASE ACTUALLY TURN YOUR CAR ON AND HAVE IT RUNNING TO AVOID THIS PUCKER MOMENT**

See pictures below. I forgot to take a picture of the blue screen that tells you everything is updated and to remove thumb drive, turn off the car, then turn back on so it can finish installation. Don't freak out when you turn the car back on and it take a minute or two for the screen to actually show something. Mine was blank for at least 2-3 minutes. Verify the software is the version that it should be updated and you are good to go. Total install time was about 70-75 minutes or so.

-Nigel

Last edited by nigel821; 05-15-19 at 04:57 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Hamed1 (06-21-20)
Old 05-14-19, 01:48 PM
MDLex2018
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can use the FREE link and USB do it! In MD I scheduled an appointment online, went to the dealer, and well...I got charged $240 later reduced to $199 to have Carplay installed on my car (they played it off like it was an optional GPS upgrade...blah blah blah). I had just got off the night shift, tired but determined to have CarPlay. I was willing to pay only because I was fed up of using Scout GPS, especially in DC’s busy traffic and I had little extra moneys (by no means am I rich &#129297. It took the dealer about 2 hours to install (apparently I was the first customer, to ever get it in the area and probably the only knucklehead that will pay.... Of course the dealer was very polite and stuff). I do plan on reaching out to Lexus customer service as I was told by the update would be free.

Summary:
1) CarPlay is available for “optional upgrade” in Maryland for $199-240 at the dealer and may take up to 2 hours
2) It is NOT free at all, so expect to pay up unless you use the bootleg Link that's going around. Plus I only have Apple products and to set up the USB files you need a Windows PC.

Last edited by MDLex2018; 05-14-19 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-14-19, 03:40 PM
kubakj
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Except agility to use Google Maps, Apple Maps and Waze I don't see any of the feature as WOW service. Too bad more apps not available.
Old 05-14-19, 04:41 PM
ross7777
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by kubakj
Except agility to use Google Maps, Apple Maps and Waze I don't see any of the feature as WOW service. Too bad more apps not available.
Ability to not use the factory Nav is huge though. Music interface is also much better.
Hamed1 (06-21-20)
Old 05-14-19, 09:55 PM
JermSJ
Driver School Candidate

is anyone else having trouble with downloading the file from the sync.com? Even though I'm pressing the download button, it seems like nothing is happening..
Old 05-15-19, 04:41 AM
gandalfAUS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kubakj
It is absolutely a WOW feature. I have Carplay (I did a custom install) in wife's Mazda CX7 and trust me, it is worth it. Maps (Google/Apple), Spotify, Apple Music, Messages are just a great addition to any car.
After driving her car and coming back to my IS350 (a class above in every other way) it just feels like going 10 years back in time.
chemengin (01-31-21)
Old 05-15-19, 08:13 AM
2019nx300
Driver School Candidate

Took 45 min. 2019 NX300 , with no navigation. Did not have to switch headlights on or off 3 times. Just followed the instructions. Installation is automatic and will restart on its own where it’ll tell you to contact dealership. Heart stopped for a little , but instruction told me to just turn ignition off and back on. Thank you mx3r
Old 05-15-19, 09:04 AM
End1ess
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JermSJ
is anyone else having trouble with downloading the file from the sync.com? Even though I'm pressing the download button, it seems like nothing is happening..
Do u have ads block running, try disable that. Or try with chrome.
JermSJ (05-15-19)
Old 05-15-19, 10:00 AM
RXN
Driver School Candidate

Hi all, new to the forum and somewhat new NX owner (bought December of last year). I've been waiting for this update and I missed out on the instructions. Can someone kindly pm me? I have the non-navi version like the photo from user 2019nx300. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-15-19, 10:39 AM
2019nx300
Driver School Candidate

Rxn, check your pm
RXN (05-15-19)
Old 05-15-19, 11:02 AM
cutiger
10th Gear

After the files loaded and i turned the headlights off and on 3 times as soon as it started the update I got a red screen. I turned the car off, redownloaded the files and placed on usb and started the car up with the usb in and its still not progressing. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!!

Quick Reply: Lexus Enform 2.0 to update with Apple CarPlay