NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Lexus Enform 2.0 to update with Apple CarPlay

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-19, 02:09 PM
nxdrive8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone help me troubleshoot? Regarding a 2018 NX with Navigation (Panasonic):

I completed all the steps up until number 9 where you plug in the prepared flash drive.

After I plug it in, nothing happens. I don't get the "new software is ready to update" screen. Something like "Reading Flash Drive" at the top of the screen popped up momentarily right after I plugged it in, but that's it. Otherwise, it's like nothing happened. I can use the system like normal while the flash drive is plugged in.

I made sure the flash drive is formatted to FAT32. The actual flash drive has no other files other than the update, which is a folder entitled "L2-P2_D1031_M1030" that then contains all the actual files and folders.

Any ideas?
Old 05-07-19, 02:11 PM
elettron10
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nxdrive8
Can someone help me troubleshoot? Regarding a 2018 NX with Navigation (Panasonic):

I completed all the steps up until number 9 where you plug in the prepared flash drive.

After I plug it in, nothing happens. I don't get the "new software is ready to update" screen. Something like "Reading Flash Drive" popped up momentarily right after I plugged it in at the top of the screen, but that's it. Otherwise, it's like nothing happened. I can use the system like normal while the flash drive is plugged in.

I made sure the flash drive is formatted to FAT32. The actual flash drive has no other files other than the update, which is a folder entitled "L2-P2_D1031_M1030" that then contains all the actual files and folders.

Any ideas?
Move the files/folders in the root of the USB drive
Old 05-07-19, 02:14 PM
iizbor3d
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

After I plug it in, nothing happens. I don't get the "new software is ready to update" screen. Something like "Reading Flash Drive" popped up momentarily right after I plugged it in at the top of the screen, but that's it. Otherwise, it's like nothing happened. I can use the system like normal while the flash drive is plugged in.

Any ideas?
I haven't done the update yet, but try taking the files out of the folder you created and put them on the drive without them being in any folder.
Old 05-07-19, 02:27 PM
GabC
Rookie

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by elettron10
Unzip the folder.. do you see another folder? if you do .. click on that one and then move all those files on the root of the usb. There can't be a folder first and then the files.. just the files.
Old 05-07-19, 02:57 PM
nxdrive8
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by iizbor3d
I haven't done the update yet, but try taking the files out of the folder you created and put them on the drive without them being in any folder.
Originally Posted by GabC
Unzip the folder.. do you see another folder? if you do .. click on that one and then move all those files on the root of the usb. There can't be a folder first and then the files.. just the files.
Putting the files/folders in the root of the drive worked. Thanks guys.
Old 05-07-19, 03:07 PM
elettron10
Driver School Candidate

Putting the files/folders in the root of the drive worked. Thanks guys.
you're welcome. Did you also perform step 18 and 19?
Old 05-07-19, 03:41 PM
nigel821
Racer

Received 753 Likes on 469 Posts

Can you post pictures of the update and or tell us how it is? There is some concern with what is actually in the update from that site since there's really no way of verifying what you are actually putting into the media center... IE: Is it legit toyota/lexus update or does it have other malware and such buried somewhere in it...

Thanks,
-Nigel
Old 05-07-19, 03:52 PM
kubakj
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Update completed in over one hour. Had to reinstall few times as lexus enform apps stopped working.

i thought there will be Amazon Alexa app installed. I dont see it. Was that included or not?

During installation there was new update for Enform (actually2) and then it was greyed out. I have unistalled and installed app on my iphone, reconnected and repaired bluetooth, but finally after deleting personal settings on a screen it connected.

Last edited by kubakj; 05-07-19 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-07-19, 04:07 PM
elettron10
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kubakj
Update completed in over one hour. Had to reinstall few times as lexus enform apps stopped working.

i thought there will be Amazon Alexa app installed. I dont see it. Was that included or not?
you need to install the Lexus Alexa App...see link below for instructions:

https://drivers.lexus.com/lexus-driv...e_Pager_v2.pdf

Is Lexus Enform App Suite still installed on the car?
Old 05-07-19, 04:29 PM
ross7777
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I’m going to let the dealer handle this. I’ve got a leased 2019. I’m not interested in bricking it.
Old 05-07-19, 04:37 PM
nxdrive8
Driver School Candidate

you're welcome. Did you also perform step 18 and 19?
The EnForm App Suite came back without issue after an update. The Owners manual however can't be found. When clicking on owner's manual, it says "Unable to access the media. Please check that it is properly inserted." If anyone has any ideas on how to fix that, please let us know.
Old 05-07-19, 05:00 PM
kubakj
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you need to install the Lexus Alexa App...see link below for instructions:

https://drivers.lexus.com/lexus-driv...e_Pager_v2.pdf

Is Lexus Enform App Suite still installed on the car?
OK. I got Iphone and still not available. Android only so far.
Old 05-07-19, 05:03 PM
elettron10
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kubakj
OK. I got Iphone and still not available. Android only so far.
you're right...I missed this part " Please note that, Lexus+Alexa is supported only on Android phones, however iOS (iPhone®) availability is coming soon."
Old 05-07-19, 07:05 PM
ching2
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was also able to update mine, 2018 NX300 FSport. Apple Carplay working perfectly.

Lexus Enform App was good.

Can't access the Owner's Manual though. Same error I got from above.
Old 05-07-19, 09:17 PM
GabC
Rookie

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ching2
Can't access the Owner's Manual though. Same error I got from above.
Just saw the last part of the LSB. Here is the LSB on how to put the manual back and the link to the files. Both NX 300 and NX 300H

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cE...RUuBpICCR4UY2p
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
L-SB-0124-17.pdf (594.9 KB, 488 views)
The following 3 users liked this post by GabC:
ching2 (05-08-19), dlcathcart (05-08-19), elettron10 (05-08-19)

Quick Reply: Lexus Enform 2.0 to update with Apple CarPlay