NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Ranting on all the recent "Rant" posts

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-18, 03:00 PM
Floorance
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ranting on all the recent "Rant" posts

It seems like more and more recent posts are trending towards rants and nitpicking vs informative or assistance seeking. To those who complain about the car not being too fast, can't handle, too noisy, too bumpy, steering wheel can't heat up, stereo too poor, not enough power, mpg to poor, not enough features yada yada, enough is enough. Im soo exhausted reading all these subjective, ill informed, buyers remorse posts. Just because one lacks the ability to manage expectations, feel entitled because you purchased a Lexus and want to come here and rant doesn't make your opinion right nor the end all be all. I highly doubt the ranters ever even used the "search" feature because they never came here for help nor answers, just to complain and being unrealistic, and then these posts become FUD.

There are those who do have legitimate issues, mechanical (engine noises), electrical issues etc and those looking for answers that's where a forum should shine to help those looking for answers. Also there are those who come here just to share about their experience, such as pictures of their cars, wheels, aftermarket parts and mods etc. That's why CL exists and this subforum exists.

For those who come here just to rant, sign up to posts once or twice and complain and never contribute anything else, here's my response to your rant. Sell the car and buy something else. The NX isn't perfect, there are things I do like and don't like about it, but be realistic to what it is. Or do everyone a favor and put "RANT" in your title, that way we can just skip over it
The following 7 users liked this post by Floorance:
legrunt (01-11-18), lexus114 (01-10-18), no1SomeGuy (01-09-18), oldwineguy (01-09-18), TechNut (01-09-18), WhatYaGot (01-12-18), wpath (01-13-18) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-09-18, 05:28 PM
miop4000
Intermediate

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Well said, I mean ranted.
Old 01-09-18, 05:44 PM
no1SomeGuy
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 69 Posts

Agreed...the NX is definitely not perfect, but it's an incredible bargain for what you are getting.
Old 01-09-18, 06:05 PM
chezgk
Intermediate

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

The NX handles relatively well after zero-ing out toe settings, adding a little negative camber up front, and swapping out the rear sway bar. Extra fun if you fully turn traction control off (amber light on the cluster and not just a pop up on the cluster LCD screen).

As long as you know what you signed up for, you ought not be disappointed with the vehicle. Purchasing the vehicle based on some imagined notion that it's one of the sportiest SUVs around, however, would be a different story altogether.
Old 01-10-18, 09:44 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Floorance
It seems like more and more recent posts are trending towards rants and nitpicking vs informative or assistance seeking. To those who complain about the car not being too fast, can't handle, too noisy, too bumpy, steering wheel can't heat up, stereo too poor, not enough power, mpg to poor, not enough features yada yada, enough is enough. Im soo exhausted reading all these subjective, ill informed, buyers remorse posts. Just because one lacks the ability to manage expectations, feel entitled because you purchased a Lexus and want to come here and rant doesn't make your opinion right nor the end all be all. I highly doubt the ranters ever even used the "search" feature because they never came here for help nor answers, just to complain and being unrealistic, and then these posts become FUD.

There are those who do have legitimate issues, mechanical (engine noises), electrical issues etc and those looking for answers that's where a forum should shine to help those looking for answers. Also there are those who come here just to share about their experience, such as pictures of their cars, wheels, aftermarket parts and mods etc. That's why CL exists and this subforum exists.

For those who come here just to rant, sign up to posts once or twice and complain and never contribute anything else, here's my response to your rant. Sell the car and buy something else. The NX isn't perfect, there are things I do like and don't like about it, but be realistic to what it is. Or do everyone a favor and put "RANT" in your title, that way we can just skip over it
And for people like you there's an easy fix. Just don't click on the "rant" thread. It's as simple as that. I don't like a thread or don't want to participate in a discussion I just ignore it.

This is a forum for everyone to discuss the car in its entirety...all the positives and all the negatives.

You don't get to discourage people from dialogue and discussion just because you don't like the thread.
Old 01-10-18, 12:40 PM
no1SomeGuy
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by tresmith00
And for people like you there's an easy fix. Just don't click on the "rant" thread. It's as simple as that. I don't like a thread or don't want to participate in a discussion I just ignore it.

This is a forum for everyone to discuss the car in its entirety...all the positives and all the negatives.

You don't get to discourage people from dialogue and discussion just because you don't like the thread.
Except most are 1-2 post users who come on to complain about something and then leave...it just brings a lot of needless negativity.
Old 01-10-18, 12:45 PM
Floorance
Rookie

That's exactly why I skipped over your "Rant" thread. And yes a forum is for people to discuss the good and the bad, have a real discussion, open some eyes and change perceptions. I'm not going to discourage anyone from having any sort of real dialogue, whether they agree, disagree, or best agree to disagree. But a Rant isn't that, ones not looking for solutions, just venting their frustrations. You then come here to discourage me on my thread that I started, because YOU didn't like it, pretty hypocritical.
Old 01-10-18, 05:48 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

That's exactly why I skipped over your "Rant" thread. And yes a forum is for people to discuss the good and the bad, have a real discussion, open some eyes and change perceptions. I'm not going to discourage anyone from having any sort of real dialogue, whether they agree, disagree, or best agree to disagree. But a Rant isn't that, ones not looking for solutions, just venting their frustrations. You then come here to discourage me on my thread that I started, because YOU didn't like it, pretty hypocritical.
Pointing out that YOU are discouraging others from dialogue is not the same as discouraging you from dialogue. False equivalency.
Old 01-10-18, 06:36 PM
Floorance
Rookie

Pointing out that YOU are discouraging others from dialogue is not the same as discouraging you from dialogue. False equivalency.
Before it gets uglier, you basically

1. Are here to discourage me (like i stated)
2. Ranting your words with hostility, offering nothing constructive
3. Your posts are a prime example of why CL and Ranters like you should be avoided, but you are also now Trolling my thread.

Like you said, if you don't like a thread or want to participate, then ignore it. We can agree to disagree but at least be civil. You chose not to ignore my thread nor participate, you came here with hostility. You clearly are singling me out and trolling me now. I'll just get back to talking about Lexus and NX's, I'll make sure to skip over anything you rant about and avoid responding because of your trollish behavior.
The following users liked this post:
GlenK (01-11-18)
Old 01-11-18, 09:30 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

It seems like this why all the rants thread has become a.....rant thread.
Old 01-12-18, 11:51 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Before it gets uglier, you basically

1. Are here to discourage me (like i stated)
2. Ranting your words with hostility, offering nothing constructive
3. Your posts are a prime example of why CL and Ranters like you should be avoided, but you are also now Trolling my thread.

Like you said, if you don't like a thread or want to participate, then ignore it. We can agree to disagree but at least be civil. You chose not to ignore my thread nor participate, you came here with hostility. You clearly are singling me out and trolling me now. I'll just get back to talking about Lexus and NX's, I'll make sure to skip over anything you rant about and avoid responding because of your trollish behavior.
Where was I hostile or uncivil or discouraging?

Last edited by tresmith00; 01-12-18 at 11:55 AM.
Old 01-12-18, 12:45 PM
Koetsu
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oooh. Looks like a Left Coast vs. Right Coast fight.
Old 01-13-18, 02:37 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 749 Likes on 466 Posts

I will take the rant threads over the single posters that we have on the Mercedes forum that ask a single question about their Infinity g35...lol Let that sink in. Person joined a Mercedes forum to ask a question about their INFINITY...lol

I like forums, good, bad, and everything in between. As long as people respond and there isn't a bashing on people/personal attacks I'd rather have some activity than no activity. I've been on forums that you ask questions and there is ZERO activity... I've even checked back on some of those forums that I have asked and it's been years since anyone has posted. That's frustrating just because either the community isn't big into modding/fixing stuff on their cars or there just isn't a big enough group. Then you have my Subaru forum where if you ask something without any research prepare for world war III hellfire coming down on you. Which then makes any new people who want to learn go away and not build the community.

totally agree though, I don't think ANY vehicle is perfect. Hell I watch youtube videos of people that spend $300k+ for cars and they are still *****ing about something or the infotainment system sucks, or the stitching...etc. That's just the nature of the beast I guess. I do like the NX. It's cool how much technology is in this thing. My fear is though say in 5-10 years how expensive is it going to be to upkeep/maintain the car. IE: If a sensor goes out it will probably be $$$ compared to a mechanical part that is much less expensive.

-Nigel
Old 01-13-18, 10:38 AM
crankshaft
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by nigel821
I will take the rant threads over the single posters that we have on the Mercedes forum that ask a single question about their Infinity g35...lol Let that sink in. Person joined a Mercedes forum to ask a question about their INFINITY...lol

I like forums, good, bad, and everything in between. As long as people respond and there isn't a bashing on people/personal attacks I'd rather have some activity than no activity. I've been on forums that you ask questions and there is ZERO activity... I've even checked back on some of those forums that I have asked and it's been years since anyone has posted. That's frustrating just because either the community isn't big into modding/fixing stuff on their cars or there just isn't a big enough group. Then you have my Subaru forum where if you ask something without any research prepare for world war III hellfire coming down on you. Which then makes any new people who want to learn go away and not build the community.

totally agree though, I don't think ANY vehicle is perfect. Hell I watch youtube videos of people that spend $300k+ for cars and they are still *****ing about something or the infotainment system sucks, or the stitching...etc. That's just the nature of the beast I guess. I do like the NX. It's cool how much technology is in this thing. My fear is though say in 5-10 years how expensive is it going to be to upkeep/maintain the car. IE: If a sensor goes out it will probably be $$$ compared to a mechanical part that is much less expensive.

-Nigel

Great post!
Attached Images