NX F sport - what to expect

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-17, 06:39 AM
griffinpak
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NX F sport - what to expect

Short guide for potential NX buyer:
Its a good small SUV, small minor inconveniences (like any other thing you buy with money), buy it, you wont be dissapointed.

A little bit longer:

Owner of a 2 month old, 1800 miles driven NX F sport = Lots of positives, a few negatives.
  • Looks - lets face it, you are in either the HATE it, or LOVE it crowd, and since you are here on lexus forums, I am guessing you are in the latter group.
  • Its not fast and not supposed to be, but the the torque down low it will never feel anemic like my old i4 Honda Accord.
  • Fake sound from a speaker in sport mode is kinda lame, but I secretly like it.
  • Lots of room if you don't have kids in the back, hauled 35 bags of pine bark mulch (2 cu foot). Another time I hauled topiaries, elephant ear, and a pygmy palms.
  • If do have a kid, and a stroller out in the back, not much space remains free in the trunk, but still enough for groceries.
  • Daily drive 50 miles, love it, the suspension is a bit stiff but better than my old Honda coupe which was even stiffer. Not buttery smooth.
  • Road noise, boy o boy, not as bad as my old honda, but was expecting dead silence being a lexus and all, but again all in all not bad (how often do you drive without radio/music?)
  • MPG - not bad, I drive 50ish miles a day and average 29 (city/rural with lots of pulls to 60-65mph and back down to zero at every damn light between home and work)
  • Interior quality - better than my honda, better than the GLC I test drove, sure there is plastic everywhere, but thats most if not all cars <100k
  • Navigation - ok to have, more of a bragging thing I think, google maps on an iphone can't be beat.
  • Remember 45k isn't a lot of money anymore for cars, owning a accord and corolla for the last 10 years while going to various schools I thought for 45k they would give me a back rub every time I started the car, but alas it doesn't work that way.
  • Manage your expectations! (stolen from the other thread about buyers remorse)
  • Seats: real leather or the fake, seats are in fact good and supportive (overweight man here)
  • F sport or not? here was my conundrum, non F sport has the underbite, F sport fully loaded costs about the same as a non-F sport RX350.....
  • Exposed branded lexus bolts on the center console between seats, BOOOO
  • Lights: aimed to low for me, easy fix to raise them.
  • One thing that really makes me mad, no real sunglasses holder (scratched my regular and sunglasses pairs)
  • Storage up front: severely lacking, very few cubby holes
  • For reference my old honda refers to: 2 door i4 2010 Accord
  • Are you a Lexus engineer? Weird request, since we're faking it, can we get a low bass V8 growl and some pops during gear changes for the ASC!
  • My biggest disappointment: the dealership, I'd rather be run over by a M1 Abrams than buy a car from a dealer. I was hoping it being a Lexus, the buying experience would be different. Same old tactics, same old sleazy/greasy salesman etc, same old "let me go talk to my manager routine", I was hoping Tesla would have some sort of impact on dealers, but unfortunately this is not going to change anytime soon.
The following 3 users liked this post by griffinpak:
Granged (12-15-17), lexus114 (12-27-17), TorontoIS (12-16-17)