NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

2018 NX300 Passenger Door Closure

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-17, 03:21 AM
GrandmaCar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2018 NX300 Passenger Door Closure

Hi NX'er's New NX300 owner here, and first time poster with issue of my right rear passenger door closure. I have been searching topic and have not found much (other then the "grease"?) that might speak to my issue.

Issue - it seems like I must close my right rear passenger door more "forcefully" to get it to close "reliably". If not, the door does not close completely (ajar). Service took a quick look at dealership and did seem? (there is that word again) to notice a difference between the other doors on the vehicle. The only visible thing I saw during that quick review was a very slight difference in the centering of the frame latch to the door closure mechanism (that the service tech did not seem worried about).

This could all be "in my head", or even part of my (higher then normal) expectations for a lower end Lexus Model, but wanted to run this by the "Brain trust" here to ask for guidance/feedback.

I'm scheduling a service call for them to look more in depth?, but wanted to get some parallel feedback here.

Love the Car! and love this Site/Forum for discussion with other NX'ers!
Old 12-11-17, 08:20 AM
no1SomeGuy
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandmaCar
Hi NX'er's New NX300 owner here, and first time poster with issue of my right rear passenger door closure. I have been searching topic and have not found much (other then the "grease"?) that might speak to my issue.

Issue - it seems like I must close my right rear passenger door more "forcefully" to get it to close "reliably". If not, the door does not close completely (ajar). Service took a quick look at dealership and did seem? (there is that word again) to notice a difference between the other doors on the vehicle. The only visible thing I saw during that quick review was a very slight difference in the centering of the frame latch to the door closure mechanism (that the service tech did not seem worried about).

This could all be "in my head", or even part of my (higher then normal) expectations for a lower end Lexus Model, but wanted to run this by the "Brain trust" here to ask for guidance/feedback.

I'm scheduling a service call for them to look more in depth?, but wanted to get some parallel feedback here.

Love the Car! and love this Site/Forum for discussion with other NX'ers!
I find the rear doors aren't the smoothest to close on my NX since new. They just don't have that extra mass or whatever that you expect to overcome the friction of the hinges/slides.
Old 12-11-17, 09:19 AM
GrandmaCar
Driver School Candidate

Thanx no1, one of the Lex guys mentioned that too, but left pass door closes smoothly? I also tested with another door open to mitigate air seal, with no joy....
Old 12-13-17, 02:21 PM
GrandmaCar
Driver School Candidate

Took car to dealership service yesterday, they consulted with TAS, found nothing obvious, felt that after more use the foam seals might soften up/seat better to allow better door closure... Said to wait for 6 months 5K service to "re-check" on this nuance. I also wanted to add here that this door issue also exhibits a "different" sound on opening of the door.
Old 12-19-17, 02:02 PM
nickkaz
Driver School Candidate

It is definitely not just in your head. In my too :-). Have the same feeling.
Old 01-11-18, 09:58 PM
MissEllie
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandmaCar
Took car to dealership service yesterday, they consulted with TAS, found nothing obvious, felt that after more use the foam seals might soften up/seat better to allow better door closure... Said to wait for 6 months 5K service to "re-check" on this nuance. I also wanted to add here that this door issue also exhibits a "different" sound on opening of the door.
I have the same issue on my 2017 NX. I will mention it when I return for my oil change. Please post back if you find a resolution.