NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Floor mats for the NXt

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-17, 06:00 AM
SeaTac1
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Floor mats for the NXt

We relocated to Whidbey Island from San Diego and my wife's Nx desperately wants for floor mats. I suggested Weathertech but she wants something "cuter"....

Any ideas for competent wet protection?

Thanks.
Old 12-03-17, 06:20 AM
LNXT200
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lexus all weather rubber mats, that's what I have on mine including the cargo mat. Not sure if that is cute enough, but it does the job.

http://www.lexus.com/models/NX/accessories
Old 12-03-17, 06:45 AM
SeaTac1
Rookie

Originally Posted by LNXT200
Lexus all weather rubber mats, that's what I have on mine including the cargo mat. Not sure if that is cute enough, but it does the job.

http://www.lexus.com/models/NX/accessories

Yes saw those. What is the price for the front row? Says contact dealer....
Old 12-03-17, 07:37 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

We have the Lexus all-weather mats in our NX and the Weather Tech mats in our ES. The black Lexus mats are harder to get looking clean when I wash the car, and the coverage isn’t as good but they do say Lexus NX on them whereas the Weather Techs only have the manufacturer’s label. The Weather Techs are much more functional but the Lexus mats look better right up until until they get used. Then no amount of power washing seems to get them back to their factory black appearance.

Hands down favorite is the Weather Tech mats. They also cover the dead pedal but they are slightly more industrial looking.
Old 12-03-17, 07:46 AM
SeaTac1
Rookie

That is kinda what I figured. Weathertech has the best product...I have them in my 4Runner. looks like shell have to decorate them.
Old 12-03-17, 04:54 PM
crankshaft
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Ward6096
We have the Lexus all-weather mats in our NX and the Weather Tech mats in our ES. The black Lexus mats are harder to get looking clean when I wash the car, and the coverage isn’t as good but they do say Lexus NX on them whereas the Weather Techs only have the manufacturer’s label. The Weather Techs are much more functional but the Lexus mats look better right up until until they get used. Then no amount of power washing seems to get them back to their factory black appearance.

Hands down favorite is the Weather Tech mats. They also cover the dead pedal but they are slightly more industrial looking.
Bring back the black.....use and type of vinyl cream dressing or any type of floor wax.
Attached Images  
Old 12-04-17, 07:32 PM
DampDuffer
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by crankshaft
Bring back the black.....use and type of vinyl cream dressing or any type of floor wax.
Yup, that's what I do!

I too could not decide between Lexus and Weather Tech, but glad I went with the Lexus mats....not as "clunky" and they do not cover up the F-Sport silver dead pedal. Sure, I can't see that pedal when I'm driving, but I much prefer everything on all my cars since my '59 Impala convertible to be "original equipment."

Best price is probably from a Lexus dealer on eBay, that's what I did.

From San Diego to Whidbey? Hey, sailor!
Old 12-05-17, 06:22 PM
Ogrechan
Driver School Candidate

There are some new OEM mats on sale at ebay. See what your dealer charges to see if it is a better deal.

Last edited by Ogrechan; 12-05-17 at 07:03 PM.
Old 12-06-17, 04:05 PM
Coinops
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I highly recommend Maxpider Kagu mats. They fit well, look and feel much better than WeatherTech. They also have better coverage, especially the dead pedal (left foot rest)
Amazon Amazon
. I use them on my CT and NXH

Last edited by Coinops; 01-23-18 at 09:39 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ravim (01-09-18)
Old 01-20-18, 08:36 PM
ravim
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Coinops
I highly recommend Maxpider Kagu mats. They fit well, look and feel much better than WeatherTech. They also have better coverage, especially the read pedal (left foot rest) https://www.amazon.com/3D-MAXpider-C.../dp/B014KPEXXA . I use them on my CT and NXH
I had Maxpider mats/liner for my “other” car and went through two winters with them. Weathertech certainly has cachet in this market, but the Maxpiders have these advantages, imho:
- textured surface looks better for most vehicles; not as utilitarian
- Weathertech has a gummy surface to them that scuffs from normal wear. Maxpiders are easier to clean and they will look brand new.
- The Maxpiders have a cushiony feel to them.
- Supposedly the Maxpiders help dampen sound. These mats are have a middle layer of XPEM foam, which is advertised as such: https://www.morevafoam.com/Products/xpe-foam

A downside is that sharp objects could punch a hole right through them. I would even think maybe nails from a large dog sitting in the back.
Old 01-20-18, 09:35 PM
no1SomeGuy
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 69 Posts

Despite my NX coming with both the Lexus OEM carpet and all weather mats including trunk liners (there was no line item on my invoice for any of them, guess they're just included in Canada?)...I still purchased weathertech's for it and don't regret it for a minute, they are worth it.
Old 01-20-18, 09:47 PM
Floorance
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't speak for the Weathertech All Weather floor mats but the Laser Floor liners have been great for me so far. I actually use them in all my cars. Liners are great, look simple and since they are thin, you don't lose space, easy to clean and offer just as much protection as all weather mats. As for the OEM all weather mats from Lexus, I had two pairs on my IS350 and similar Toyota OEM ones on the Mrs. Prius. They all wear over time and get the material gets sticky and even incur cracks at the grooves with minimal use. If you ever spill anything in them they are hard to clean and a PITA to vacuum as well. After the stuck gas pedal debacle a few years back, Lexus replaced the set with one's that were even thinner and even cheaper in quality. I definitely can't recommend OEM especially for what they cost. I have no experience with Maxpider and they do seem solid, personally I don't like the textured surface, it looks super cheap and the "3D" logo is pretty fug, but to each their own. One thing I can say is that Weathertech's are Made in the USA.
Old 01-21-18, 07:15 AM
SeaTac1
Rookie

We just put in black Weathertech mats. Fit is perfect. Anywhere you get mud, snow and lots of leaves they will be great for Fall and Winter.
Old 01-22-18, 10:38 AM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

I’ve used WeatherTech all weather mats for years, and swore I always would. Then I got a set of WeatherTech floor liners. The floor liners are MUCH nicer, and fit perfectly! They are far easier to keep clean, they keep the carpet much cleaner. Especially around the edges. You have to vacuum way less because the stuff you normally have to vacuum out of the carpet stays in the liner. All you do is pull them out occasionally, dump out the bigger stuff like leaves, sand, etc, and use a damp cloth for anything left. The all weather mats are HARD to keep clean. I used to have to take them out and scrub them with a brush every month or so to keep them from looking filthy.

I’m a big believer in WeatherTech in general, and floor liners specifically!
Old 01-22-18, 12:48 PM
aztr0
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Lexus floor liners, I’ve made a post about them a year ago.

Quick Reply: Floor mats for the NXt